Buckeye's First Powerlifting Meet

I did my first powerlifting meet this weekend, and I think I’m totally hooked!

I competed as a junior at 132, geared (single ply for me), at an IPA meet. I ended up with a 600 total, which was my goal.

It went like this:

squat
200 easy
270 fail

bench
100 easy
110 2 whites
120 fail (2 reds for moving my feet)

deadlift
200 easy

Things didn’t go exactly as I had hoped, but it was still a great experience, I set a few new PRs and I got an awesome first place sculpture/trophy thing even though there was no one else competing in my division.

I can’t wait to get back into the gym!

squat pic

Well done!

and a bench one too

awesome! good job on the meet, good luck with future ones as well

Great job! Looking hardcore in the pics.

Nice PR’s to.

I’m glad you finally got to do your meet. Its always a good feeling not bombing out and actually getting the total you wanted.

NICE JOB!

nice job

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
I’m glad you finally got to do your meet. Its always a good feeling not bombing out and actually getting the total you wanted.

NICE JOB![/quote]

Thanks.

Not quite the total I wanted though. I would have liked to get more than 600. What I had in my mind as the perfect (and a bit unrealistic) day would have been a 250 squat 125 bench and 275 deadlift. That would have been a 650 total, complete with two huge PRs and one little one that I’ve been struggling with.

But I’m not complaining. Next meet I’ll get that, and then some. :slight_smile:

Excellent work!

Awesome!

Good Job.

Well done!!

What gear were ya wearing outta interest?

Looks like a v-type squatter in the deadlift and a superior suit in the squats?

Congrats! Always cool to see someone reaching goals they’ve set for themselves. I hope you continue to train hard and compete in future events.

Good job!

thanks guys!

Hanley,
I squatted in a Titan suit that I borrowed from one of the guys at my gym. All I know is that it was custom made for him and says NXG+. I don’t know if that helps. I don’t know a whole lot about Titan and their custom gear. I had some issues with my squat suit being altered right before the meet and decided to go with the borrowed Titan suit instead of my own.

For the squat, I also wore Ernie Frantz briefs (and can’t wait to get some new ones from Titan or Metal).

My shirt is a Metal Viking Bencher and I pulled in my Viking V-type Squatter(which I normally squat in as well).

nice job

Congrats!

Keep up the good work.

Well done!

I love the deadlift photo; you look strong. :slight_smile: Great work.

…I’ve felt like I’ve seen this all before somewhere…anyway good job!