BSN NO-Xplode?

Is this stuff good/worth taking? I’m only taking Whey Protein, but I hear this is really helpful…?

Read this.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=556124

Ahhh… No-Xplode. I actually got a free sample the other day, and decided to try it out. It really is crap. I doubt the product even causes your cells to vasodilate like the article says. I certainly didn’t see my lifts go up either. Don’t waste your money and go for some 20$ creatine that will last you 200 servings.

Yeah, I bought a tub once, just to see what would happen. $30 stupid tax, I guess.

I still have half a tub of that shit lying around. The orange flavor is sour as hell and it didn’t give me any additional “pumps”. Probably because I’m so tolerant to caffeine. I didn’t really notice my veins popping out either.

How this is one of the most popular supps out there… escapes me.

[quote]bobo86 wrote:
How this is one of the most popular supps out there… escapes me.[/quote]

Changing the word “Explode” to “Xplode” is a surefire marketing strategy. It works every time. The products don’t have to do anything, they just need a cool name.

this product is rubbish. go get some creatine monohydrate, bcaas or glutamine. don’t waste your money!! A sample of this stuff isn’t worth your time.

im almost done with my 2nd tub of this stuff, now at first i followed what everyone else has said on this board, i dismissed the product before i tried it. T-Nation is supported by a company, a company that has to make profits, BSN is another company competing with Biotest for its market share. Your not going to hear unbias views on a forums thats run by a competing company.

that being said, i decided to give it a try as my gym buddies had been giving it good reviews. Now is the effect placebo? possibly…I find that it is worth the money as it is a caffeine boost and does pick me up if im feeling sluggish. I wouldnt purchase it for any other reason and think its better just to have a cup of coffee or two as the creatine in it doesnt really work that well…that being said whilst being on no explode i have made decent gains, would i have made the same gains if i didnt take it? maybe?

in conclusion

#1 your not going to get an unbiased view on a forum run by a competing supplements company
#2 just try it, not everyone is the same and people will react differently too different supplements, my case saying it was worth it but once ive finished this tub i doubt ill buy it again

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
im almost done with my 2nd tub of this stuff, now at first i followed what everyone else has said on this board, i dismissed the product before i tried it. T-Nation is supported by a company, a company that has to make profits, BSN is another company competing with Biotest for its market share. Your not going to hear unbias views on a forums thats run by a competing company.

that being said, i decided to give it a try as my gym buddies had been giving it good reviews. Now is the effect placebo? possibly…I find that it is worth the money as it is a caffeine boost and does pick me up if im feeling sluggish. I wouldnt purchase it for any other reason and think its better just to have a cup of coffee or two as the creatine in it doesnt really work that well…that being said whilst being on no explode i have made decent gains, would i have made the same gains if i didnt take it? maybe?

in conclusion

#1 your not going to get an unbiased view on a forum run by a competing supplements company
#2 just try it, not everyone is the same and people will react differently too different supplements, my case saying it was worth it but once ive finished this tub i doubt ill buy it again[/quote]

You…you can’t say that!

ive been taking the stuff for the past two years and i LOVE it, i dont care if ppl say its just a placebo, or its all “hype”, id pay 35 bucks for a great hype or a fantasic placebo any day.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
Your not going to hear unbias views on a forums thats run by a competing company.[/quote]

The only problem with your theory is that you assume all people who are on this forum somehow benefit from the profits of Biotest. I don’t understand that. Why does the fact this is a Biotest website have anything to do with my opinion, or any other general member?

I could see how you would say that about some of the authors, although I would imagine if it was a good product they wouldn’t bash it regardless. Hell if it was a good or useful product Biotest would have their own version. If you are benefiting from it great, by all means keep buying it. But it doesn’t change the general consensus that it’s a useless product.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:

The only problem with your theory is that you assume all people who are on this forum somehow benefit from the profits of Biotest. I don’t understand that. Why does the fact this is a Biotest website have anything to do with my opinion, or any other general member? I could see how you would say that about some of the authors, although I would imagine if it was a good product they wouldn’t bash it regardless. Hell if it was a good or useful product Biotest would have their own version. If you are benefiting from it great, by all means keep buying it. But it doesn’t change the general consensus that it’s a useless product.[/quote]

my point is its like going on a nike forum and talking about adidas shoes, the general population are going to be bias towards nike or in this case Biotest otherwise they’d be on another forum…

[quote]Dylanj wrote:
ive been taking the stuff for the past two years and i LOVE it, i dont care if ppl say its just a placebo, or its all “hype”, id pay 35 bucks for a great hype or a fantasic placebo any day.[/quote]

have you stopped using it at any time during those 2 years? i.e 8 weeks on 4 weeks off? or just continual use?

Take caffeine pills? cheaper and probably more effective? I don’t know but my half tub is still a half tub because it tastes like ass and I didn’t get anything out of it.

EDIT: as effective or more effective.
NB. It has glycocyamine in it.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:

The only problem with your theory is that you assume all people who are on this forum somehow benefit from the profits of Biotest. I don’t understand that. Why does the fact this is a Biotest website have anything to do with my opinion, or any other general member? I could see how you would say that about some of the authors, although I would imagine if it was a good product they wouldn’t bash it regardless. Hell if it was a good or useful product Biotest would have their own version. If you are benefiting from it great, by all means keep buying it. But it doesn’t change the general consensus that it’s a useless product.

my point is its like going on a nike forum and talking about adidas shoes, the general population are going to be bias towards nike or in this case Biotest otherwise they’d be on another forum…[/quote]

Again that still doesn’t wash. Biotest does not make a competing product to NOX, whereas Adidas does make a competing product to Nike. There is no bias applicable when comparing apples to oranges.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
Dylanj wrote:
ive been taking the stuff for the past two years and i LOVE it, i dont care if ppl say its just a placebo, or its all “hype”, id pay 35 bucks for a great hype or a fantasic placebo any day.

have you stopped using it at any time during those 2 years? i.e 8 weeks on 4 weeks off? or just continual use?
[/quote]

i take breaks when i run out of cash, but thats onlyfor about 2 weeks or so, i know im supposed to take longer off cycles from it, but i cant seem to workout w/o it

[quote]Dylanj wrote:
jtg987 wrote:
Dylanj wrote:

i take breaks when i run out of cash, but thats onlyfor about 2 weeks or so, i know im supposed to take longer off cycles from it, but i cant seem to workout w/o it[/quote]

It sounds like you’re just hooked on the caffeine in the product.

I’m amazed at how many people use NO supplements not realizing that they are loaded with caffeine.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
Dylanj wrote:
jtg987 wrote:
Dylanj wrote:

i take breaks when i run out of cash, but thats onlyfor about 2 weeks or so, i know im supposed to take longer off cycles from it, but i cant seem to workout w/o it

It sounds like you’re just hooked on the caffeine in the product.

I’m amazed at how many people use NO supplements not realizing that they are loaded with caffeine.[/quote]

Maybe they get it because of the caffeine.

I’ve been alternating between BSN’s NO Xplode and VPX’s NO Shotgun. I’ve come to the conclusion that the stimulants in both products are the only part that does anything for my workouts. So, I started using Redline Extreme or Endorush (the two main stimulants in those products) to give me a rush of energy for my workouts.

I have used Spike in the past, but I never got an aggressive type stimulation from it. It was great for mental concentration or when I needed to stay up at night.

There are much cheaper ways to get caffeine.