T Nation

Building the Ultimate MMA Athlete

Has anybody read “Building the Ultimate MMA Athlete” by Diesel Crew? Is it good?
You can find it here: www.dieselcrew.com/MMA.HTM

Thanks

Wow. I had my CC out and everything, ready to order it…until I saw the price. $97???

[quote]Ni6tO_ wrote:
Has anybody read “Building the Ultimate MMA Athlete” by Diesel Crew? Is it good?
You can find it here: www.dieselcrew.com/MMA.HTMThanks[/quote]

It would be nice if some ACTUAL FIGHTERS had endorsed the book.

MMA is a growing business. Lots of people think they are MMA fighters. So guys are racing to publish books/articles to make a name for themselves and cash in on the sport.

I’ve read tons of material and the only person I’ve seen who has a deep understanding of these issues is Cosgrove. Of course, he endorsed the book, but that doesn’t really mean anything to me. All these guys cross-market each other’s products, so such endorsements are meaningless to me.

[quote]teencraft wrote:
Wow. I had my CC out and everything, ready to order it…until I saw the price. $97??? [/quote]

For the amount you get, it sounds reasonable.

To OP: I’ve never read the manual, but they’ve put out some great articles, and they have many good videos on there site, so it’s probably a good product.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Ni6tO_ wrote:
You can find it here: www.dieselcrew.com/MMA.HTMThanks

MMA is a growing business. Lots of people think they are MMA fighters. So guys are racing to publish books/articles to make a name for themselves and cash in on the sport.

I’ve read tons of material and the only person I’ve seen who has a deep understanding of these issues is Cosgrove. Of course, he endorsed the book, but that doesn’t really mean anything to me. All these guys cross-market each other’s products, so such endorsements are meaningless to me.[/quote]

I like AC a lot, but the only author who actually consistently works with high caliber mma athletes and is relatively known, or should be known to T-Nation readers, is Martin Rooney.

That’s not to say that AC doesn’t work with martial artists or low level mmaers, but I’ve never heard of him actually working with any pros.

MMA is an incredibly small community. You could have access to just about any athlete or even roll/spar with them if you live in a relatively large city.

That’s what is great about this sport is that it’s easy to see if coaches’ training methods are actually used by the pros or if they are blowing smoke up your ass.

Thanks, guys!

i’d buy either training for warriors book or dvd (i have the book, not the dvd) by the aformentioned martin rooney

The book is good. and less than 97. so’s the dvd for that matter

[quote]squattin600 wrote:
i’d buy either training for warriors book or dvd (i have the book, not the dvd) by the aformentioned martin rooney

The book is good. and less than 97. so’s the dvd for that matter[/quote]

I have the book “Training for Warriors” by Martin Rooney. It is very useful.

Thanks

[quote]TreadStone wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Ni6tO_ wrote:
You can find it here: www.dieselcrew.com/MMA.HTMThanks

I’ve read tons of material and the only person I’ve seen who has a deep understanding of these issues is Cosgrove. Of course, he endorsed the book, but that doesn’t really mean anything to me. All these guys cross-market each other’s products, so such endorsements are meaningless to me.

I like AC a lot, but the only author who actually consistently works with high caliber mma athletes and is relatively known, or should be known to T-Nation readers, is Martin Rooney.

That’s not to say that AC doesn’t work with martial artists or low level mmaers, but I’ve never heard of him actually working with any pros.

MMA is an incredibly small community. You could have access to just about any athlete or even roll/spar with them if you live in a relatively large city.

That’s what is great about this sport is that it’s easy to see if coaches’ training methods are actually used by the pros or if they are blowing smoke up your ass.
[/quote]

Second to that. I bought the “training for warriors” book first then the DVD, which captures training of various fighters using the training methods presribed in the book to train towards their fight or competition.

Geekboy