Building Bigger Muscles

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Der Candy wrote:
Wow I am completely the opposite. I need to watch what i put into my hatch if i dont want to turn into a tub of lard. Not saying I dont eat a lot, and I know when i get heavier I will need to stuff myself, but I am wondering whether my slow metabolism is an advantage or a curse?

It can be an advantage since you don’t have to stuff yourself as much as others with a fast metabolism… Besides, your metabolism isn’t fixed when it comes to it’s “speed”…

Can’t you do some sort of cardio and cutoff-time protocol or whatever to keep bf at bay while stuffing yourself or is there something preventing you from doing that?

Good post. A slower metabolism would mean I could buy less food. This shit gets expensive. I am not sure why people always complain about whatever hand they’ve been dealt. There are upsides and downsides to everyone’s physical state.

I just bought 200 bucks worth of steaks that probably won’t last me until next Friday. Yeah, you guys who don’t have to eat much sure do have it fucking hard.[/quote]

What he said ^^

Major reason, why i had to give up gaining lots of exams … less work cant AFFORD my food bill !

Ya slow metabalism REALLY i feel for ye !

[quote]Dave Rogerson wrote:
I think some really good points have been made here and it kinda opens up another debate.

Have we gotten too scientific?

What I mean is, and I think another post introduced this idea too, is that we get people here with less than a handful of years training and eating behind them, and because thet may have read it somewhere, assume that they are insulin resistant, leptin resistant and goodness knows what else, and need this elaborate diet with x amount of nutrients at x time with x supplements (you get the idea).

Know dont get me wrong, I love the science, I love the details, specifics and the hows and whys, but truly, building a better body is actaully a pretty simple thing to do.

Is it a case of analysis by paralysis? Is it a case of looking for the magic bullet? Or the ‘secret formula’ that comes along next.

Or in fact, is there too many opinions? Or too much information?
[/quote]

I think it’s just that being a follower is easier than being your own leader, it removes personal responsibility.

Most of the questions in the Bodybuilding forum could be answered with “Try it and see”.

Using the “Working Chest and Back on the same day” thread for example, the only logical answer is to “Try it and see”. I don’t really understand why someone would ask other people if it would work instead of just trying it for themselves, the thought wouldn’t even enter my mind.

Everything that I know works or doesn’t work for me I know because I tried it, I would guess the same goes for everybody.

[quote]Dave Rogerson wrote:

Have we gotten too scientific?

[/quote]

Yes absolutely - people have been getting inhumanely strong and building slabs of muscle for decades using the SAME lifts and eating large quantities of whole foods.

[quote]Omca wrote:
It’s Simple but its not easy.
most people, even if you told them how to train and what to eat would probably ignore the advice.
1.Train Hard (get stronger)
2. Eat enough to grow
3. When you stop making progress, change your routine so you can continue to get stronger.

Is there really anything else?[/quote]

I’m nitpicking now, of course, but I’d say change only one part of your routine (exercise, rep range, whatever… Or just eat more, esp if you’re a beginner or intermediate… As long as they don’t have a completely idiotic program then it’s usually their diet…)… Not everything will be “wrong”.

Maybe that’s what you meant though, so sorry in that case.

Exactly,

And at least you know the hand that you have been dealt too. The easy answer to a slower metabolism is as exactly as Cephalic_Carnage and Professor X state, simple move more and look to eat more foods with a higher thermic effect, namely proteins.

So, train with huge intensity! Hard, hard exercise raises metabolism. Eat foods that also raise metabolism, and most importantly, GROW MORE MUSCLE. The more muscle mass you have the more Kcalories you expend, and when you come to lose bodyfat, the easier it is!

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Der Candy wrote:
Wow I am completely the opposite. I need to watch what i put into my hatch if i dont want to turn into a tub of lard. Not saying I dont eat a lot, and I know when i get heavier I will need to stuff myself, but I am wondering whether my slow metabolism is an advantage or a curse?

It can be an advantage since you don’t have to stuff yourself as much as others with a fast metabolism… Besides, your metabolism isn’t fixed when it comes to it’s “speed”…

Can’t you do some sort of cardio and cutoff-time protocol or whatever to keep bf at bay while stuffing yourself or is there something preventing you from doing that?
[/quote]

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Omca wrote:
It’s Simple but its not easy.
most people, even if you told them how to train and what to eat would probably ignore the advice.
1.Train Hard (get stronger)
2. Eat enough to grow
3. When you stop making progress, change your routine so you can continue to get stronger.

Is there really anything else?

I’m nitpicking now, of course, but I’d say change only one part of your routine (exercise, rep range, whatever… Or just eat more, esp if you’re a beginner or intermediate… As long as they don’t have a completely idiotic program then it’s usually their diet…)… Not everything will be “wrong”.

Maybe that’s what you meant though, so sorry in that case.
[/quote]

Thats so true, when discovering what works and what doesnt for you, you have to take a systematic approach. Change one thing and asssess the results.

Often its as simple as changing exercise order, or repetion range, or something similar.

Training can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. How do you know if a change has worked for you if you completely alter your whole training program every time you read about a cool looking programe.

[quote]IQ wrote:
I think it’s just that being a follower is easier than being your own leader, it removes personal responsibility.

Most of the questions in the Bodybuilding forum could be answered with “Try it and see”.

Using the “Working Chest and Back on the same day” thread for example, the only logical answer is to “Try it and see”. I don’t really understand why someone would ask other people if it would work instead of just trying it for themselves, the thought wouldn’t even enter my mind.

Everything that I know works or doesn’t work for me I know because I tried it, I would guess the same goes for everybody.[/quote]

And you know what, everything pretty much works, for a time. That intuition, or instinctiveness, or cybernetic periodisation, or whatever you want to call it - Ive found - seperated the more advanced from the intermediate, or the beginner.

[quote]matsm21 wrote:
I think a certain type of person overanalyzes things, and certain people just “do” things.[/quote]

^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said, sums it all up.