T Nation

Build the Ultimate Gym

What do you guys reckon would make the ultimate gym?

For me, the staff (except for maybe the receptionists) must be icons of what I want to look like (or at least be strong and big). Free weights and olympic lifts would be encouraged as staple (not machine focused). AND it would be awesome for the gym to have its own restaurant that caters to gym goers i.e. healthy high protein food all day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and a good variety of post-workout drinks available and muscle snack foods.

What you guys think?

1. bans people for doing curls in the squat rack

2)bans people for doing curls in the squat rack

3)bans people for doing curls in the squat rack

That is all

certain useful machines, mostly plate loaded ones. GHRS, revverse hypers, deadlift jack, oly platforms, 10+ squat cages, benches, boards,chains, bands, cable setup, a few preacher benches, a few EZ curl bars, dozens of oly bars, dumbells to 5727872554 pounds, Mirrors but not everywhere.

monolifts
bands/chains in abundance
oly platforms
dumbells to 250
reverse hypers
2 or 3 benches
2 or 3 incline benches
texas power bars

And a requirement of loud, angry music. cursing would be optional.

http://www.wfac-gym.com/WFACfacility.html

The squat rack placed in front of a giant plate glass window overlooking a active volcano…

Protein, both post and pre workout dispensed by hot lactating woman straight from the source…

An Outback Steak house joined to the Gym for post workout meals…

[quote]inthego wrote:
Protein, both post and pre workout dispensed by hot lactating woman straight from the source…[/quote]

!

Anyone got a towel I can borrow?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
inthego wrote:
Protein, both post and pre workout dispensed by hot lactating woman straight from the source…

!

Anyone got a towel I can borrow?[/quote]

a towel or a moist towelette?

Hot girls with big boobies and shaven below the equator willing to let you do anything to them after you have done your workout.

no fees
free food/supplements
shady doctor on site to supply ppl with free steriods

and then what everyone else said

[quote]lildave wrote:
no fees
free food/supplements
shady doctor on site to supply ppl with free steriods

and then what everyone else said[/quote]

good idea… I like the way you think.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
http://www.wfac-gym.com/WFACfacility.html[/quote]

Man, that place is awesome (bit old looking, but still cool). Love the owners and staff there.

Lmao, love the hot girl thingy. Definitely a good incentive :wink:

[quote]inthego wrote:
The squat rack placed in front of a giant plate glass window overlooking a active volcano…[/quote]

Hardcore.

[quote]Protein, both post and pre workout dispensed by hot lactating woman straight from the source…

[/quote]

Uhh, just plain hard.

Help!

Anyone have quality info on buying & owning a gym? George Turner I thought had a great book on the subject, but cannot find it.

I want to know/learn the ropes on what it takes to be a successful gym owner.

Everything to do with memberships.
Having trainers
Was also thinking of making it a key gym, 24hr. access. Belonged to one in Boca Raton, Fl and it was great.

Thanks!

This is what I am working on building:

http://www.crossfit.com/journal/library/cfjissue1_Sep02.pdf

Ideally, I just need a barbell rack, some Olympic sized bumper plates, still rings, dumbbell handles and weights, medicine ball, sandbag, jump rope, pull-up bar, a tire and 8# sledge, and a 10’ x 10’ x 10’ room to fit it all in.

Check out some cool ideas here:

OVER 9000 squat racks!@#!#!@#!@!#@

[quote]BRUCELEEWANNABE wrote:
Help!

Anyone have quality info on buying & owning a gym? George Turner I thought had a great book on the subject, but cannot find it.

I want to know/learn the ropes on what it takes to be a successful gym owner.

Everything to do with memberships.
Having trainers
Was also thinking of making it a key gym, 24hr. access. Belonged to one in Boca Raton, Fl and it was great.

Thanks![/quote]

I think Dave Tate has a lot of info on the subject. Try looking up some of the older articles on EliteFTS.com.

ROSS IS A BADASS! OMG!

Some type of running track out back for sprints and maybe a turf field would be cool.

Hot/cold tubs and stretch/massage tables w/ free therapists to work out the kinks.

I’d put a sign on the door that said “Naked Cheerleaders” then a sign inside that said “We lied about the naked cheerleaders. You’re here to train, not look at boobs”

the Elite FTS gym

they have plenty of racks/cages

tons of different bars

tons of weights

tons of…zomg…MACHINES