Buffets and Bulking

After I worked out today I went to a local chinese food buffet and ate until I could eat no more, mostly chicken/brown rice/mushrooms/brocolli,and some pork and began to wonder, while costly would that be a bad way to bulk effectivley? Or would it just end up making you gain way more fat than muscle?

If it is part of an overall structured bulking diet it could be quite effective. It should only be one part of your diet and used when appropriate. It would not be possible to get to a buffet 6 times a day for all of your meals.

I have never been to a chinese restaurant that has brown rice.

I was refering strictly as an after workout thing only, which for me is midday.

[quote]helga wrote:
If it is part of an overall structured bulking diet it could be quite effective. It should only be one part of your diet and used when appropriate. It would not be possible to get to a buffet 6 times a day for all of your meals.

I have never been to a chinese restaurant that has brown rice.[/quote]

Yeah I too like helga has never seen “brown” rice at a chinese restaraunt. What it most likely was, was white rice fried with a browning sauce to create the dark texture of brown rice.

I guess that is a possibility for sure, didnt put much thought into it. If it is white rice would that make it pretty much out of the question for a post workout meal?

You would be better off not having a single gorged meal after working out but spreading your bulk meals over the day.
imo

Alright, thanks for the advice.

[quote]maxx power wrote:
You would be better off not having a single gorged meal after working out but spreading your bulk meals over the day.
imo

[/quote]

Goodness. The highlight of some of the training I used to do was hitting up Cici’s Pizza after training and staying until we pissed off the cook. Some of you are a little uptight. There is nothing wrong with a kid doing this (especially if they have a fast metabolism), once a week or maybe even twice a week.

[quote]Jross98 wrote:
I guess that is a possibility for sure, didnt put much thought into it. If it is white rice would that make it pretty much out of the question for a post workout meal?[/quote]

How long after the workout are we looking at?

There was a double tap in T-Nation Radio, under “MEDIA & ART”, that talked about this. I can not remember who, but one of the contributors said he made great gains during collage by getting access to a free buffet after training.

I say eat until you can’t. But ONLY if you are really training hard. If you start getting too fat then stop. If you get good gains, keep it up.

Probablly 10-15 minutes after training.

[quote]Jross98 wrote:
I guess that is a possibility for sure, didnt put much thought into it. If it is white rice would that make it pretty much out of the question for a post workout meal?[/quote]

I might be wrong, but wouldn’t white rice be better post workout?

[quote]sugarfree wrote:
Jross98 wrote:
I guess that is a possibility for sure, didnt put much thought into it. If it is white rice would that make it pretty much out of the question for a post workout meal?

[/quote]

I think you have a point.

[quote]AgentOrange wrote:
sugarfree wrote:
Jross98 wrote:

I think you have a point.[/quote]

…and I think this kid needs to relax and hit a buffet every once in a while unless his results don’t warrant it.

I had a steak and cheese stromboli the size of a newborn baby, a large chef’s salad with vinagrette dressing, a bowl of meatballs in meat sauce with garlic bread, a tall glass of ice water and a large dixie cup of my bulking protein shake for lunch today. Is that bad?

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
I had a steak and cheese stromboli the size of a newborn baby, a large chef’s salad with vinagrette dressing, a bowl of meatballs in meat sauce with garlic bread, a tall glass of ice water and a large dixie cup of my bulking protein shake for lunch today. Is that bad?[/quote]

Only if you didn’t burp afterwards.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Goodness. The highlight of some of the training I used to do was hitting up Cici’s Pizza after training and staying until we pissed off the cook. Some of you are a little uptight. There is nothing wrong with a kid doing this (especially if they have a fast metabolism), once a week or maybe even twice a week.
[/quote]

Im not disputing the fact he can do it once or twice a week.
From my interpretation of his post, i thought he was trying to use this as a cheap method for a more often bulk.
Like eating once during the day and then hammering the buffet every night for $10 and saving quite a bit of cash a month.
This wont work.

[quote]maxx power wrote:
Professor X wrote:

From my interpretation of his post, i thought he was trying to use this as a cheap method for a more often bulk.
Like eating once during the day and then hammering the buffet every night for $10 and saving quite a bit of cash a month.
This wont work.

[/quote]

No, I’m pretty sure he was asking whether it was an effective method for bulking. He even concedes in the post that it would be expensive.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
AgentOrange wrote:
sugarfree wrote:
Jross98 wrote:

I think you have a point.

…and I think this kid needs to relax and hit a buffet every once in a while unless his results don’t warrant it.[/quote]

I agree.

It was starting to sound like Muscle and Fitness in here and I didn’t put a stop to it – I failed myself and the others around me.

[quote]AgentOrange wrote:
maxx power wrote:
Professor X wrote:

This wont work.

No, I’m pretty sure he was asking whether it was an effective method for bulking. He even concedes in the post that it would be expensive.[/quote]

You guys are right, after looking into it this guy is 157 lbs.

You got some solid advice already on this post. Just ignore mine :slight_smile:

I think there is a good bulking post around here somewhere. I will try to dig you up a link.