T Nation

Bulk and Cut in Same Cycle

I was thinking about running my first cycle and wanted some feedback, suggestions, advice, etc. (Keep in mind nothing is set yet this is just a base idea to start around. I think I'm going to stay away from orals. Advice especially on AI's, HCG, and PCT would be greatly appreciated.)

Week 1-10 Test E (250mg/2xWeek)- Caloric surplus about 500 cals
Week 11-16 Test E (250mg/2xWeek)- Caloric deficit about 500 cals
HCG (Week 1-18)- 250 iu 2xWeek
Arimdadex(week 1-18)
Nolva (18-22)
Maintenance Cals when coming off Test

What are your current stats. Recent pic would help.

I don’t see how you’re going to cut with that cycle/diet

Are you referring to a 500 calorie deficit or running test while cutting? You think a bigger deficit is needed?

Honestly you’re better off doing one or the other. Bulk for 12 weeks on AAS. PCT and then cut down. But to be honest 5 weeks for a cut isnt that long. If you start a cut for 8-12 weeks after PCT then you would be okay to do another cycle to bulk once again whilst still having time off gear.

[quote]GoinAfterGainzzz wrote:
I was thinking about running my first cycle and wanted some feedback, suggestions, advice, etc. (Keep in mind nothing is set yet this is just a base idea to start around. I think I’m going to stay away from orals. Advice especially on AI’s, HCG, and PCT would be greatly appreciated.)

Week 1-10 Test E (250mg/2xWeek)- Caloric surplus about 500 cals
Week 11-16 Test E (250mg/2xWeek)- Caloric deficit about 500 cals
HCG (Week 1-18)- 250 iu 2xWeek
Arimdadex(week 1-18)
Nolva (18-22)
Maintenance Cals when coming off Test[/quote]

uhm, i think you might wanna do some more reading and think this through…

it is not uncommon to gain 10-20 lbs on test e. if you did that, a 500 kCal surplus in week 1 would be a deficit at the end of the cycle without any adjustment…

but anyway, i agree with Dr J about picking one goal or another.

Yeah too many people get caught in the trap of chasing both goals and it usually ends with less then average results. I agree just try build some quality gains then cut up next cycle

I bloody hate the term maintenance calories there is no such thing!