Built for Bad and Fatloss

Coach Thib,

I am attempting to drop some body fat and love the BFB program. It gives me a great workout and with the equipment I have, it works great. My question is, can I use the BFB to lose fat primarily? Is 5 days too many under lower calories? Or possibly 3-4 days a week for better recovery? I am nearly 40 with a somewhat sedentary job, so I need a little more to get the fat off.

Thank you in advance.

[quote]Kal-El wrote:
Coach Thib,

I am attempting to drop some body fat and love the BFB program. It gives me a great workout and with the equipment I have, it works great. My question is, can I use the BFB to lose fat primarily? Is 5 days too many under lower calories? Or possibly 3-4 days a week for better recovery? I am nearly 40 with a somewhat sedentary job, so I need a little more to get the fat off.

Thank you in advance.[/quote]

BfB is designed to gain muscle and strength not as a fat loss tool. It has to be done on a caloric surplus, not a deficit. You can use the same circuit/complex approach for fat loss but with higher reps and lower intensity. Something like:

2 circuits of 3 reps (with approx. 80%) then 2 circuits of 1 rep (with approx. 90%), then 2 circuits of 6 reps (with approx. 70%)

This is your training day.

I’d do it 3-4 times a week and once or twice I’d do sprint sessions or loaded carries.

1 Like

Thank you very much.