T Nation

Building a Good Physique

Hey everyone, i’m a young (high schooler) body building enthusiast. So far this site has given me a great routine and diet plan but now I have a question. All the really good body builders that are in magazines and in the inspiring pictures on this site aren’t only muscular, but their lean. They have really defined muscle and not much fat. That is my goal.

The problem is, as i look through photos in the physique section, and as i see people at the gym, they really aren’t all that lean. They may have muscle but it is combined with fat and unattractive. Does it take proper genes to look really good or is there just something I(and they), are missing?

A lot of those bodybuilders only look that good pre-contest. The rest of the time they look like the people you classify as unattractive.

Focus on maximal strength at this time, which is making yourself as strong as possible at your size. As you get older and grow naturally, you can move towards some of the bodybuilding techniques those people use.

I’m a 5 foot girl and you weigh around what I weigh! You definitely are no one to be concerned with your body fat.

People are too obsessed with being ridiculously lean.

Learn the differences between having no definition because you have no muscle to speak of and actually being fat. You have to build muscles before you can look at them…

It’s okay to be “smooth”. Don’t panic!

[quote]LilGuyBigPlans wrote:
Hey everyone, i’m a young (high schooler) body building enthusiast. So far this site has given me a great routine and diet plan but now I have a question. All the really good body builders that are in magazines and in the inspiring pictures on this site aren’t only muscular, but their lean. They have really defined muscle and not much fat. That is my goal.

The problem is, as i look through photos in the physique section, and as i see people at the gym, they really aren’t all that lean. They may have muscle but it is combined with fat and unattractive. Does it take proper genes to look really good or is there just something I(and they), are missing?[/quote]

You are so lucky that you found this site so early

[quote]texass wrote:
Hey, I’m a highschooler. I’m 5’8 and weigh 115.

I’m a 5 foot girl and you weigh around what I weigh! You definitely are no one to be concerned with your body fat.[/quote]

;-D I guess that about settles it lol!