BTS: Tim Patterson Speaks

Does Biotest Laboratories LLC have its own manufacturing facility?

[quote]fahd wrote:
zdrax wrote:
You guys are the best company in any industry I have ever dealt with. And anyone who contests this must not have a lick of intelligence in their skull.

Wow. Thats a big statement there.

[/quote]

It’s true. A big, but very true statement. I’ve placed orders and received them the next day. Full money back guarentee, no questions asked. Free shipping on orders over $99. Heck, there was a promotion where you got a full box of Grow! bars free with orders over $59. I’ve never seen another company this committed to its customer base. Ever.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
machineshop wrote:
20 minuts of pure advertising. Awesome.

Boo hoo. What part of “Biotest head honcho talks about supplement biz” went over your head?

[/quote]
The part where he only talked about his own supplements.

It’s good to hear GSP from UFC will endorse Biotest Spike. Too bad UFC banned fighters from thanking any of their endorsements. Will we see George wear a Biotest shirt? I guess we’ll know tonight when he fight on PPV.

Great article and great info that more people should know about.

It’s also good to hear a date on that new fish oil product that’s comming!

I haven’t been buying my flax oils in my usual large orders because I knew this was comming, but didn’t know how soon.

I can’t say enough about this site, and I’m so glad I found out about this from a pay forum where there are other straight shooters.

I now have no need to pay for their site anymore.

I’m still shocked at how much free, quality information there is on this site!

Just saw GSP fight in UFC tonight. Spike logo all over his shorts. Hey, will we see the Spike T-Shirts for sale soon?

[quote]iatguy wrote:
Just saw GSP fight in UFC tonight. Spike logo all over his shorts. Hey, will we see the Spike T-Shirts for sale soon?[/quote]

They’re available in the T-Nation store now.

This is one of the more informative and more interesting articles I have read on this site in the past couple years. Thanks, Tim.

This is a fascinating read. I hope all readers will appreciate how much work goes into keep the T-Nation machine running smoothly.

Great article. A lot of vital information. I for one am a great fan of T-Nation. Nearly everything that I’ve learned come from this site. Without T-Nation, I wouldn’t be in this great shape that I am in right now. (THANK YOU HOT-ROX) While it’s true the prices are a little higher in T-Nation, i believe it’s worth every pennies.

With the same price that I paid for a Low-Carb Grow!, I can get a 5lb whey protein. However, Low-Carb Grow! will beat the living **** out of any protein products out there. Great taste and quality, there’s not a single protein product out there that can top it.

Even if you think the products are too expensive, think about the valuable information that you get from this site. All those articles by renowned coaches. These valuable articles are presented to you at no cost. If you weigh it out, it’s totally worth it.

Furthermore, T-Nation has the most exotic products i’ve ever seen. I mean come on, Alpha Male, Spike, Carbolin 19, years ago these kinda stuff only exists in my fantasy.

So ya…just my 2 cents.

(By the way, when will more information about that fish oil come out?? Im so anxious)

[quote]machineshop wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:
machineshop wrote:
20 minuts of pure advertising. Awesome.

Boo hoo. What part of “Biotest head honcho talks about supplement biz” went over your head?

The part where he only talked about his own supplements.
[/quote]

Because he should use his site to promote everyone else’s products? I guess you complain when the head of Google doesn’t spend enough time lauding Microsoft too eh?

[quote]machineshop wrote:
20 minuts of pure advertising. Awesome.[/quote]

Why are you here?

Tim,
Maybe we could have access to those buyer numbers(amount spent, and the number we are, in relation to everyone else) For every purchase, we would know where we stood compared to the number one buyer or the buyer of the week on the site or something? You know, see what all the big spenders do and compete maybe for the week or something. Could be a fun thing and perhaps beneficial.

“If you drop your price by 5%, you would expect sales to increase by more than 5%, right?” -Get Lifted

[quote]
This is not true in an inelastic market. Sometimes demand goes down when price decreases. For example, we sell less Low-Carb Grow! now at 23 bucks (with micellar casein and three new flavors) than we did when it was $28 ($43, buy two, get one free). [/quote]

But if demand is relatively elastic then that statement is accurate. I was not referring to an inelastic market and is shown through my posts in the previous thread on pages 4 and 5. I was not aware from your original post that you were seeking the inelastic buyer nor was it specified. Therefore, my comment was speaking in a generality of what would be accurate for a relatively elastic market. It never was directed specifically for your products unless you actually operated out of that market-Which was not clear.

The Law of Demand states: As Price increases, Quantity demanded decreases. Or another way to say it; An increase in price raises the payment per unit but also reduces the number of units sold. Caveat, ceteris paribas.

How much each of these changes depends on how elastic our demand is. How we respond is elasticity.

These are basic principles but never the less important given the discussion and thread. (not even talking supply here or abstract concept of utility)

So, it would seem based upon your Low-Carb Grow! that your decrease in price, decreased revenue. Naturally, demand is relatively inelastic. Speaking inelastically(lol?) an increase in price would increase revenue. A direct relationship between the two.

Chris Shugart’s thread touches on the “feeling” of a need for the product. How much do we need this product. Need and luxory products tend to be more inelastic. Whether or not the market really is inelastic is interesting. Perhaps you’re trying to create that inelasticity… Given the company is innovative.

Big difference between used to be and is. I wonder which state “it” is really in at this moment. LOL

-Get Lifted

(chicken little is da bomb)

“…20 minuts of pure advertising. Awesome…”

Geez…

Where did THAT statement come from?

Did you even read the thread?

Didn’t Tim spend a LOT more time talking about the supplement industry, buisness in general, international shipping difficulties, and member purchases than of any one “Biotest” supplement?

Unbelievable…

Mufasa

Every time GetLifted posts now all you here is crickets…

P.S. I hate you; I really, really hate you.

I appreciate Tim's commitment to his ideals. So far, it looks as if he hasn't "Sold Out" in the interest of making more money. How rare is that in the business world? Personal integrity v making millions? You have to know that Tim's decisions have cost him a staggering amount of money. I wonder if we would be able to stand up and do the same if our situations were reversed?

I know how positevely my life has been impacted because Tim has provided a place for me to get the best supplements and the best training information. A place where I can meet other people who think like I do, a place where my thinking can be challenged and where I can watch others explore, stretch and Grow!. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist.) 

Kudos to Tim. You de man.

(Tim, please don’t forget to send the check to me for letting you use my screen name. Also a free bottle of Spike and Banana Grow! would be nice too. Thanks, BB)

I was at the SWIS 2005 conference
(http://www.swis.ca)

Dr. Serrano, Paul Chek, Rakowski et al (including our own Stayley was there) maintained that insulin management is the key to fat loss/ muscle gain
AND
the future of mitigating a pro-inflammatory system (precursor to all our top causes of death- cheerful note).

That being said, Grow!'s inclusion of micellar casein, etc. drops the GI and makes this it’s namesake . .a Growth promoting pre-bed, between meal shake that will not affect your insulin sensetivity.

Take the fish oil + CLA caps with it and you’ve got a dream cocktail.

Serrano’s lecture notes from SWIS have scientific proof of it all . .and the dangers of the cheaper whey’s sweeting with fructose, etc . .

This was not, “Mr. machine”, an infomercial but IMHO more a state of the union address.

I had the good fortune of starting with Gironda and working my way right through Draper, Zane and all the old crew’s methods . .when they all looked different in silhouette . .
Did they not all admit there allegiance to Rheo H. Blair for his protein technologies . .

Expect your Canadian market to grow guys, USPS was a smart idea . .and Fed-Ex is great for border brokerage- UPS sucks us dry with double billing- $$ to UPS USA and $$ to UPS canada . .so forget them.

Maybe volume discount pre-packs ?
6 containers at a better price kind of thing ?
Just my two cents on a whole lot of everything.
Well said and keep up the great work . .

[quote]Get Lifted wrote:
ceteris paribas.

[/quote]

You meant ceteris paribus, didn’t you?

(If you’re going to be a pedant, you need to be accurate.)

[quote]CoachMike wrote:
I was at the SWIS 2005 conference
(http://www.swis.ca)

Dr. Serrano, Paul Chek, Rakowski et al (including our own Stayley was there) maintained that insulin management is the key to fat loss/ muscle gain
AND
the future of mitigating a pro-inflammatory system (precursor to all our top causes of death- cheerful note).

That being said, Grow!'s inclusion of micellar casein, etc. drops the GI and makes this it’s namesake . .a Growth promoting pre-bed, between meal shake that will not affect your insulin sensetivity.

Take the fish oil + CLA caps with it and you’ve got a dream cocktail.

Serrano’s lecture notes from SWIS have scientific proof of it all . .and the dangers of the cheaper whey’s sweeting with fructose, etc . .

This was not, “Mr. machine”, an infomercial but IMHO more a state of the union address.

I had the good fortune of starting with Gironda and working my way right through Draper, Zane and all the old crew’s methods . .when they all looked different in silhouette . .
Did they not all admit there allegiance to Rheo H. Blair for his protein technologies . .

Expect your Canadian market to grow guys, USPS was a smart idea . .and Fed-Ex is great for border brokerage- UPS sucks us dry with double billing- $$ to UPS USA and $$ to UPS canada . .so forget them.

Maybe volume discount pre-packs ?
6 containers at a better price kind of thing ?
Just my two cents on a whole lot of everything.
Well said and keep up the great work . .

[/quote]

Hey CM,

I know the idea has been brought up a ton but maybe us ontario peeps should do a bulk order sometime in the near future(perhaps after the new fish oil product comes out?). I just got 3 boxes of grow bars and absolutely love them when I am in a rush.

I am not sure if it would be any cheaper in the end but I know we could easily get together over a few grand worth of stuff.

Here’s my quick take on this thread. I opened a BB mag yesterday and didn’t recognize a single product! I have been buying from either t-mag itself or Biotest products for years now and they have continued to be there and getting better. Even EAS got old fast, different creatine and MRP’s are still the same not cutting edge. So, I for one, will continue to always support Biotest because not only do I get fantastic products, but if there is ever anything better, they develop it.

P.S. is it just me or is creatine and NO2 “revolutionary” again without andro products being made anymore?