Building for a Better Tomorrow

It certainly helps with the motivation.

Had knee and back problems following the last ruck so missing it until they are 100% again.

Warm ups then PITT Force
Chin up 20x1 5kg
Dips 20x1 11kg

Chins are getting a lot harder, the weight increases on dips don’t feel as heavy although it’s the same amount.

4 Likes

Back at the gym again.
Warm up then
PITT Force seated row 20x1 65kg
Pitt force chest press 9x1 53kg 11x1 42.5kg
Leg press 13,6,0 x132.5kg 1 leg negative 1x132.5kg as slow as possible
Leg Curl 5x50kg

Couldn’t get my right arm to lock out on the 10th rep on the chest press so had to reduce weight, will stick with 53kg until I can get the full 20 reps.

4 Likes

Workout at home, bodyweight 74.9kg
Warm ups then PITT Force
Chin up 20x1 6kg
Dips 20x1 12kg

Chins were tough, dips weren’t quite so bad. Felt more energetic this week.

3 Likes

11.11.21 06:40 20 min ruck 11kg

Today, at the gym again.
Warm up then
Pitt Force seated row 20x1 68kg
Leg press 20, 6, 2 x 132.5kg 20 seconds between groups of reps
Leg curl 6x53kg
PITT Force chest press 15x1 53kg 5x1 42.5kg

Slowly getting close to 20 reps on the chest press, leg work done out of sequence rather than stand around waiting for the chest press to become available.

3 Likes

Finally went and took a look at some of the PITT force vids on Youtube. Seems to be very popular in Germany as the first 3 vids I watch were in German which I fortunately speak. Looked like some nice equipment.

1 Like

It does originate from Germany, I did German in school but can’t remember any of it other than useful phrases like “We are making masks”, so totally useless to me really. There is a web page in English at the link below though https://emerging-athlete.com/pitt-force-training/

1 Like

:rofl:
Could be useful in these COVID days.

1 Like

Hadn’t thought of that :smiley:

At home.
Warm up then PITT Force
Chin up 20x1 7kg
Dips 20x1 13kg

Decent session, felt shattered before and after.

4 Likes

Today, at the gym again.
Warm up then
Pitt Force seated row 20x1 72.5kg
Leg curl 6x53kg
PITT Force chest press 20x1 53kg
Leg press 20, 10, 2 x 132.5kg 20 seconds between groups of reps

Leg work again out of sequence rather than hang around waiting for the chest press and leg press to become available. Only got about 4 hours sleep last night so wasn’t expecting things to go as well as they did.

4 Likes

Been looking at Pitt force, since coming across it in your log. Thinking of giving it a go, from what I have ascertained, you pick a Wight you could do 10 continuous reps with, but do 20, taking longer rests between reps as the set progresses, keeping a high rep quality?

1 Like

That’s exactly it, you also have 4 minutes to do the 20 reps on exercises except for the harder ones which have 6 minutes (squats and deadlifts).

1 Like

At home.
Warm up then PITT Force
Chin up 20x1 8kg
Dips 20x1 14kg

Hard session and pleased to get all of the reps.

3 Likes

Car got stuck in the snow coming home from town this morning and then decided to go sideways towards a police car that was coming towards me. Got it back on track without a disaster but decided I’d used my luck for the day so trained at home this afternoon.

EMOM circuit 8 rounds of
Trap bar deadlift 10x50kg
Chin up 3x7.5kg
Dip 3x15kg
Lateral raise 3x5kg

Been wanting to try EMOM circuits for a while, very out of breath on the last couple of rounds although needed more weight on everything and lateral raises need to be replaced possibly with upright rows to make it more difficult.

4 Likes

EMOM circuit again, 5 rounds of
Step ups 3 each leg x48kg
Bench 5x55kg
Upright row 5x27kg
Kettlebell Pres 5x16kg
Close grip chin up 4x12kg

Really underestimated the weight on upright row and slightly overestimated on chins. The second round felt easier than the first and then it got worse as it went along.

2 Likes

EMOM circuit, 6 rounds of
Lateral raise 6x7.5kg
Band pull apart 6x10kg
Cable hammer curl 6x22kg
Pushdown 6x22kg

Somehow just didn’t get into this at all, think I prefer to stick to compound movements or a mix of compounds and one or two isolation moves.

3 Likes

EMOM circuit, 5 rounds of
Step ups 4 each leg x48kg
Bench 4x60kg
Upright row 4x35kg
Kettlebell press 5x16kg
Chin up 4x7.5kg

This session was a lot harder, more out of breath and fighting to get the reps after the second round.

3 Likes

How high are the step ups? 48kg and stepping up is a good weight.

Not very high to be honest. I’m using the stairs and the first step at the moment and aiming to use two steps as I get more used to them. Nowhere near the height of a bench.

1 Like