Buffed, Beautiful, and Bitchin'

Its been long enough that I can’t remember why I stopped posting in my old log so I’m starting a new one. Things have been hectic lately so we’ll see if I can actually keep this updated.

About to hit the gym so epic intro post and training info to come later on.

But for now a little motivation and pre-workout noise…

wut

OMG cant w8 2 get huge

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
wut[/quote]
Oh hai!

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
OMG cant w8 2 get huge[/quote]
GIANT ATTACK HUMAN

So I guess if I start a new log I have to explain my training and stuff…

Background: I’ve competed in PL before but have spent this past year focusing on physique goals and did my first show about a month ago. I will likely compete in both again at some point in time but right now I just really want to enjoy smashing weight in the gym.

Current goal: The same thing it’s always been. Get bigger and stronger. I want more size overall, but delts, biceps, and quads are of particular interest.

Training: Is a work in progress. I’m working on my second cycle of 5/3/1 since the show right now, but still debating how I want to do things. I’m changing a lot for this cycle and I’m pretty sure my set up only actually resembles 5/3/1 in the sense that I have 4 main lifts and use the 5/3/1 percentages and reps on them.

My main lifts are front squat, bench, deadlift and db ohp. DB OHP will use higher rep ranges (4-6, 8-10, 12-15) and won’t be percentage based (still debating this part). I’ll also have two back/bi days stuck in there. I like to train 4x/week, but might not always be able to with the way my schedule is looking so with this set up, if I train 3x/week I’ll at least hit everything once. We’ll see how much all of this changes in the coming weeks…

Training Maxes for Cycle 2
Front Squat: 160
DB OHP…
Deadlift: 235
Bench: 125

Training…

MONDAY
Front Squat
45x10x2
95x5
105x5
120x5
135x15

DB RDL
75x8x4

Super Set 10x5
lunge (50)
leg curl (55)

Leg Press
3pps x10
2pps x20
pps,Q x30

WEDNESDAY
DB OHP
25x10
30x15x3 (last = 14)

Leaning Lateral
25x10x3

HS Decline
35x10
45x10x3

Super Set x3
fly 70x10
rear fly 55x15

Pullover
40x10x3

4 Way Raises
5x20

So when you’re working on physique goals vs powerlifting goals, how does your training differ?

I want to be huge too! :frowning:

So when you’re working on physique goals vs powerlifting goals, how does your training differ?

I want to be huge too! :([/quote]

With physique goals I only use machines and never do less than 8 reps because high reps are better for hypertrophy and I only eat chicken and broccoli.

The key to being huge is cheeseburgers.

meadows row
75x8x4

pulldown
110x10
115x10x3

hs csr (1 arm)
70x12x3

rear delt swings
50x30x3

hammer curl
30x10x3

bb curl
40x10x3

concentration curl
15x10x2
15x10/10x10/5x15

Well, hello!

I know my FB comment pissed you off. But I think your transformation is nothing short of phenomenal.

Question: I understand the rep range and diet, but why only machines for physique goals?

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Well, hello!

I know my FB comment pissed you off. But I think your transformation is nothing short of phenomenal.

Question: I understand the rep range and diet, but why only machines for physique goals?[/quote]

DYEL?

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Well, hello!

Question: I understand the rep range and diet, but why only machines for physique goals?[/quote]

DYEL?[/quote]

Never picked up a weight in my life. I live on the cardio equipment.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Well, hello!

Its actually just your bad attitude and high-and-mighty tone that annoy the shit out of me. I usually try to be civil and ignore it, but that’s harder to do in my training log.

My transformation was a result of hard work and dedication. I’d hardly consider that phenomenal.

Because that’s how all bodybuilders get jacked.

DYEL?[/quote]

Something tells me this log is not going to be very cereal.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
front squat
135x15

[/quote]

Damn impressive. This is what all women’s cardio should look like.

YEAH, really awesome front squattin’! I was happy the other day to get 95 x 3, ha-ha. I find the bar on my neck makes it hard to breath so I can never tough it out for high reps, you ever have that problem??

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:

DYEL?[/quote]

Something tells me this log is not going to be very cereal.[/quote]

It will be super cereal, I just dislike passive aggressive women.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Well, hello!

DYEL?[/quote]

Never picked up a weight in my life. I live on the cardio equipment.[/quote]

I don’t doubt that for a second, judging from your physique, you look awful.

So far the log is just two people being very rude. W/e it’s your’s to use as you please.

[quote]csulli wrote:
So far the log is just two people being very rude. W/e it’s your’s to use as you please.[/quote]

lol shut up white knight

The OP and I have been real life friends for about 5 years now, if anything this training log means more to us two then a passive aggressive woman who needs knee wraps to squat 135.

Just sayin’