T Nation

Built for Bad Circuits (Splits and Extra Work)

Question with a slight twist on exercises due to not having access to a trap or dead squat bar. Would it be smart to alternate the 1st exercise in the split to look like this: Sorry if I missed any of this if answered somewhere else. I tried searching through the forums before I asked these questions. New on here so still learning how to navigate around this site.

1. Regular Deadlift
  2. Bench Press (Or weighted dips if benches are taken on international chest day haha)
  3. High Pull
  4. Push Press
  5. Pulldown

1. Front Squat
  2. Bench Press
  3. High Pull
  4. Push Press
  5. Pulldown

Also I am assuming these reps are to be done with explosive failure NOT GRINDING reps. Basically percentages are based on your power/explosive output vs grinding up a rep with everything you have for “5-4-3-2-1” amount of reps…if that makes sense. Obviously you cannot hit your 100% PR daily so I am assuming you mean 100% weight for that particular day?

Also I know this is a “Blitz” type of training meant only for a short cycle of 4-6 weeks. With that being said, would it be wise to add any extra work for hypertrophy work at the end of some days (Rear delts, arms, calves, abs, etc?) with some moderate volume or just stick this out since the weight is demanding even though its not high volume?

Thanks you.