Highish Anderson zerchers 45x5, 95x5, 135 x5, 185 x5, 225x3 x3 sets
BW walking lunges x75 reps per leg
Circuit of:

• prowler reverse drags x 200 feet, wts added 90- 230#
  • seated rows x 10 add 10# each circuit
  • cheater ghrs x15
    Did 4 circuits
1 Like

Such a BORING week at work! It’s National Conference time so majority of our big shot dr’s are out to attend that. Very low patient load for me!

And it being oh so cold just made me tired! I did sneak in to peep on these guys though this afternoon, the resident blood donor kittys!

Here’s some video of these boys around dinner time , getting rowdy for grub!

I have a really cool job! Very very lucky to be able to do what I do and visit with fellas like this when my day upstairs with the hospitalized animals gets rough. They can be very affectionate!

1 Like

1 Like

Greg, Blaze, Figaro, and Garfield!

1 Like

Mighty Greg , the hunter of cat tails

Trickster Olof, the cat who pretends to invite you to rub his head, then bites your hand lightning fast!

1 Like

Up early because I got stuff to do! Got into turbo gym at 3:45, and had a NICE luxury lifting day, and a Malibu Freezer Walk all done by 7:30. NO traffic!

Today
pull ups x10
log clean once strict press reps 67x4, 77x4, 87x4, 97x5 x 3 sets, 97x4 x 3 sets, 87x7 x 3 sets
fs 45x5, 135x2, 165, 180x8 x 6 sets
clean grip reverse alternating lunges reps per leg kinda estimated I got lost on counting- 45# x5/leg, 85x5/leg , 95x5/leg x 3 or so sets

ss those with one motion log press 67# x 5 vid bellow! I know I am off on the lunges, I forgot to focus on my spot on the wall that gives me balance, and I had a mild klutz attack.

Tbar carries 237# x 2 mins 30 seconds, rested 2 mins, then 237# carry x 2 mins 15 seconds

Circuit of:

• viking press 8-10 reps per grip one after the next, 3 grips bar plus 25#
  • pull ups x 5
  • claw grip cable rows
  • triceps x 15
    Did 3 circuits

Nice! Last week this time me and my girl spotted 5 coyotes- in a pack- on our walk. They were rowdy and slipping through the trees, tails flying high and wagging hard.

2 weeks ago my Mom told me Lum the Newfie was spotted out on the property surrounded by 5 coyotes as well! They had cornered him like prey, this was on the front lawn in daylight hours.

When my Mom saw this she got the air horn out and blasted it and they ran away. For the next 24 hours My Lum who is 120# of dog was quiet and didn’t want to get up, my Mom called for some advice from me. I told her to get him checked out and she decided to wait a few days to see how he was since he had been eating etc. He improved but was still very limpy in the hind. Turns out he got bit in his hamstring bit by a damn coyote! I say this in surprise, because he is a BIG DOG!

He was very guarded over his hind end, and my parents couldn’t get a idea of any kinda wounds. Once he got into be seen by the vet, it was discovered that he had a big ol bite wound abscess on his hammy! F@CKING OUCH!! So he got to lanced open, flushed, and some antibiotics. Its hard to see wounds on long haired dogs sometimes since its a lotta fur, my poor LUM!

He’s doing much better and luckily that was all that happened. Do not mess with coyotes! They will kick your ass and laugh about it the whole time!

1 Like

Newfies are not fighters I don’t think, poor guy.

I buy meat from a ranch (Alderspring) in Idaho. Long ago, they had issues with predators; then they picked up Great Pyrenees dogs…no more issues. Apparently, they had one that would actually hunt coyotes at night (not the other way around). Amazing.

Check this out if you’re interested, www.idahopyrenees.com Hasn’t been updated in a while but some good info.

Sorry to hear about LUM! He needs a Emu bodyguard. Many years ago our neighbor had three emus. We watched them kick the crap out of a coyote from our porch. It was very interesting how they “drummed” him (I don’t know what you call it, but they make that noise like a bass drum) until they got him surrounded and stomped him! We called it NatGeo Live!

1 Like

WOW!!! I believe it! Those Pyrenees are no joke! There is something so cool about working dogs-- of all types.

Malinois, Herding dogs, mastiffs, etc. Its easy to forget that these dogs were bred for a purpose and that purpose was not just as a snuggle butt, or to look cool, but a real job to fill.

Its so cool to see them live out what there were born to do! Dog Animal bond, ancient hard wired, real relationships between us the have been there for a LONG TIME! And even those lil King Charlies Cavialiers who were bred to …well, be docile as all get out and sit on a queens lap to warm her blankets-- all have a purpose!

WOW!!! I never even considered THAT! Attack Emus!!! HA! I’ll tell my mom!!

1 Like

Today
Stepmill x 17 mins
Malibu Walk

That’s all for now! May do more but may not! Not feeling enough power for any wt’s today. So I decided on this.

The stepmill kicked my butt. I don’t have a reason, just was hard. I tripped a bit on it to start and had one of those real burst of adrenaline/flight or fight bodily chemical release that you feel all the way into your hair and it seemed to have effected my cardiovascular abilities! HA!!

That or it was just because its the f%cking Stepmill!

Currently on the fence about buying some warm pants from rehband. I can’t find any reviews from women who use them but most of the mens who reviewed give five stars.

I imagine its probably fine for ladies but they are pricey so I want to gather more intel before I spend the money on them!

Hmm… My hip has been complaining at times, like its getting a bit of arthritis in the socket, so the idea of the warming those hips is very appealing to me. HMMM.

Today
Malibu Snow Walk with 30# wt vest

It was BEAUTIFUL OUT TODAY!! And MISTY!!! We got a big snow dump of about 6" last night. Big fluff dry snow! So today’s walk was most fabulous.

You might be able to peep the two does in the tree here! Malibu sure did and was VERY excited about it all!!

It’ll all melt by tomorrow I’d guess. Snow still makes me trip out, even thought I’ve been in Denver on and off for 20 ish years, the California girl I used to be still gets jazzed by actual seasons and weather!

1 Like

A very cool Mark Bell Powercast!

She talks about some stuff I can personally relate to. Its NOT uncommon, and it certainly is not something anyone can take away from you once you got out of it. And you DO tell yourself this, “I’ve been through worse, and I can get through this”.

AND the Woman Dog Bond! Great podcast! AND the requests to carry someone! HA HA!!! I actually like to carry people though, I’ll happily do that for a dude!

Today
Pull ups x9
Log clean once strict press reps 67x3, 77x3, 90x7 x 6 sets, 90x6, 90x1
Fs 45x5, 135x2, 165, 175 x12 x4 sets, 175 x 7
BW walking lunges 55/ leg
Pull ups x8
Circuit of:

• baby log plus bigger chains press from safeties x7 added 5 pounds each round
  • pull ups x7
  • one motion log x7
  • seated rows x10- 15
  • triceps x 15
    Did 3 circuits , like this which is part of it. Not the best pull ups I know!

Baby log (33#) oh press reps/oh hold steps 5/5, 4/4, 3/3, 2/2, 1/1
Lady log (67#) same thing 5/5, 4/4, 3/3,2/2, 1/1
Vid below

Nice!!!

1 Like

Today
Deadlifts 45x10, 135x2, 185, 225, 255, 275, 305, 320 x2 x4 sets
Mid shin rack pulls 45x3, 135x2, 185x2, 225x2, 275x2, 315x2, 335x2 x5 sets
Anderson zerchers 45x5, 136x3, 185x3, 225x5 x3 sets
Circuit of:

• ghr/back extensions mishmash x10
  • reverse drags of the prowler x 200 feet ( wts added to prowler 90- 270#)
  • claw grip rows x10-12 add wt each time
  • lat pull downs x10 add it each time
  • triceps x 10
    Did 3 circuits
    Fancy! Feeling good!

Today
Stepmill x 20 mins
Malibu FREEZING FOG WALK!!!

Today is a big day for my girl…she’s getting a wellness exam, blood work, nail trim, and some vaccines and will meet my bad ass vet tech friends- oh and a few nice vets too.

She will be terrified because she is my sweet, nervous, scared girl at the vet. Ugh…and she’s so dirty its embarrassing…She’s a big time smellier and we are in the dirt, mud, snow, and bushes daily. I have to get her to the wag and wash. She also will be terrified, scared, and freaked out, however my girl needs a hose and a blow dryer to get all her former mama booby bits clean!

Today
pull ups x 8
log clean once strict press reps 67x3, 80x3, 90x2, 100x5 x 2 sets ( rep pr?), 100 x3, 95x5 x2 sets, 95x4, 90x5 x 2 sets
vid of the 100- I had no idea until I took this camera angle that I have a bit of a “toe drive” on the last few reps! Ha! I don’t care!

I also noted the weird head shift, right arm asymmetry, but I took a vid of a lighter load and the head shift is not there and I am much more symmetrical on the upward press. You gotta strain sometimes and look crazy for the heavy -for you -stuff! My lifts are getting “prettier” but they are far from form perfect.

stone loads 107x2, 140, with tacky 210 x 8 total loads, about a load per minute- the tacky helps so much, make sit a lot easier to pick, but the loading is still the same difficulty- I think at least. Maybe a bit faster then I thought.

Prowler push/pulls on the stall mats ( with friction) :

• low handle push x 50 feet
  • high handle push x 50 feet
  • reverse drag x 50 feet
  • low handle x 50 feet
    Did 4 of these trips, added wt 90, 140, 160, 180 to prowler

triceps x 30, x 30
reverse prowler drag x 200 feet with the wt’s above in reverse order

Nice!
My girl didn’t enjoy her vet visit at all! Here she is being terrified, with a coworker while I was gossiping with my work buddies in the front… She did NOT like the rectal temp one bit! She went after her restrainer :{ That is understandable though, most dogs do not appreciate temps. I can tolerate a dog who hates rectal temps.

We are going to do the blood work and nails the next time. However, I’ll be giving her a doggie glass of wine ( a dog sedative called trazadone!) to smooth out that encounter and future vet visits.

My clinic is busy and I understand her being scared! Hopefully she never has to come more then a few times a year for vaccines.

I am off for an exciting day at the Tannery! Getting a new cowhide rug! WOOOOHOOOO!!!

1 Like

Rug is a success!

Have I told you lately, that I love Malibu??? :smile:. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Today
dead sled carries - unknown wt, maybe around 200# x 5 mins, with drops/regrips
sand bag carry 100# x 5 mins- no drops but I did preposition it on my lap and then
up again, did some sandbag on the shoulder
dead sled caries est 200# plus dragging chains one way, then chains on top of sled the other x 5 mins with regrips every 100 feet

misc combo like this vid below- sled carry dragging chains, chains then on top of the sled, then dragging, then reverse drag etc x 50 feet, did about 3 of these rounds

then more misc stuff , a lose 3 circuits of:

• oh chain press with steps 5/5, 4/4, 3/3, 2/2, 1/1
  • dead sled power rows with chains x 50 feet
  • seated incline db press x 10 17.5’, then 20’s, then 22.5’s ( new wt each circuit)
  • claw grip rows x 10
  • lat pull downs x 10 with attachment that I can’t name, shaped like a side ways V

Malibu Walk!

ITS ARNOLD WEEKEND! I am excited! Rogue has a youtube channel that is streaming stuff too! So very excited to see stuff! No idea who will win the big men’s show. Its either Thor or Shaw…or who knows! HA HA! There are a lot of athletes I am a fan of competing, very fun to watch!

Or the 1,000+ dead lift! WHOOO! I am jazzed to see all the updates!

1 Like