T Nation

Bug: Luvin U

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
Looking huge in the new avi man, arms look beastly. I literally muttered “holy shit” under my breath when I saw it and then I touched myself [/quote]

x2

lol <3[/quote]

So is the MDD pretty expensive? I’m just a college kid, so it’s not something I could really go ‘all in’ on, but I’d like to kind of know maybe what you feel is the ‘essentials’ (obviously Virgin Cocnut Oil is to you, and I know Waylander didnt think the grass-fed beef was all that important). Just curious on how your setting it up, because I love John Meadows, and if I see so many guys having success with this, I’d rather invest a little more money in a solid ‘whole food’ diet as opposed to supplements, if that makes sense…

Dixie, you srsly find the best pics.

Spidey, well eating everything organic/grass fed/etc etc etc can get pricey, so yeah, gotta pick and choose the essentials that you can fit within your budget. I’m probably in a worse financial state than you are at the moment, lol, so I’m having to reign in other parts of my life at the moment to make sure I can eat properly. What I wrote are pretty much the essentials and not THAT pricey.

In order of importance, i’d say the VCO for the MCTs and seemingly amazin fat burning qualities (YOU CAN PUT IT ON EVERYTHINGGGG), ezekiel bread (i feel like it’s magical as well. not super cheap though, close to 5 dollars a loaf, but worth it IMO. Ask Waylander, josh86, Dohcrazy, ebomb, etc etc. we are all hooked), and I’m really digging the grassfed beef (6.50-7 a lb). So maybe you lose a little disposable income/week, but so far, it seems to be worth it.

What are MCTs?

Also what does a day of Bug food looklike these days?

MCT = medium chain triglyceride. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-chain_triglycerides

Daily food intake has been VERY variable and I haven’t been counting calories and really have no idea what I’m eating. most days it’s something like this:

Meal 1: 8-10oz chicken/beef, broccoli, VCO, 2-4 pieces ezekiel bread

Meal 2: 60g whey, VCO, maybe some more ezek bread.

30min pre workout: 1 scoop Humapro.
10min preworkout: some form of simple carb (30-60g worth), stimulant if I’m taking one.
Peri-workout: leucine or some form of BCAA.
15-20min post workout: 2 scoops humapro

Sometime in the next hour or so is my PWO meal. Usually 12-16oz beef or the equivalent, veggies, and maybe a few cups of rice and/or more ezekiel bread with almond butter.

Something along those lines. Need to make a few sample days so I can get some consistency back in my diet lol.

Looks solid. When I saw your avi I kame

I am going through a mini recomp right now I took my bulk a little to seriously (from 175 to 210) in a about 5 months. I am doing the whole leangains method my version, fasting till noon then eating 4 meals in a smaller time frame.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
Dixie, you srsly find the best pics.

Spidey, well eating everything organic/grass fed/etc etc etc can get pricey, so yeah, gotta pick and choose the essentials that you can fit within your budget. I’m probably in a worse financial state than you are at the moment, lol, so I’m having to reign in other parts of my life at the moment to make sure I can eat properly. What I wrote are pretty much the essentials and not THAT pricey.

In order of importance, i’d say the VCO for the MCTs and seemingly amazin fat burning qualities (YOU CAN PUT IT ON EVERYTHINGGGG), ezekiel bread (i feel like it’s magical as well. not super cheap though, close to 5 dollars a loaf, but worth it IMO. Ask Waylander, josh86, Dohcrazy, ebomb, etc etc. we are all hooked), and I’m really digging the grassfed beef (6.50-7 a lb). So maybe you lose a little disposable income/week, but so far, it seems to be worth it.

[/quote]

That’s honestly not THAT bad. Thanks for the info. I’m really hoping you get something even close to the results the other guy got, because if so, it could easly bring your physique to a pretty ridiculous level with very little effort. Good luck bro!

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
Looking huge in the new avi man, arms look beastly. I literally muttered “holy shit” under my breath when I saw it and then I touched myself [/quote]

x2

lol <3[/quote]

Haha. I actually almost edited it to say “no homo”, but I guess it’s too late now. lol. For reals though, lookin good man. I’m going to run a MD diet of sorts in a couple weeks.

Awesome looking diet man. I’m starting to use MDD principles gradually, looking forward to big body comp changes when I go at it 100%

Have you found the diet to improve general recovery/strength levels too?

Lookin’ deezed bug. What’re your arms measuring these days?

Srsly guys, it’s just one of those good angles of the arms. They are not cannons… yet. ONE DAY, i promise you that. And WF, to answer your question, they are taping right around 17". fml. It just sucks cuz not only is the actual measurement small, but the muscle bellies are incredibly shallow/flat, and the bicep attachment is very short with zero peak, haha. it’s almost comical. what can you do? :slight_smile:

elmore, yeah, I hear you man. Ive gone through my phases of being a fatty, and man, I will NEVER go back to that. I have seen the light. If I ever power lift, I will be one of the sexy ones because I can’t stand the sight anymore of unnecessary fat on my body. At my age I don’t feel there is any reason to not look good* (*of course, good is relative) year round. And I can only blame myself for letting my diet get ridiculously sloppy. But best of luck with the recomp!

Spidey, yeah, josh has gotten some ridiculous results. there are other factors that come into play that I don’t want to discuss here, but hopefully I won’t be too far behind him one of these days. He has a great physique and is one of the most dedicated that I know, so he deserves it.

Blaze, woot. <3

jake, give me a few weeks to report back. this week is kind of fucked, and maybe next too, with me moving and working all over the place, but once I get back into a groove, I’ll let you know what I find. In the 1-2 weeks I was eating using MDD principles before my vacation, I felt great, had better energy, was leaning up, skin looked better, etc etc. Strength was improving too (squat went from 365x5 to 365x11 in a couple weeks lol. keep in mind I’m regaining old strength).

Odd morning this morning, bout to down some Humapro and ezekiel bread, then go train legs in about an hour before work. Gonna apply some of tankman’s stuff from teh bb’ing section. crazy looking leg workout from a big-ass mofo.

And in the spirit of keeping myself honest, here’s a relaxed and fasted (no food since 9PM last night) morning shot. 205 this morning, waist taping around 33", but looking pretty smooth today. Still recovering from the 5 day dessert binge fest, ha. Hopefully in a couple weeks this will tighten up significantly again.

^^^^ Dude, I feel you on “bad arm genetics”. I once read [don’t know how accurate this is] that favorable bicep genetics show that when you flex your arm, you can fit 2 or less fingers across the space where the peak of the muscle ends and your arm runs into your forearm [hope that makes sense]. I can fit almost 4 fingers, haha. To say I have high biceps attachements is an understatement. If I didn’t at least have some decent veinage in 'em they’d look like absolute shit. It also doesn’t help that my chest grows no matter what, making a bad problem worse. Gotta play the hand your dealt though so 'tis what it is.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
^^^^ Dude, I feel you on “bad arm genetics”. I once read [don’t know how accurate this is] that favorable bicep genetics show that when you flex your arm, you can fit 2 or less fingers across the space where the peak of the muscle ends and your arm runs into your forearm [hope that makes sense]. I can fit almost 4 fingers, haha. To say I have high biceps attachements is an understatement. If I didn’t at least have some decent veinage in 'em they’d look like absolute shit. It also doesn’t help that my chest grows no matter what, making a bad problem worse. Gotta play the hand your dealt though so 'tis what it is.[/quote]

Just did “the test”, 2 fingers for me fits where I can start to feel the bicep. Maybe that means my arms will start to look okay in another 2" or so… who knows, I’ll work on the inches for now…

Bug, your relaxed pictures are actually impressive, that is the sort of condition I also want to be maintaining “more or less” year round, abs aren’t ripped to shred but looks like 0 “grabbable” lovehandle or belly fat. The sad thing is I’m most likely 4% or more off that sort of condition… MDD time cannot come too quickly…

Also, arm looks beastly in display picture, even though its a favourable position, 17" that lean looks great… but what size are your forearms? Like 15"? Mine are 13.5" or so but look nothing like that yet…

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
^^^^ Dude, I feel you on “bad arm genetics”. I once read [don’t know how accurate this is] that favorable bicep genetics show that when you flex your arm, you can fit 2 or less fingers across the space where the peak of the muscle ends and your arm runs into your forearm [hope that makes sense]. I can fit almost 4 fingers, haha. To say I have high biceps attachements is an understatement. If I didn’t at least have some decent veinage in 'em they’d look like absolute shit. It also doesn’t help that my chest grows no matter what, making a bad problem worse. Gotta play the hand your dealt though so 'tis what it is.[/quote]

Yeah, I guess I can fit around 3. Just zero peak… fml. Also, I lack the awesome veinage you are sporting, sadly. When I was at my leanest, had some carbs in me, and some blood flow/pumpage going on, they get pretty vascular, but they all seem to hide when I’m cold.

Ok, that’s gotta be one of the most nausea-inducing workouts I’ve ever done. Was on a slight time crunch so I really pushed the pace, and the volume really kicked me in the ass. Had to dial it down even more than I had originally planned. Saw Aqua hitting some shoulders and lookin huge as ever. MF’er.

Lying leg curls - 20sec rest b/w sets
50 x 10
70 x 10 - after this set the pump started getting really intense
80 x 10
90 x 10
110 x 10
130 x 10 - fucking hard. normall im good for 170x10~ on this machine.

Standing one-legged leg curls - no rest
25/side x 10 LR, 10 LR
35/side x 10 LR, 10 LR
45/side x 10 LR
55/side x 10 LR - couldnt even complete any full reps at this point.

Seated leg curls - 30-45sec rest
60 x 10, 10, 10
80 x 10, 10

SLDLs - deeeep, hard squeeze at top - prob 60sec rest b/w sets. Hammies are feeling ridic.
115 x 12
165 x 10
215 x 10
265 x 10 - immediate following this set, hammie stretch.

Leg extensions - this was the surprise killer of the whole session. Don’t think I’ve ever attempted a 100rep “set”… didnt make it.
70 x 10 warmup
110 x 83 total reps - I guess it was too heavy to start… I did like 21 reps… then 9… then 5, 5, 5 for awhile, then some 3s… then took a longer break (5 breaths) and got another 6-7… until I hit 83. Then the thing wouldn’t move anymore. Most ridiculous quad (especially teardrop) pump of my life.

Back squats - each rep buried, paused, and explode up as fast as possible, no lock out
135 x 8
185 x 8
225 x 6
295 x 8 - starting around rep 5 had to take slight pause between each rep… my legs felt like goddamned Jenga towers about to collapse from the very first set. I was gassing hard. work capacity FTL.

Leg press - fuck me sideways. basically only rest was how long it took to put on another plate, take a sip of water, and sit back down.
2pps x 10
3pps x 10
4pps x 10
5pps x 10
6pps x 10
7pps x 9 - o hello failure
5pps x 10

Leg extension - one more 100 rep set… lol I told myself i was gonna make it… nope.
70 x about 65-70 reps.

hobbled out of there with AquaCruzer at my side.

Whoo! That’s a leg day. I’ve got mine coming up in an hour and I’ll be copying a bit. It’s cool seeing how everyone borrows ideas from each other in this section.

Holy volume! Your looking to bring up hammies a little then?? Never seen so much leg curl volume, how long did the session take all together?

Major props for still out-leg pressing me after EVERYTHING else you did and on little rest. Your training log is very motivating for me.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
Leg extensions
110 x 83 total reps [/quote]

$