T Nation

Built Muscle, Lost Fat. Now What?

[quote]AmandaSC wrote:
SouthernGypsy wrote:
You say you’re eating clean, but do you throw in a free meal once a week or so? If you don’t, doing that may give you that extra boost you need, and will help you stay eating clean long term.

By the way, hon, you’re beautiful.

Thanks for the compliment. That made my night ; )
Yes I do have cheats. Usually a snack once or twice per week, like four cookies. This weekend it was a couple of margaritas.
[/quote]

Make a full meal out of your cheat. Have something you don’t normally eat in your diet, and eat a lot of it. And then have your four cookies : )

[quote]CthruPants wrote:

Make a full meal out of your cheat. Have something you don’t normally eat in your diet, and eat a lot of it. And then have your four cookies : )[/quote]

Why would that be helpful?

[quote]AmandaSC wrote:
CthruPants wrote:

Make a full meal out of your cheat. Have something you don’t normally eat in your diet, and eat a lot of it. And then have your four cookies : )

[/quote]

For one, because having only four cookies for a cheat is pretty weak if you ask me. I mean if you’re going to cheat you might as well make it worth it.

Kidding aside, it will upregulate your metabolism and the extra calories/nutrients can help boost your training performance.

[quote]CthruPants wrote:
AmandaSC wrote:
CthruPants wrote:

For one, because having only four cookies for a cheat is pretty weak if you ask me. I mean if you’re going to cheat you might as well make it worth it.

Kidding aside, it will upregulate your metabolism and the extra calories/nutrients can help boost your training performance. [/quote]

One cheat meal really does nothing for metabolism. But it can fill glycogen stores and enhance your next workout. Moreso when dieting though. When adding mass, you should probably already be giving your body what it needs.