Building Muscle on the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet?

Is building a decent amount of muscle possible with the cyclical ketogenic diet? I was thinking of doing T-bol for 6 weeks and wondering if anyone has tried doing the CKD whilst trying to build muscle with or without steroids and what results they’ve gotten?

I’ve used the anabolic diet before with 5 days low carb (no more than 30 grams of net carbs a day) around 3500-4500 kcals a day on average and then 2 days of carb loading (1000 grams on day 1 and 500 grams on day 2) to go from around 215 lbs to 265 lbs in a year. This was without any drugs of any kind. To put it into perspective I would normally have to be below 200 lbs to have visible abs but after cutting down after my yearlong “bulk” i had a 4 pack around 220 lbs. This was not an easy feat mind you nor was it really fun after awhile.

2 Likes

Great reply, thank you :+1:

Have you done a bulking phase with a standard bodybuilding diet and if so what were your results compared to the anabolic diet?

Did you have any issues or any tips for building muscle on this diet?

I have done a more typical bulk before with very little muscle gain but lots of fat gained. Something to keep in mind is that once you are adapted to the diet you can train however you want to. You can even do any type of cardio you’d like as well. You won’t be impaired after adaptation. In regards to what type of training to utilize I can only tell you what I did. My split was normally:
Day 1: hams, calves, abs
Day 2: back, traps
Day 3: chest
Day 4: quads, calves, abs
Day 5: shoulders, arms

I would take 2 days a week off wherever needed and I would push a weighted sled once or twice a week. In regards to what I actually did for my resistance training I would perform 3 to 5 exercises per muscle group. On the first exercise I would work up to the heaviest weight I could do for 5, 10, 15 or 20 reps and sometimes just go to failure. All other exercises would be done for 5 sets of 10 reps. I do very well on high volume. I would change the exercises every workout and I normally had a training partner as well. The most important thing was that I would work up to what my body would let me do each and every day regardless of what I may have done the last time I performed that exercise. Hope this helps.

Awesome response, thanks mate, You have definitely helped making my mind up to try this diet as a more permanent change.

Has anyone else here tried this diet for muscle gain, with or without steroids?