Brute's Book

Today
dead lifts 45 x 12, 135x2, 185, 225, 255, 280, 300x3 x 5 sets
at the knee ( lowest possible at 24 hour rack, I would really benefit from using one notch lower since mid knee is my sticking point) rack pulls 45x3, 135x3, 185x3, 225x3, 275x3, 315x3, 345x3, 365x3, 405x3
anderson zerchers 45x5, 135x3, 185x3, 225x5, 245x5 x 4 sets, 265x2, fail at 280
pull ups x 8
stepmil lx 20 mins

reverse drags of the tank to keep my knees happy post dead lifting, harness on hips focusing on side ass!
oh kb bell up waiters walks 8kg/200 feet each arm, 10kg x 200 feet each arm, 12 kg x 80 feet/arm

That fire hydrant can weigh anywhere from 150-500 pounds?? According to the internet. I’d guess 180#. I will wait until they put the lil wt number on the side like they do most weird things at the gym. Even then I might not try!

We all get to the point in our life experiences- and lifting ones- where we can rapidly identify bodily dangers. Like those big mutl gallon arrowhead water cooler jugs. I see them and know right away changing those bastards out is guaranteed elbow pain, possibly clavicle pain too.

Today!
Malibu Walk, totally gorgeous morning. Around 50 degrees, deer, robins, wonderful!

Stepmill x 20 mins
tried various standing face pulls with a 6# wt’d ball with handles- hard and weird, my arms are so long, its hard to figure out some exercises
oh kb bell up waiter’s walks 8kg x 200 feet per arm

Another Malibu Walk! Its STILL wonderful out. Kinda overcast, not warm, not cold, perfect!

Last week I suddenly felt burnt out at my job, it happens that way. One day my patience just gets less, I get cranky, it means time for a day off. Luckily I was able to get today off. Should do the trick.

Here’s a picture of my coworkers dogs hanging out together in a cage! :)!!! Ronan, Pigeon, and Leo!

I have a tire waiting for me at my parents house! Next time I’m there I’ll pick it up and pop it in my car for the DIY sled!

1 Like

Today
pull ups x 10
log clean once strict press reps 67x5, 77x5, 82x3, 87x6, 90x6x 4 sets

pull ups x 8
sand bag carry 75# x 45 seconds, 100# x 6 mins- at 5 min loaded it to shoulder x 30 seconds to carry on shoulder each side
t bar dl 77x5, 167x3
t bar carry 217# x 6 mins, first drop/regrip at around 2 minutes/400 feet in, then a regrip every 100- 200 feet for remainder of time
monster walking lunges x 200 feet

pull ups x 6
stone hold at bottom 107# x 30 seconds, hold at top 107# x 15 seconds
stone loads 107, 140
sand bag loads 200# x 5 single loads, walked 50 feet after each load

prowler plus 140# power row one way x 50 feet, low handle push way back x 50 feet x 6 mins, around 5 back and forths

prowler plus 140# reverse drags x 100 feet

baby log (33#) oh carry x 3 minutes
3 circuits of:

• baby log strict press reps/oh carry steps 6 reps/6 steps, 5/5, 4/4, 3/3, 2/2, 1/1 then 6 reps
  • claw grip seated rows x 12

then 3 rounds of

• rear delts x 15
  • back extensions normal/superman x 10

then peck flies 3 x 10
kb oh bell up waiters walks 15# x 100 feet per arm

Malibu Walk!

Boy O Boy are those sandbag loads rough! Its been a long time since I did the 200# bag and it felt that way! The load was a tad high for what I had in me but I’m pleased I was able to load it today. That bastard 200# sack of sand is floppy and wild to get a good purchase on.

I must have done a weird sand bag shouldering too because I felt it ever so lightly let me know not to push it for more loading on the platform after the 5 single, and sand bag loads require a decent amount of shoulder/push power for me at least to get that thing on the platform. I also think I have figured out I can benefit from partial reps on my oh pressing.

I go pretty much to my clavicle for strict press reps, maybe I can avoid making my shoulders pissed if I do some controlled partials, say to chin height on accessory oh stuff.

More things I’m figuring out about myself- and my body- is what my limitations are. I do not care what the bro police think of my ROM! I have nothing to prove! For my leverages I gotta work what I can in a smart way so I don’t bust myself of again. My arms are beyond long and my strength in proportion to how long my arms are will never add up, they’d have to be way bigger then they are capable of being to do that. Light and partial, so be it for some things.

1 Like

Today- Malibu Walk

Holy Beautiful Weather! Man its been nice! This morning’s walk was fabulous! MAN I am LUCKY! :D! I love mornings like this!

Not sure if I’ll do anything else today lifting wise. I have to go waaaaaaaaay north of where I live today to pick up new contact lenses. I’m currently looking for 24 hours fitness’s around there just to see as I like checking out different gyms! :D!

Got to wait out rush hour a bit before I head out. With the summer coming up- and it will become scorching hot FAST- I am going to be toying with my lifting times on weekend days a bit. As in either get up early to beat the heat and take out my girl first, or get up even earlier to beat the heat to get done lifting before 6am or so.

It gets HOT! Malibu has almost a husky type coat and she gets hot too, the sun…over all just better to get everything done before the UV index is 11 and the floor is burning her feets!

I’m a creature of habit, yet also pretty easy to “train” to be classically conditioned as in I develop habits fast and then the stick for better or worse. I think once I make my mind up to make a change its easy for me to get hooked on that change, as it then becomes a habit and then its set.

Stubborn is another word for that. :wink: My general frame of mind and has improved a lot and when that happens, I don’t have to rely on the big, knarly, take all the energy out of my body- because being tired and tacked psychically DOES make you less full of inner angst mentally- lifting days to keep me calm.

I don’t need to focus my energy to go harder and heavier because I am content. I know I have a limited amount of energy every day. I can use my energy FIRST to enjoy peaceful Malibu Walks when its not 1,000 degrees outside and have a “sub par/ not insane” lifting day after that. This is the state of mind I have had before when I have a good dog. A solid companion does wonders.

1 Like

Super cool training video! If you are interested! If you are a fan of strongman, these days you are quite spoiled for choice of almost daily new vids ! Its VERY COOL! Long gone are the days when I’d get “amped” to lift by listening to Russ Martin talk radio in a hot as hell trailer in Texas. No cd player or stereo, no mp3 player, just an am fm alarm clock radio and thank God I had reception.

I save watching stuff like this for after training though or between lifting days as it keeps the spirit alive! SO spoiled these days. I don’t try to be this fast at all for my loading and carries, not at all!

Ended up doing stepmill x 20 mins at a strange to me 24 hour fitness on my way home form the eye dr. Got home and it STILL is gorgeous so we took another walk on the trail, and saw Tina too!

Malibu thought it was cool :wink:

1 Like

Today
Malibu Walk

Pull ups x10, x8
pull ups x 6 hold up top x count of 1 each rep
pull ups x 4 hold up top x count of 4 each rep

Cool!

Wishing you a safe, quiet, and thoughtful Easter.

dog

3 Likes

THANK YOU!!! I hope you had a good one too, I spent mine with the dogs!

Today
pull ups x8
log clean once strict press reps 67x5, 77x3, 87, 92x4, 95x4 x 4 sets
fs 45x10, 135x2, 165, 175x10 x 5 sets
pull ups x 8
monster walk lunges x 300 feet
oh kb bell up waiters walks 25# x 100 feet per arm
pull ups x 5

circuit of

• baby log press from safeties , partial ROM slow descend to chin only 33#x6 add 10# per circuit, highest wt was 63#
  • pull ups x 5
  • prowler power row x 100 feet started empty then added 50# each trip, got up to 150# ( on cement so no friction)
  • prowler reverse drags the above wt x 100 feet

did 3 circuits or so?

rear delts 3 x 15 ss reverse drags of the prowler plus 150#
oh kb bell up waiters walks 15# / arm x 100 feet

Nice!

Today
dead lifts 45x10, 135x2, 185, 225, 255, 280, 300, 315 x 2 x 3 sets, 315
rack pulls at the knee 45x5, 135x3, 225x3, 275x3, 315 x3, 345 x3 x 3 sets
anderson zerchers 45x10, 135x3, 185x2, 230x4, 240x4, 250x4 x 2 sets
stepmill x 20 mins

reverse drags harness on hips of the tank x 100 feet/push it back x 100 feet light to hard resistance, 3 trips total back and forth

peck flies 3 x 15

Today
pull ups x 10
log clean once strict press reps 67x5, 77x5, 87x7 x 3 sets
log clean once leg drive press reps 87x3, 97x3, 107x3, 107x2, 107
log clean and strict press each rep 67x5, 77x5, 87x5, 90x5 x 4 sets

stone loads 107x2, 140x2, 210 x 12 singles walked 100 feet between each rep
stone loads 140 x 25 - done over the time of 2 Rammstein songs, not rushed

dead sled plus 50# ( estimated 210#?) x 5 mins, first regrip at 300 feet, then about every 100 feet regrip alternating fat and normal grip
oh kb bell up waiters walks 15#/arm x 100 feet, 25#/arm x 50 feet

zercher yoke carries x 50 feet with 105#, 135#, 165#, 185#, 205#

3 circuits of :

• peck flies x 15 added 15# each round on peck machine
  • arm over arm prowler plus 50# x 100 feet ( on cement so no friction)
  • pull ups x 4-3 ( suddenly I weighted a million pounds and pull ups were hard!)

rear delts x 15 ss with seated rows x 12 x 3 - did this back and forth 3 times

prowler push x 200 feet waiting for bathroom to be open to wash up and apply sunblock.

Malibu Walk!

The stones felt good today! I used an old, dead, used up tacky towel that had a wee bit of tacky on it that was just enough to revive it but not full on crazy tacky action. The clean and presses felt nice too! I will do those more.

1 Like

Today
pull ups x 8
sand bag timed carries- warm up with 75# x around a minute, 100# x 5 mins
sand bag distance carries 150# x 200 feet x 4 trips walked 200 feet between each trip
monster walking lunges x 5 mins 30 seconds

pull ups x 5
prowler plus 70# low handle push 50 feet/high handle push 50 feet x 5 mins 30 seconds- total of 10 back and forths

prowler plus 120# reverse drag 50 feet/low handle push back 50 feet x 6 mins 30 seconds- total of 10 back and forths

prowler reverse drags harness on hips x 50 feet, 120#, 140#, 170#, 190#

prowler power row x 100 feet added 20# each 100 feet (wt added 120#, 140#, 160, 180#, 200)

tried a new ghr 2 x 5 which looks like it might be very cool- pads on the knee which felt great and not the typical bar jutting into my patella

baby log oh press (partials- down to chin) /oh carry steps 33# 6 reps/6 steps, 5/5, 4/4, 3/3, 2/2, 1/1
then same baby log of 33# but 7/7, 6/6, 5/5, 4/4, 3/3, 2/2, 1/1
Malibu walk

NICE!

My apartments are becoming insane…I was taking Malibu for a am pee break before work Tuesday, turned a corner and came face to face with this creepy shit! WHY???

What kinda bazaar Danish design shit is this?? I full on expected a psycho clown to come running out of the bushes dragging a deflated scary balloon animal.

Those things will be launched into the creek in two weeks I’d say.

Yesterday I yelled at a maintenance guy from my apartments. Homeboy decided to try and unlock my door while I was home- after I had yelled “Hold on!” twice after his knock- and walk on in for some seasonal filter check/smoke alarm check.

I got to the door first and lit into him. As in my version of losing my temper being a raised voice and telling him “HEY!!! You’re just going to walk on in??” This is probably the first time in …I can’t remember how long, its been years maybe that I have actually raised my voice and yelled at anyone. He deserved it!

Luckily I had my sneaky portable bolt on it so he couldn’t have opened the door with just the set of keys they have at the complex, but he had every intention too. He didn’t even wait a minute after knocking before trying to barge in!

Anyways, I guess that’s some sort of PR for me. Typically if I raise my voice at anyone I end up apologizing pretty much right away to smooth it over and tell the person I got angry with that I forgive them or whatever just to not hurt anyone’s feelings- even if they deserved it. Not this time. He apologized and I excepted it and sied “Ok” and that was that.

Sounds silly, but really its not for someone like me who tolerates a bit too much a lot of the time.

NO ONES busting into my house with my girl Malibu without my permission, Not TODAY! Being a Dog Mom brings out the tiger in me for real!!!

2 Likes

HEY HEY HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! New Rammstein! :D!!!

New Album in May!

My car is a STAR!! Here’s a video of how to change a Rav 4 timing belt!

Today- Malibu Walk!

This lil cutie!

I picked up my tire for DIY sled making yesterday! And some rope! Its a plastic type rope so it might be a bit coarse but it’ll do.

Grabbed these scotch eggs as well :D!

Today would be a good day to try it out however I am bushed! I don’t feel run down yet I don’t feel recovered enough for anything beyond walks and stuff today.

Feet are upset from the prowler work and not eating the spinach the last two days. I got my blood work results back and everything was good, normal thyroid, normal lipids, and non anemic. Whew! I was veggie deficient!

I bumped up my ZMA dose as well to the man dose and since doing that my sleep has been great. No idea why they list the women’s to be 2 caps vs the men getting 3.

Anywho, another great walk today with ALLLL the birds talking major shit to each other! Robins getting spicey, some other misc lil birds I have no idea the name of jumping about, woodpeckers, mallards swooshing into the creek chasing each other around! Its spring and its fabulous first thing in the morning with the territorial bird calls!

Today
pull ups x 8
log clean once strict press reps 67x5, 77x5, 87x2, 92x5 x 4 sets, 92 x 4
fs 45x10, 135x2, 165, 185, 200x4 x 3 sets, 180x6 x 2 sets, 185x5 x 4 sets, 185x4

pull ups x8
oh kb bell up waiters walks 15#/arm x 100 feet each
pull ups x 8

3 circuits of

• baby log press from safeties x10 added 10# each set so 53#, 63#, 73#
  • pull ups 8 reps x 2 circuits then 5 reps last circuit
  • seated rows x 12

3 circuits of

• rear delts x 20
  • claw grip rows x 12
  • triceps x 10-15–I still can’t figure out a good tricep move that won’t make my shoulder pissed

baby log (33#) strict press reps/ oh carry hold steps 10/10.9/9,8/8,7/7,6/6,5/5,4/4,3/3,2/2,1/1 rough!

Not a super day but punched the clock ok. I know I have high gravity days when everything feels way too heavy, today was a High Dork Day when I could not get my fs stance or form right. No idea why! I tried a different bar, a different rack, just klutz city today.

Who is NOT a dork is my girl! I gotta get some night vision goggles because she is quite the hunter. Yesterday she snagged a baby bunny! Killed it right away because she is not cruel but most prey driven!

I didn’t even try to get it out of her mouth. I do not want bits of baby bunny stuck under my fingernails prying it from her! Luckily I was able to pull an old trick I did on Moss when he’d get weird stuff outside. I hauled her back home and tossed some ham slices and she dropped the 1/4 eaten bunny carcass and went for the ham as I kicked that bunny away! UGH!

2 Likes

Today
dead lifts 45x10, 135x2, 185, 225, 255, 275, 290, 305, 320, 340
275x5 x 5 sets
rdl’s 45#x10, 65x10, 95x10, 105x10
stepmill x 20 mins

reverse drags of the tank x 5 mins, harder setting
peck flies x 20 add 1 plate on the machine each round did 5 rounds, top wt was 50 x 2 sets ss power rows of the tank

Cool! I’ve never really done rdls but I did them today because nowadays my dead lift feels mostly hammstring! That is a change! I think its good? Typically it feels more lower back. I am excited to get my hammys a bit better.

Yesterday was one of those days you suddenly see , things can change for the better quite instantly ! Without your control! :D! Mean girl-former close friend bad attitude coworker put in her 2 weeks notice! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This is fabulous! My supervisor told me the minute I walked in on the floor. She knows our history- and also has had to deal with this person many times and can’t really manage her. Mean Girl Bad Attitude Chick is not stupid and does just enough to feign a change in her ways to not get fired- though she deserves it- but it always comes back and then its even worse then before.

WHO CARES!? SHE WILL BE GONE! Now its just in my apartment complex that I’ll have to be on the look out to avoid her nasty proximity which I can do no sweat. HA HA HA!!! GET THE HELL OUT WITH YOUR BAD ATTITUDE!

:D!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Today
pull ups x 10
log clean once strict press reps 67#x5, 77x5, 87x9 x 3 sets, 90x5 x 4 sets
log clean each rep and strict press each rep 67#x8, 70x8, 72x8, 75x8, 77x8
prowler plus 50# reverse drags x 50 feet x 2 trips

stone loads 107x2
sand bag loads 150# x 6 x 4 sets, added 1 inch to the height each set reverse dragged the prowler x 50 feet /walked 50 feet after each set

sand bag load singles 150# at 55", 150# x 56", 150# x 57", 150# x 58", 150# x 59"
vid below

pull ups x 8

3 circuits of

• rear delts x 20 add 2.5-5# each set
  • claw grip rows x 12 add 10# each set
  • triceps x 10
  • pull ups x 5
  • kb bell up oh waiters walks 10# one arm 15# other arm x 100 feet , switch kb’s then another 100 feet
    Like picture above

Nice!!! The SB loads felt great! I’m getting there with my picks, telling my self to claw with my finger strength and it’s making them easier. :D!!!

A 180# bag would be nice to use…a nice round one.

Feeling good!

I also have this girl around too who makes me so rich!

Today
Malibu Walk

Sand bag carries at the field! Sand bag weights over 100# but under 150#, I’d say its 125# but can’t say.

Did it for a bit back and forth, with stops for around 10-15 mins. Longest carry time was around 2 minutes, which I did that distance twice. carrying the bag to and form the field, estimated distance no idea.

At 24 hour fitness
pull ups x 8
the tank push x 10 mins moderate pace, hardest tension
the tank power rows x 5 mins
the tank highest tension plus I added 90# on top in plates reverse drags one way handles in hands, other way harness on hips x 10 mins
the tank pulls harness on hips, facing the front so like a truck pull x around 5 mins

peck flies 5 x 20

Another Malibu Walk!

Totally gorgeous outside. Today’s sand bags in the field went fairly well for the first time in a long time out there. I warmed up like normal at home, then strapped on my wt’d vest (30#) as a warm up for the carries themselves since I don’t have a smaller sand bag.

The sprinklers were on in the field so I chose to avoid the slippery wet grass and use the cement walkway for carries. Since I did that I didn’t try out my tire for sled work since it’d destroy the cement with its rim on it. I might try it tomorrow though!

The tank stuff felt great too! The truck pull style for sure quad attack and FEET ATTACK ugh!

My feet! GAHHHH ! Geez :frowning: its much better then 6 months ago, yet still my feet are the things that bother me the most these days. MAN do I need a foot message, but I think I’d cramp up for that!

I got a hand cramp for the sand bag carries which rarely happens, foot cramps? OH YEAH those happen a lot. Less but a lot.