Built My Own Prowler

Out of interest does anyone have the Williams Strength Products “Econo Prowler” they sell on Elite Fitness?

I’m interested to know how solid and sturdy it is and what kind of weights you guys use on it

Thanks

I just saw the ring on the front so you can drag it too. nice.

[quote]rsg wrote:
SeanT wrote:
oops! wrong picture, for the post above.

Hey, at least you didn’t upload you shemale pics by accident. :P[/quote]

Boy, that would of been embarrassing. But I’m sure somebody would of enjoyed the collection.

[quote]dheeel wrote:
Out of interest does anyone have the Williams Strength Products “Econo Prowler” they sell on Elite Fitness?

I’m interested to know how solid and sturdy it is and what kind of weights you guys use on it

Thanks[/quote]

I have tried it, kicks ass. Can’t really compare it to much due to the fact I haven’t tried the original prowler.

Pretty solid and sturdy, you pop the polls into two poll slots and add the weight to those. Think the gym has ivanko plates(the ones at this link: Fitness Equipment | Bizrate)

Awesome how did you make it though? Like did you just look at it and go hey i know how to do this? Or was their some sort of step by step plan you followed. I would like to try this but don’t have the creative ability to just look at something and remake it.

way cool… I want one.

it seems as though EliteFTS has stopped selling the econo version. Williams still has it.

South Carolina Barbell has an attachment to make a prowler out of a standard sled. Great idea if you already have a sled, but not much cheaper to buy a sled w/attachment vs econo prowler.

[quote]SeanT wrote:
rsg wrote:
SeanT wrote:
oops! wrong picture, for the post above.

Hey, at least you didn’t upload you shemale pics by accident. :stuck_out_tongue:

Boy, that would of been embarrassing. But I’m sure somebody would of enjoyed the collection.

dheeel wrote:

Thanks

I have tried it, kicks ass. Can’t really compare it to much due to the fact I haven’t tried the original prowler.

Pretty solid and sturdy, you pop the polls into two poll slots and add the weight to those. Think the gym has ivanko plates(the ones at this link: Fitness Equipment | Bizrate)

[/quote]

Great thanks for that. How much weight did you put on it?

The reason I ask is that I didnt think it looks all that sturdy as you have to bolt it together I’d be interested in the weights you and your fellow gym members have been using and whether it feels at any stage like its coming loose.

Heheheh, I was just using 1 plate on each poll and pushing from the two long vertical polls. (second time I was using the prowler). First time I tried it out, I put the plates on the handle bars(lol?, horizontal ones) and it was way easier, but don’t do it).

If you like, next time I use it, i will take some more pictures so you can replicate it a bit more i guess.

The vertical polls go in a 3-4 inch slot; I keep feeling like I’m going to pull them out, but when I look down, they are still a the bottom(I am probably just looking for an excuse to stop doing it).

My gym also has the 100lb plates, but haven’t seen anybody use them on the prowler, sure you could though.

The bolted parts I think are just bolted so it will ship easier. Try welding brackets to the two vertical polls to the back frame(its fucking hard to be descriptive online).

BTW, if you really like your concrete on your street, don’t use it, its like a sled, likes to tear it up ;-).

Thanks for the reply mate. If you can take the pictures that would be great - for some reason I just dont think it looks that it would hold up with say more than two 45s on of the long poles and whether pushing with max effort would cause the bolts to come loose.

I will be bracing the tall push polls. I’ll brace down to the bottom. Then I will weld polls at a 90 off of the tall push polls to hold the weights since they won’t be able to slide down the push polls because of the bracing.

I just took a picture and got with my buddy at work who is an awesome welder and went to town.

Updated pics after modification

the thing was flexing to much while being pushed.

more

last

That looks frigging awesome!

painted and ready to go

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
The pictures are too small, I have PM’ed you my address so you can UPS it to me so that I can have a closer look.[/quote]

Hahahah, nice try!

[quote]speedswing wrote:
painted and ready to go[/quote]

That looks great. I was wandering whether anyone had a picture of the Econo Prowler in action - I have seen the pic on elitefts just curious to see it in use.

Cheers

I have not seen the econo prowler in action.

I can’t imagine it being that sturdy.

I’m having mechanical drawings of mine made as we speak.

[quote]speedswing wrote:
I have not seen the econo prowler in action.

I can’t imagine it being that sturdy.

I’m having mechanical drawings of mine made as we speak.[/quote]

I own the econo prowler. I bought it when elitefts was selling them for 315 bucks, so I ordered it from Williams Strength directly for 250.

If you tighten everything down, the sled is sturdy. I throw it on concrete, grass, etc, load it up w/ plates, push it, pull it. I’ve had absolutely no issues with it. VERY SOLID.

Nice work on your home built prowler btw. Very creative. I wish I could have built mine.