World Breaker Brett: Having fun

Thanks man. My wrist shouldn’t give me any headaches so long as I don’t jump off a roof for $200 again

2 Likes

That overhead press is awesome!

Thanks brother, I was Sooooo close to hitting 185lbs. My dumb mind does dumb bets though lol

1 Like

I’m going to be doing my training logs in two day chunks.
9/18/17 Squats & Event conditioning

Giant Set
A.1 Kettle-bell Swings x8,6,4,3,3
A.2 Back Squat 8 x175lbs, 6 x200lbs 4 x235lbs 2x3x 235lbs
A.3 Airdyne Bike Sprints x10 Seconds

Supposed to do tire flips but it was raining so I improvised
Leg Press + Seated hamstring Curls Super-set 15,12,10,20 Reps

Farmers Walks + Prowler Medley x6 Rounds
Farmers @105lbs Per Hand x100ft
Prowler @245lbs x100ft
Rest 60 Sec

Reverse Hyper 4x25
Band Crunches 4x25
Pallof Press 4x25

9/19/17
Bench Press & Accessory Work
Giant Set
A.1 Pendlay Rows (Same Weight & Reps as Bench)
A.2 Paused Bench Press 95lbs x8 – 115lbs x6 – 140lbs x2x3
A.3 Battle Ropes x30sec

Giant Set 2
A.1 Swiss Bar Underhand Rows (Same Weight & Reps as Bench)
A.2 Log Incline Press 105lbs x8, 115lbs x6, 125lbs x4
A.3 Sledge Hammer Swings x30sec

Accesory
Cable Rear/Lateral Raises
Drop Set 15 - 25Reps

Incline Cable French Press
Rest Pause set x20 Reps @80lbs

Quick Arm Burnout Circuit x3 Rounds
Preacher Curls x8
Rope Push-downs x8
Ab Wheel Roll-outs x8

Re-cap Squat Day.
My nutrition has been amazingly on point, timing my carbs and other such complicated things. Squats that day moved fairly slow. My body was doing fine with the Weight but it wasn’t doing good with the amount of volume. I had to re-rack my bar on my last set of 3 with 255lbs and grind out the last rep.
Assistance felt good and all, the leg press & Hamstring Curl SS was a real burner. Relatively low rest made the legs burn. And conditioning started out pretty good, it was going easy peasy lemon squeezy, then by the 3rd round things got difficult difficult lemon difficult. Got in my random ab work and reverse hypers to Make my posterior chain great again.

Re-cap Bench Press & Accessory Day
Nutrition still on point, swim is not interfering, and sleep is back in good shape. Down 3.5lbs since sunday weigh in. Pressing moved super amazing. Bench Press has always been terrible for me, but I want a monster overhead press again so I’m starting it up again. Incline Log Press is an amazing movement, I feel it a lot more in my upper chest than with the regular bar and it doesn’t make my shoulders work a whole lot. Thanks for checking in, see y’all Friday

1 Like

9/21/17 Deadlift day
Giant set
A1. Kettlebell Swing 8,6,3,3
A2. Deadlift 205lbs x8, 255lbs x6, 285lbs x2x3
A3. Sled Sprints x200ft W/90lbs

Rubish Deadlifts

Calf Press 4x20

Conditioning x3 Rounds
Farmers walk x100ft @155lbs per hand
Keg Carry x100ft @175lbs

9/23/17
Overhead press & Close Grip Bench
A1. Pull-ups 10,8,6,6,6
A2. Axle Clean & Press away 95lbs x10, 115lbs x8, 135lbs x3x6
A3. Sandbag Over Shoulder x2 @145lbs

A1. Chest Supported Rows (Same as bench)
A2. Close Grip Bench 95lbs x8, 115lbs x6, 135lbs x4

Rear/Lateral Raises
Drop set x20reps

A1. Single-arm Preacher Curls 3x5
A2. Single-arm Tricep Push-downs 3x5
A3. Leg Raises 3x15

Re-cap: Deadlifts.
Allergies and sinuses killing me this day, felt dead while doing deadlifts I guess. It was a bleh day. The lifts at 285lbs to a crap ton of mental toughness and it was just terrible. Everything except assistance work moved terribly slow.

Re-cap: OHP & CGP
Great day today, sinuses still kinda clogged. Everything moved well and I got most reps done in a push-press. Last few I had to use split jerk or power jerk, but aside from that it all felt great. Close grip was kinda tough on the last set of 4 but I got it locked out (Slowly). I would have done some event training this day but sadly I ran out of time. I threw in some sandbag over shoulder and that kicked my but pretty hard, with the last few sets especially. Single arm preacher curls are also a Kick A%$ bicep exercise. I tried them today and I could actually feel my bicep.

3 Likes

Okay, I’m going to start following more of you younger athletes’ logs for motivation, already watching Duke’s. It’s fun seeing someone on the other end of the age scale with nowhere to go but up! I wish I’d known at 15 what I know now. You’re really getting into this at the best possible time.

Also a fellow Texan here, although I’m relocated to Kansas. I will reiterate what others have said, get in and compete ASAP, don’t wait until you think you’re strong enough. I’ll be doing my 1st strongman comp in November, at age 52, and I will probably get my butt kicked, but I am so looking forward to it.

Rock on brother man. I’m doing my first comp in January and will probably get my butt kicked too. Best of luck to you

So far only got to train twice this week.
9/25/17
Giant Set 1
A1. Seated Box Jumps to 38inches 5x5
A2. Clean High Pulls 5x5 @135lbs
A3. Ab Wheel Roll-outs 5x5

SSB Box Squats
175lbs x8, 205lbs x6, 235lbs x2x3

GHD 3x6

Conditioning
EMOM x15min
Alternating Exercises every round
High Prowler x150ft
Low Prowler x150ft
Prowler Row x150ft

9/28/17
Log Press
105lbs x8, 115lbs x6, 125lbs x2x3

Low Cable Rows
90lbs x15, 110lbs x12, 130lbs x10, 150lbs x8

Lat Pull-down 3x15 @105lbs

Conditioning
15min Amrap
6 DB Clean & Presses Per Arm @45lbs
6 Sandbag Loads to 54in @140lbs
I Managed 4 Rounds and it sucked

Re-cap of Monday 9/25/17
Felt Pretty good. Down to 177lbs from 181lbs. Feeling much more athletic as I’m dropping weight and adding regular conditioning and Jumping/OLY Lifts. My abs are also getting crushed by the loads of Abdominal training. Swim has not affected lifting or been affected by lift, really it seems to go well together. Also why do box squats always feel easier than regular squats. I always stop at the bottom and the box is low. Why are they so much easier than regular squatting??

Re-cap of Thursday 9/28/17
Didn’t have a lot of time today so I did some log pressing and forgot how it takes way more brute strength than an axle or barbell which you can do better Jerks or Push Press with. I’m going to lighten up my log training and go ahead and get a stable Push-press base for it. I watch people like Big-Z and he is stable as can be when log pressing. So I’m going to try to find my groove in that. Conditioning today was especially hard. It has been my first time touching sandbags and they SUCK, but in a good way. On one of my loads to the 54in platform I sat there practically dry humping the sandbag to try to get it up. (I only have a foot on the platform :rofl:) Training this week has gone pretty well, diet has been kinda iffy with family member’s birthday parties… Cough Cough Ice Cream Cakes.

2 Likes

Im so close to crying.

16 years old, 18 months training, 205 squat, 145 bench and 260 DL

Why am I like this :cry:

Just keep training hard man. Eat right, eat a lot. To be fair I have an entire gym of strongmen and powerlifters and bodybuilders that are all willing to help and I learned most everything I know from them. Keep chugging along and kicking A$#.

Lol if @strongmanbrett upsets you look at @yargeeboy with his recent 370ib squat pr at 15 . @j4gga2 keep it up man and dont worry youl get there in time. @strongmanbrett is currently stronger then me too.

As another teenager, i think the 5 of us should have some sort of race. My current lifts are, 270 squat, 330 dl, 200 bench, and 130 ohp. My goals are 300, 375, 225 and 150 by my 16th birthday in late january. @yargeeboy, @duketheslaya, @strongmanbrett, @j4gga2

1 Like

Well im gonna lose. First to 300/400/500 numbers?

1 Like

3/4/5 is a looooong way off for me. Ill let you guys decide what the numbers and lifts should be. Just no ohp, because Brett is miles ahead of the rest of us.( :

i’m down for it just set up the goals. i’m at this right now

Squat-370+
Deadlift-335-370 I don’t deadlift I just do rack pulls and RDL
Bench-235-255 put bench on the side for a while and switched to close grip only
OHP-135

We’re pretty close on ohp and dead. Since you don’t like to dead, and you out squat me by 100, how about a race to 275 bench and 165 ohp?

sounds cool

Im in.

How long can adding 140 pounds possibly take?

Cool, I’m down. I plan on squatting 405lbs, Deadlifting 350lbs, Benching & Overhead Pressing 205-225lbs by the end of my school year. What numbers are we shooting for and when is Deadline?

I dont squat or deadlift atm. I did bench however im running a six week cycle of behind the neck press to replace bench and see how that drives my oho numbers up.
I do romanian deads though so i will participate in the deadlift too just not squat.

Yeah il participate in ohp, bench, and deadlifts.