T Nation

Built Like a Bad Ass or Wendler's 5/3/1?

built like a bad ass by Defranco or Wendler’s 5/3/1/

which seems to be the most beneficial?

i want to gain muscle, and strength with little fat as possible, or recomp a bit loosing some unneeded body fat and gaining strength and muscle?

any help deciding?

i have not lifted consistently for years so i don’t want to over do anything?

thanks

[quote]j2048b wrote:
i want to gain muscle, and strength with little fat as possible, or recomp a bit loosing some unneeded body fat and gaining strength and muscle?
[/quote]

Either program would work. I’ve not seen built like a Bad Ass but it is probably gives you an exact program. 5-3-1 will give you percentages to go from on the main lifts, but how you set up the rest of it is up to you. I’d go for the pre-programmed one if you don’t have any idea what you are doing in terms of assistance/additional hypertrophy work.

Your main focus, given that you do whatever program you pick with the proper intensity, should be setting up a diet conducive to your goals.

i haven’t tried either program but the built like a baddass program is an updated version of wsfsb yes?
i ran wsfsb while in a calrie deficiet and gained some strength aswel as losing bodyfat :slight_smile: i found most of the muscle gains were on traps, shoulder and legs. i hope this helps