Bulk AND Cut Different Body Parts?

Hey man. Basically, to sort yourself out, read that 5x5 thing (it’s good) and do many more sets, reps and total weight for exercises that work you back, than your front. Like nate said.
This is the most important thing.

rows, pullups with good form, shrugs (don’t rotate your shoudlers back, please) overhead presses and all that good shit. Check out all Cressey, Robertson and Hartman’s articles, for your posture.

Do deadlifts with scapular retraction (back tight) this is a favourite. Listen to prof x, but don’t get disheartened by his comments. Keep your head up, and shoulders back (literally)

Like the sound of this?

It’ll come mate.

I really want to thank everyone for the responses. I know that to have proper posture, a big part of that is having the correct muscular strength preportionality (like we’re saying here - chest not too strong without the back not being strong enough) but is there any way to tell if I’ve achieved this besides how my posture develops? I once overheard someone at the gym say to his partner that you should be able to bench a similar amount to the weight you can row. Is this true?

The thing is, I’ve always had somewhat slouched shoulders - dating back to even before I began lifting, so I don’t know if I will ever be able to entirely correct that.

Is there an article on T-Nation about proportional strenthgs for different muscle groups? For example, quads shouldn’t be to strong without the hamstrings being of a certain strength.

I am I just thinking about this too much, or is this a real issue for weightlifters?

And I’m a real nut about my form, but is there a site that has archives of videos so I can check if I need to improve my form at all?

Thanks guys.

[quote]JGrex1 wrote:

I am I just thinking about this too much, or is this a real issue for weightlifters?
[/quote]

There are apparently some authors making this out to be a gigantic issue for beginners…and I couldn’t disagree more. If you are training everything and not ignoring body parts, short of some major neurological defect or injury, most lifters will be in balance.

If your posture sucks, work on your posture. Consciously make it a point to stand up straight and roll your shoulders back. Until you make it a habit, it will continue.

The problem with beginners is they want specifics for everything because they just can’t grasp that the human body is not in a constant state. It changes. There is no specific amount of weight your back should be able to row compared to what you can bench. There are too many variables and those are completely different muscle groups. However, if you are extremely strong in the bench press but little girls can row more than you can, expect to pull a muscle or be completely imbalanced developmentally.