Built for Bad 1RM Question

Coach, I want to star Built for Bad this week but I’m a little confused on the rep max or % I should use.

I’m not exactly sure what my 1 rep maxes are since I usually only work up to a 3rep max on squats/DL’s. Upper body I have a better idea since I do go for a max on bench and militarys every so often. Either way I can get a fairly close estimate.

Does my 1RM have to be exact? Is it too detrimental if I estimate a bit wrong and during the circuit I’m stronger or weaker than I calculated? How do I adjust. Do I adjust during that circuit with more sets or wait till next day when doing the lifts again?

Hope my question isn’t too confusing. I basically want to know how to adjust when feeling stronger on certain days or lfts or what I do if I can’t get prescribed reps even if I did initially calculate my %'s correctly. Everyone has good days and bad days right. Thanks

[quote]as wrote:
Coach, I want to star Built for Bad this week but I’m a little confused on the rep max or % I should use.

I’m not exactly sure what my 1 rep maxes are since I usually only work up to a 3rep max on squats/DL’s. Upper body I have a better idea since I do go for a max on bench and militarys every so often. Either way I can get a fairly close estimate.

Does my 1RM have to be exact? Is it too detrimental if I estimate a bit wrong and during the circuit I’m stronger or weaker than I calculated? How do I adjust. Do I adjust during that circuit with more sets or wait till next day when doing the lifts again?

Hope my question isn’t too confusing. I basically want to know how to adjust when feeling stronger on certain days or lfts or what I do if I can’t get prescribed reps even if I did initially calculate my %'s correctly. Everyone has good days and bad days right. Thanks[/quote]

Because of the high frequency it’s actually better to start with a “more conservative” 1RM number… so using your 3RM as your 1RM is actually something that could make the progress more successful for most.

Ok thanks