Building Size and Bench Strength?

I just finished school and no longer have to workout at my crappy school gym for the summer. My goal is to put on good mass while increasing my strength. By strength I mainly mean bench. I am going to start lifting lower body after a 2 year layoff due to injury so I am not worried about lower body strength. Mostly just bench strength. I can currently get 275 for 4 and I am looking to increase that to a solid 8-10.

So to sum this all up, any suggestions on programs or splits I can do to build mass and increase my bench?

[quote]yashar624 wrote:
I just finished school and no longer have to workout at my crappy school gym for the summer. My goal is to put on good mass while increasing my strength. By strength I mainly mean bench. I am going to start lifting lower body after a 2 year layoff due to injury so I am not worried about lower body strength. Mostly just bench strength. I can currently get 275 for 4 and I am looking to increase that to a solid 8-10.

So to sum this all up, any suggestions on programs or splits I can do to build mass and increase my bench?[/quote]
I thought there was an article here about weightlifting a while back. Let me check

Matt Kroc program…

[quote]yashar624 wrote:
So to sum this all up, any suggestions on programs or splits I can do to build mass and increase my bench?[/quote]

There are a ton of programs out there to choose from. The “program/split” is definitely part of the equation but if you aren’t getting enough fuel (the right foods) and rest then you won’t progress and reach your goals.

What does your current training and nutrition setup look like? How big are you?

Right now I’m 6 foot and weigh about 195-200. I’m also 20 years old if that matters. Since I’m home for the summer I plan on eating a lot and my training will be more consistent since I don’t have to worry about test and school work and what not, plus I have access to a much better gym.

My split during the last few weeks of the school year was:

Sunday: Chest and tri’s (only tri movements)
Monday: Back and bi’s (only 2 tri movements)
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: Speed bench and shoulders
Thursday: Arms

I usually don’t dedicate a day to arms but I felt that they were falling behind so I decided to hit them twice a week for the last few weeks of the school year. As you can see I had no leg day which I plan on implementing now.

Well if your looking to get your bench up a lot of it has to do with form. You want to make sure you keep your shoulder down, pinch your scapula together, chest up and bring the bar right below your chest. Also make sure to train your rotator cuff all your press movement well go up and, make sure to do them at the end of your chest day. Here are a few video of someone using good form on bench. Here my boy Eric repping 600 for 6. He showed everything I know about benching.

Your boy is strong as shit. But I know the proper technique for bench. Pull the shoulder blades back, chest up, arched back, pull the bar apart, leg drive. I feel like once I start hitting my legs again, mainly with squats and deads, everything will start to improve.

That bench press is insane!!!

Strengthen triceps.

Periodization program, example Coan Bench routine.

Bands/Chains/Boards/Pin Press, all useful accessory moves.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:

[quote]yashar624 wrote:

I thought there was an article here about weightlifting a while back. Let me check[/quote]

are you sure you’re not english?

CG bench

See: Metal Militia, Westside Barbell, Texas Method, Sheiko, Bill Starr, Ed Coan. Try them out. See what suits you.

Also see 5/3/1.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
CG bench[/quote]