Built My Own Prowler

Check it out

pic #2

pic #3

awesome dude… what it cost ya and what kind of time?

My son is a UT fan. It will need some bracing for the uprights. He was pushing a 200lb kid and the uprights were flexing.

I’ll brace the uprights and then off each side of the uprights I’ll build tubes to hang the plates on. Should work

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
awesome dude… what it cost ya and what kind of time?[/quote]

made it at work for free.

Sweet!

I want to purchase the Econo-prowler someday when I have space for it, but your homemade version looks pretty sweet (and more economical).

I copied it after the econo.

Looking at the pics of the econo and knowing how strong mine is.

I don’t think the econo would hold up.

any weight at all and you would bend/break the bolts at the main join

[quote]speedswing wrote:
I copied it after the econo.

Looking at the pics of the econo and knowing how strong mine is.

I don’t think the econo would hold up.

any weight at all and you would bend/break the bolts at the main join[/quote]

Yeah?

But I’m only 5’4" and 150lbs of pure beast!

Maybe the Econo-prowler would hold up for me! :wink:

I plan on getting a glute-ham bench from EliteFTS before I buy the prowler. In the meantime, sled drags are working well.

Looks awesome. Congrats.

I wish I knew what it was though.

[quote]Wordwreckin wrote:
Looks awesome. Congrats.

I wish I knew what it was though.[/quote]

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=305&pid=1006

The pictures are too small, I have PM’ed you my address so you can UPS it to me so that I can have a closer look.

Dude you left the wheels off!

Thats sweet!

Nate, you gonna carry that title with you everywhere now, aren’t you? :smiley:

[quote]rsg wrote:
Thats sweet!

Nate, you gonna carry that title with you everywhere now, aren’t you? :D[/quote]

Nate the beast Dogg!

Hell yeah!!!

good work. looks really professional. maybe you should start your own business :wink:

Good Job! The prowler will kick your ass. Anyway, I will offer some suggestions based off the econo prowler we have at the gym I go to train.

the numbers below correspond to the picture.

1. Reinforce these bars, you will be holding the weight there, and mostlikly pushing it that way.
    a. I really am no welding expert(I will be flamed saying that -.-), but you might want to put another bar running parallel horizontally to the back one, so it will reinforce it.
    b. If you are pushing from those two bars going vertical, then you may want to make them in a cylinder shape, so pushing it won’t feel so awkward on your hands.

2. Make sure you have space for two plates to go on to the parallel bars.

oops! wrong picture, for the post above.

[quote]SeanT wrote:
Good Job! The prowler will kick your ass. Anyway, I will offer some suggestions based off the econo prowler we have at the gym I go to train.

the numbers below correspond to the picture.

1. Reinforce these bars, you will be holding the weight there, and mostlikly pushing it that way.
    a. I really am no welding expert(I will be flamed saying that -.-), but you might want to put another bar running parallel horizontally to the back one, so it will reinforce it.
    b. If you are pushing from those two bars going vertical, then you may want to make them in a cylinder shape, so pushing it won’t feel so awkward on your hands.

2. Make sure you have space for two plates to go on to the parallel bars.[/quote]

[quote]SeanT wrote:
oops! wrong picture, for the post above.
[/quote]

Hey, at least you didn’t upload you shemale pics by accident. :stuck_out_tongue: