T Nation

Brute's Book

Today
pull ups x 9
log clean once strict press reps 67x4, 77x4, 80x11 x 3 sets, 80x7 x 2 sets
fs 45x5, 135x2, 165, 185x6 x 7 sets
bw walkign lunges x 50 reps per leg
circuit ( added wt each circuit) of log press from safeties 77x8, 82x7, 87x6, 90x5
pull ups x 4,4,4,4
seated rows x 10, 9, 8, 7
triceps x 20, 15, 10, 8
db oh press reps/oh hold steps 20’s 5/5, 4/4, 3/3, 2/2, 1/1

I did NOT want to do it today. I just kept going going though…oh I am up, Oh I am up and outside letting Malibu out to pee, oh I am driving to the gym, oh I am at the gym. Ok then. Keep plodding.

I am super water logged. Cottage cheese is/was on sale for the super bowl and I LOVE cottage cheese. However, the salty dairy makes every drop of water stick into my tissues. I feel a good 8 pounds heavier, swollen, etc. Weirdly the last few days very deep in my hip socket on my right side I’ve been feeling a bit off. Hmm.

He need a bunch of guys like that to keep moving the plates for you’

Wouldn’t that be nice?! Lil yoke caddy’s!

Today
normal warmup ( hip circle walks, hip circle glute thrust stuff, bird dogs) plus new reverse sled drags – this is an attempt to keep my knees happy after dead lifts

dead lifts 45x10, 135, 185, 205, 225, 245, 265, 285, 305, 315, 335, 345
275x3 x 5 sets
high anderson zerchers 45x5, 95x5, 115x5, 135x5
pull ups x 9
stepmill x 20 mins
steam room x 5 mins!

I hope this knee thoughtfulness works. I haven’t done zerchers in months and months! We’ll see how that feels I guess in a few hours.

Yippe-do. I get to sign a new lease for my apartment. My rent went up $135/month. UGH. Still the best I can probably do in this rental market, its expensive in Denver. Not California expensive quite yet but it’ll get there.

Its not like I can afford to move but I also am for the most part quite happy with my place and its location. ONLY real complaint is stinky neighbor and you can end up with one of those anywhere.

All in all I still consider myself on way on top as I AM able to afford- even if its tight- to live on my own which has been my main goal in life since I can’t recall. Its just rent, you can’t really change it.

Toda
pull ups x 10
fs 45x5, 135x2, 165, 175x10 x 3 sets, 175x9, 175x7, 175x4
pull ups x 8
t bar press from safeties ( unsure wt, bar plus 20# anywhere from 65-75#) x 8 x 5 reps
t bar dl warms ups, empty, 135, 225 x 5 ss 4 pull ups
t bar dl 225 x 6 ss 4 pull ups
t bar dl 225 x 7 ss 4 pull ups
t bar dl 225 x 8 ss 3 pull ups
t bar dl 225 x 9 ss 2 pull ups
t bar dl 225 x 10 ss 1 pull up

banded barbell mp’s from safeties 50# x 8 ss t bar rows 75-85# x 8 - did 4 circuits of this

The Tank ( 24 hour fitness’s prowler) push/reverse drag x estimated 100 feet or so
lower setting to highest, then highest to lowest , about 8 back and froth trips no stop , took about 8 mins. This thing below:

tbar oh press/steps holding it over head 5/5,4/4, 3/3, 2/2, 1/1 rested 1 min then did 6/6, 5/5, 4/4, 3/3, 2/2, 1/1

Malibu SNOW WALK!

I feel MOST fabulous! The 24 hour gym day was due to bad roads however I am happy it wasn’t so crowded and I got a good one in! Also started my post workout can of pinapple juice. It makes a difference ! Now instead of striving for the drop and drag, I am avoiding it. I used to need that drop and drag, excretion exertion exertion drop to calm myself, wear myself out …things are not that way anymore :D!!!

I still need to do something physical to not go feel like a lazy-ass everyday , but now I am trying to replenish and not exert exert exert all the time for the sake of my sanity. It might back fire but I am willing to give this a shot.

A very bitter morning of minus 5 and a few inches of snow overnight. Luckily it got up to 22 today so I could get my girl out! I have a limit of 20 degrees, if its below that I stay indoors as much as possible and that goes for the dog too!

As I was warming up they got a delivery of one of these things:

I am going to give it a shot. Not today. Its a tire flipping device. I recently ( from Martins Licis’s vids!) discovered that I have been flipping tires incorrectly. The handful of times I’ve done it I dead-lift them up for the most part, with a terrible grip for your wrists, big time bicep pump. That’s not right!

The trick is to squat low, and under, the tire almost in a rack position kinda under your chin. I am explaining it terribly , but seeing it done the way you’re supposed to makes me see just how hammy activating it might be to dig down that low.

I dunno. I do know that my old right hamstring, at the insertion point into my pelvis has been fussing at me for certain movements. I think the husafel pissed it off. The pick from the floor of the hasafel is an awful wild hamstring event- at least for me. I will henceforth only use husafel carries off a platform.

I mainly like to train that thing for the upper back pump anyways, the legs get work too with the carry itself. That pick though is a BASTARD on my hips. So no more, well, I will have to pick it at least once or twice to pop it on the box! But I’ll do it empty.

Today
log one motion clean to overhead 67#x5
log clean once to strict press 77, titan big log clean once strict press once (95# x 1)
stone loads 107, 140, 205
tacky stone loads 220 x 10 total
sand bag carry 150# x 100 feet, 150# x 150 feet, 150# x 200 feet, 150# x 250 feet
messed with sandbag over bar 150# x 2
yoke pushes/wanna be conan’s wheel?
empty yoke ( 185#) x 50 feet x 2 trips ss 50 rep per leg bw walking lunges
yoke plus 50# x 50 feet x 2 trips ss 50 rep per leg bw walking lunges
yoke plus 100# x 50 feet x 2 trips ss 50 rep per leg bw walking lunges

empty yoke push/chest to yoke bar x 50 feet x 4 trips- very cool! felt it on the big sheet of back muscles

circuit of:

• prowler low handle push 50 feet
  • high handle push 50 feet
  • low handle push 50 feet
  • reverse drag x 50 feet ( wt’s added of 90-140#)
  • db benching 35’s x 10
  • claw grip rows x 10
  • triceps extensions x 20
  • cheater( not full rom) ghr’s x 10
    did 4 circuits

Malibu Snow walk!

WOOOOHOOO!! I’m feeling good! I’m really enjoying the circuits/giant set stuff, its been a good change. Loading with tacky is something I am going to do more too. Its different, but the funnest part of stones for me is loading! And this will help me do that. I think I’ll rotate every other loading day with sandbags.

My legs feel a bit flushed too. I like the yoke pushes! Also I liked the all in one motion log press, but I can only do it with 67# so far. Still! It feels nice! Like this but …67# HA HA!!!

“OH, GIMME A BREAK!” HA HA HA! How is this not the so inspiring to lift, even if its no where near that amount of wt???

I watched this when you shared the live feed. The others didn’t make it look that easy!

Today!
FREEEEEEZING MALIBU WALK! So cold mixed some running in snow boots into it because I was beyond cold!

It was fun! Did a minute running/sloping in the snow boots, a min walking etc x 5 or so times. It made a difference for my body temp that’s for sure.

Went to 24 and did bw glute stuff, 100 reps total per exercise, divided up in 7 sets of ten then a final set of 30.

Steam room X10 mins!!

Fancy Smancy!

Today
pull ups x 10
log clean once strict press reps 67x4, 80x3, 85x10 x 2 sets, 85x9 x 2 sets, 85x7 x 2 sets
fs 45x5, 135x3, 175, 190x5 x 10 sets
pull ups x 5
circuit of:

• log strict press from safeties with chains 67# x 6
  • pull ups x 5
  • claw grip rows x 10
  • triceps x 20-11
  • cheater ( not full rom ) ghr’s x 10

did 3 circuits then outta time!

WOOHHOOO! Feeling good! My fs have become a lot slower in speed, but that’s better I think at least. Its harder to pay attention on the decent -for me- then to drop low and come digging out of the hole. I don’t care what you say! Those ass to grass squats are for somebody, but not me anymore!

My shins however are a bit upset from the snow boot walking!

Today–
Snuck in some Stepmill in Scrubs x 20 mins!
AFTER WORK CARDIO!!

Also mixed in some misc minutes of running with my Malibu on her walk! Because she’s pretty and we get exuberant! She especially likes to take off kickin and runnin after she poops!

Today
dead lifts 45x10, 135x2, 185x2, 205, 225, 245, 265, 285, 305, 325 x 5 singles
at the knee rack pulls 45x3, 135x3, 225x3, 275x3, 315x3 x 2 sets, 335x3, 355x3 x 3 sets
t bar carries 167# x 5 mins
circuit of:

• 10 cheater ghr’s
  • high anderson zerchers wt’s 95-145 x 8
  • reverse sled drags x 200 feet 90-140 # added ( on cement so easier)
    x 4 circuits

COOL!

Today
pull ups x 10
log clean once strict press reps 67 x 4, 82 x 3, 92 x 2, 100 x 3, 97 x 4, 97 x 3, 90 x 6 x 5 sets, 90 x 5 ( took a bit to get a wt I felt good with for the reps wanted)
fs 45x5, 135, 175, 190, 205, 215, 225, 180 x 7 x 7 sets
ssb Bulgarians bar only which is 35# x 10/leg, 55x10/leg x 2 sets, 65 x 10/leg
pull ups x 8
one motion log press 67x3

circuit of:

• baby log wt 53# then added chains x10
  • 5 pull ups
  • claw grip rows x 10
  • farmer’s handle carries 143.5#/arm x 50 feet
    did 4 circuits

next circuit of:

• reverse prowler drag x 50 feet ( wt’s added 90-190#)
  • low handle prowler push x 50 feet (wt’s added 90-190#)
  • triceps x 20
  • lat pull downs with cool attachment x 7

While putting the baby log back I did the oh press reps/oh carry steps with it so 33# log press x 7/7 steps, 6/6, 5/5, 4/4, 3/3, 2/2, 1/1

Done!

The wind woke me up as in I launched out of bed swinging a few times last night from CRAZY, wild, vortex, banshee howling wind outside!

I’m a bit on edge here because my stupid neighbor is at it again with his burning antics and stinking up my house…I don’t even. It makes me so angry.

Its enough to know I am on edge from stink-master pyromaniac fucking wierdo next door. I’ve done all the things I can, I’ve called everyone at the apartment office, I’ve emailed them too, I’ve emailed the fire department…now I wait and see. I spent money on fucking activated charcoal bags situated around my house to try and absorb the stink that this asshole emerges my apartment in twice a day for the last two weeks. AGAIN!

My major hangup on this is the guy creeps me out. He has not done anything illegal to me but my gut just screams that he’s not normal. The way he lives…it makes me think he’s got a screw loose and is disgusting.

So! I was wide awake at 1:15 this morning and hit the gym! Now waiting for the sun to come up and walk my girl!

She’s my Valentine LOVE BUTT! :)!!!

Today-
Malibu walk
Stepmill x 20 mins

My car is in the shop so local stuff only today… Not having my car gives me flashbacks to this time last year and being carless! It made me thoughtful , and I threw away a shirt that had a meaning attached to things that make my blood pressure rise and clench my fists in anger!!

Should anyone want to give to their sister, its in the dumpster by my house. Feels great to get that out of my closet!

So what finally happened to your old car?
Can’t believe somebody stole 2busy’s suburban.

I KNOW! Poor 2B!!! I think his fate will likely mirror what happened in my car thief scenario.

For me, last year the thieves drove until they couldn’t start it anymore then just left it in the side of the road. They trashed the computer by trying anything to get it to start by any means possible.

They had replaced the battery with a new -likely stolen - battery in their wild McGuiering and some other mad scientist attempts to get it to start. At some point they drove over a large something that pulled apart bits of the bottom of the engine, likely cement median or a curb. Who knows!

True to exactly what the cops had said was likely to be what would happen, it turned up about 2 weeks later abandoned about 50 miles away. The thieves keep it until it no longer works as a means of transportation.

Geico totaled it out and it (after a massive display of crooked insurance company bullshit!) and Poor Old Das Brute last was seen listed at a police auction 2 months after it was stolen. No idea if anyone purchased it or if it ended up at the junk yard.

Awe… Poor little car.
Hope 2B has better luck.

Me too!

Today- Malibu walk

Maybe more later…or not! I’m hormonal and that’s a mixed bag sometimes for my energy levels.

I AM however enjoying all the amped up grudge match, chest pumping, mind games, soap opera vids online for the Arnold! Like the 1,025 pound deadlifts down by 2 of the guys already!

I’m excited to hear how the women do too, but that will be like 4 weeks after the fact that there might be youtube vids popping up. The big guys have the fans who get those pirated videos FAST.

Today
pull ups x 8
fs 45x5, 135x2, 175, 195 x 5 x 10 sets
stepmill x 17 mins
circuit of:

• t bar oh press from safeties x 10 ( wt unknown) added 10# after first set
  • seated rows x 10 add wt each set up to 115# ( who knows the reality wt on the 24 hour fitness pully thing)
  • triceps x 20- 15 add wt each set up to 70#
  • lat pull downs x 10 add wt each set up to 100#
    did 4 circuits
    at home back extensions x 25 after a FREEZING 10 degree Malibu sniff/morning lil walk around my apartments.

Done! I am pleased with this! For some reason I had no pull up mojo today, but I got SOME in.

Off to work! Dogs and cats and coworkers! A new blood donor kitty too named Badger who is gray and FAT and has the tiniest lil meow ever :D!!!

…incoming video of Badger the Fat?..LOL!

I’m a cat guy. But golden retrievers are so lovable!!! Twice recently, I’ve run into one while strolling around where I live -the dog comes over, you pet it, it gives you the love bump, treats you like it’s known you forever…:heart:

In general, are goldens the friendliest dogs you’ve encountered?