T Nation

Building for a Better Tomorrow

First session for a week due to work and life in general getting in the way.
EMOM circuits, 5 rounds of
Step ups (twice the height of previous) 5 each leg x24kg
Bench 5x60kg
Upright row 4x35kg
KB Press/ negative lateral 5x7.5kg
Chin up 5, 5, 4, 3, 3x7.5kg

Really hard work, upping the reps on this makes a real difference to recovery between exercises.

1 Like

Lateral raise 3x10kg
Band pull apart 6x28lbs
1 arm band curl 6x32lbs
Pushdown 6x64lbs
For some reason I don’t like this session much, possibly because I’ve tended to train full body for the last few years so this doesn’t feel like a proper workout. May go back to three full body sessions, the idea with this was to allow recovery between the two main sessions while still doing something. Plus I’d like to actually have arms that look like I lift :grinning:

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Trap bar deadlift 10x60kg
Pull up 4,4,2,2,2 x bodyweight
Dip 4x15kg
Inverted row 6xbodyweight

This is the hardest circuit I’ve done so far, haven’t been out of breath like this since I did Super Squats back in the 90’s.

2 Likes

Split squats 6x32kg
Bench 3x62.5kg
Upright row 3x37.5kg
Db press/ negative lateral 3x8kg
Chin up 3x12kg

Trying to find a leg exercise that works the legs without causing back pain, due to the nerve damage I have the weight is easy on the right leg and much harder on the left leg (I also have a tendency to go sideways when deadlifting because of the strength difference). May add a band to this next time to see if that makes it more effective without putting more stress on the lower back.
Was too conservative with the added weight on the bench but can add reps next time.

2 Likes

Bradford press 6,6,2,2,2x24kg
Band pull apart 10x28lbs
Kettlebell curl 8x12kg
Kettlebell triceps extension 10x12kg

This felt better than the last arms and shoulders session, worked harder and got in to it better.

2 Likes

Trap bar deadlift 10x60kg
Pull up 3xbodyweight
Dip 5x15kg
Inverted row 6xbodyweight

Got through this much better than last week, decent session.

3 Likes

Split squats 5x48kg
Bench 4x62.5kg
Upright row 4x37.5kg
Db press/ negative lateral 4x8kg
Chin up 4,4,3,3,3 x12kg

Didn’t eat enough prior to this and was shaking after the first circuit, did eat straight after though and really needed it.

2 Likes

I almost never eat before I lift. Like feelin empty rather than full. Must say though this time of year the least of my problems is not eating enough. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve made up for it today :grinning:

1 Like

Pull up 4,4,4,4,2xbodyweight
Dips 6,6,6,6,2x15kg
Kb curl 8,8,8,8,5x12kg
Band pull apart 6,6,6,6,6x32lbs

Lower back playing up again so no leg work today. Had a weighted vest for Christmas, overdid things with it yesterday and know about it today. Decided to try it on to see how it felt, then find out if I could do a chin up wearing it, then a dip, then can I get a waterproof coat on over it. Once I’d done that I decided I might as well go a walk, got overenthusiastic and things went downhill.

Tonights session was good despite that although the last round was disappointing

3 Likes

EMOM circuits 6 rounds of
Chin up 6,6,5,4,3,3 x bodyweight
Pullover 10,10,10,10,10,10x24kg
Band pull apart 10,10,8,6,6,6x32lbs

Back was burning at the end of this. Wanted to keep all stress off my lower back due to it still being an issue.

Bodyweight now 76.8kg bodyfat according to the handheld device 15.2% (think it’s higher than that)

Happy New Year to all, hope 2022 is better for everyone.

2 Likes

EMOM circuits 6 rounds of
Narrow grip bench 4,3,3,2,1,1x50kg
Lateral raise 8,8,8,8,6,6x7.5kg
Halo’s 8x16kg

This was a lousy session but better than nothing, maybe.
I’ll have a rethink and may move away from circuits for a while.

3 Likes

Incline bench 5,6x55kg
Chin up 5,5x5kg
Split squat 8,8x48kg

Incline went better than expected, chin up not as good, all in all an okay session.

3 Likes

After warm up sets
Bench 5,5x65kg
Pull ups 5,6 x bodyweight
Hip belt squats 20,30x125lbs

Will keep at the same weights for upper body until I get 2x8 and then increase. Aiming for sets of 50 on the hip belt squats.

3 Likes

After warm up sets
Incline bench 6,6x55kg
Chin up 5,6x5kg
Hip belt squats 50x125lbs

Shaking like a leaf at the end of the squats, couldn’t wait to put the weight down.

3 Likes

50 is a lot. Good going.

1 Like

Thanks, it’s the most reps of anything I’ve done outside of martial arts.

1 Like

After warm up sets
Bench 5,6x65kg
Pull ups 6,6 x bodyweight
Hip belt squats 50x130lbs

Happy with how this went, now just need to eat.

2 Likes

Warm up then
Incline bench 6x55kg
Pull up 6xbodyweight
Chin up 3x5kg
Negative lateral 6x12kg
Dip 5x11kg
Hip belt squat 50x135lbs

Sort of heading back to the dark side (HIT) with this, went to failure on everything except the squats which left me feeling like the room was spinning. Very little rest between exercises, about a minute max and less between most things which made a big difference from the 3 minutes I had been taking recently.

3 Likes