T Nation

Building a Prowler

actually i decided instead of spending 300 something bucks on a prowler im just going to build my own. anyone have any experience with building one? i know some carpenters and welders who can help me out and im contemplating whether i want to use metal or wood

There were blueprints posted on this forum a while back. Thats what i made mine from. Although from experience now i will have to modify it and raise the T-bar handle about a foot so i can push the fucker. Definitely go with the metal if u can.

hurg53
why dont you just push your car?

hurg53

this is a great read.

davedraper.com/pulling-pushing-cars.html

[quote]spk wrote:
hurg53
why dont you just push your car?[/quote]

because i dont want to. when i want to push a car, ill post something about it. the reason why im posting about building a prowler is because right now my mind is focused on building a prowler. Cool huh???

[quote]dudsman wrote:
There were blueprints posted on this forum a while back. Thats what i made mine from. Although from experience now i will have to modify it and raise the T-bar handle about a foot so i can push the fucker. Definitely go with the metal if u can.[/quote]

yea definitely going with metal. im going to build the prowler 2 model ill post a pic of it when its finished.

Here’s mine. Like i said the T-bar handle is too low. I will post another pic after its modified.

[quote]dudsman wrote:
Here’s mine. Like i said the T-bar handle is too low. I will post another pic after its modified.[/quote]

Wanted to ask, if it’s too low, is it too hard to push or causes back pain/imbalances etc?

i dont have prowler, but ive got this big ass tyre that i though of fitting it with a “platform” in side to hold the weights to push ala prowler. Thing is, it’s kinda low, roughly midpoint between the floor and my knee height. So since your problem is regarding height, i thought i’d be able to relate.

btw TS, good luck on building your prowler. I wish i could also.

[quote]dudsman wrote:
Here’s mine. Like i said the T-bar handle is too low. I will post another pic after its modified.[/quote]

how high should the t-bar be?

Well my T-bar sits about 10" off the ground. Judging by images and videos on the net i’d say the ideal height should be about another 7-8" above that.

If anyone does have an ‘original’ prowler i would appreciate the measurement from the ground to the top T-bar.

Mowgly it puts my body in an odd position using the current T-bar. I can push it with no weight but as soon as i put plates on i cannot get any traction and always end up on my knees.

[quote]dudsman wrote:
Well my T-bar sits about 10" off the ground. Judging by images and videos on the net i’d say the ideal height should be about another 7-8" above that.

If anyone does have an ‘original’ prowler i would appreciate the measurement from the ground to the top T-bar.

Mowgly it puts my body in an odd position using the current T-bar. I can push it with no weight but as soon as i put plates on i cannot get any traction and always end up on my knees. [/quote]

yeah it should be a few inches above where the 2 poles start from what ive seen in pictures