Building Chest Size

Hi, I’m 15 and I have been lifting for football for about 8 months. I started off maxing out on bench at 105 before football season. Now I max at 165, but my chest has not really grown at all. Seems I just get stronger with no mass building. Am I doing something wrong?

My workout was:
115 lbs. - Flat bench - 3 sets of Failure
115 lbs. - Incline bench - 3 sets of failure
3 sets of Failure for pushups.

[quote]Gbooth wrote:
Am I doing something wrong?[/quote]

Yes, probably too much failure and too little food.

You’re most likely using your delts and tris too much.

Widen your grip or do some flies. Focus on pushing “in” with your hands when you bench.

[quote]Brendan Ryan wrote:

Widen your grip or do some flies. Focus on pushing “in” with your hands when you bench.[/quote]

Ok, thanks I’ll try that.

Also time bro 8 months is nothing get stronger keep working hard it will come

Phill

[quote]Gbooth wrote:
Brendan Ryan wrote:

Widen your grip or do some flies. Focus on pushing “in” with your hands when you bench.

Ok, thanks I’ll try that.

[/quote]

The first place you look is diet, not specifically what exercise you were doing. If you aren’t gaining any weight at all, don’t expect much of a size increase.

Do you of a good diet that would help me out?

i don’t have a specific diet for you, but i have one thing for you to check for in your current diet. How much protien are you taking in a day? If it isn’t .9-1.2 grams protien/lb of your weight you won’t gain muscle nearly as fast.

also, try doing cable flies or if you don’t have cables, any type of flies and make sure you sqeeze your pecs as hard as you can when at the peak of the movement. i do bench but cable flies always leave my pecs feeling like they are going to fall off, something i rarely get from regular bench

You can actually get closer to 1.5 grams protein/lb without any issues. Mainly you just need to eat more.