Built A Home Gym

Here is the one man monolift in action.

Also added more pics of the weight stands on page 1.

[quote]axisT6 wrote:
Here is the one man monolift in action.

Sweet. I was wondering how that was going to work. At most, one step forward to get it back on the hooks. Well done, Sir.

Minor update. This home gym has been awesome. I called up Wright Equipment and ordered a 32mm power bar with center knurl for squats and pressing as I have been wanting a thicker bar for squats and presses. I use the Wright cross fit bar for my deads and love it. These are US made bars with snapring retained collars.

I also ordered some 24" long standard dumbbell handles from shermworks. Used on this morning for some DB rows. Very nice pieces for the price.

I love the monolift. Great work.

This is some pretty good work both fabrication and design.

Just realize that with those handles plus the wagon wheels, youre looking at more of a rack pull than a deadlift
unless you setup a deficit to offset the added height.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
I love the monolift. Great work.[/quote]

Thank you Sir.

[quote]carbiduis wrote:
This is some pretty good work both fabrication and design.

Just realize that with those handles plus the wagon wheels, youre looking at more of a rack pull than a deadlift
unless you setup a deficit to offset the added height.[/quote]

Thanks. I finished a small platform last night to make up for the height added by the large plates and handles. This one is different than the one shown as it is smaller and made of ply wood. Total height needed to be 4.5".

I recently irritated a lower disk, and decided to build a belt squat machine in order to not lose strength in my legs while my back heals.

Here is the base.

I didn’t get pics of the lever arm, however it is basic. Here is the machine loosely assembled.

With the lift point being positioned between the fulcrum and the weight, I don’t have to load as many plates. In fact, depending on where I set the lift point, the total resistance can be upwards of 1.5x the amount loaded.