Brute's Book

:D!! Thanks Chicken ! Walking my dog has always most definitely been top tier happiness time for me! Really! Back of the net :wink:

Today
dl’s 65x5, 135, 205, 245, 285, 305, 330, 340, fail at 345- come on! I am stuck in stuckville
315x6, 315x3 x 2 sets, 315x4
rack pulls of various heights between a fraction of below the knee to a fracion above up to 375x3
4 pull ups
bar only oh press x 10, 50# x10
That’s it.

Its a triumph that I got out of bed! Trying a new thingie for my lifting days. I completed the 3 month ish outline I was doing. Now is somewhat no mans land to figure out stuff.

2 Likes

Small victory today with home stuff! I was able to clean and press my tbar!
Have not ever been strong enough to so this, its a bigger tbar at 80 or so pounds.

home stuff
pull ups x set of 9
t bar clean /press the reps x4-5 x 3 sets ss with 5 pull ups

I’m starting to enjoy pressing. A big part of that is figuring out the hand placement I can handle which is the log grip/t bar neutral grip position. I also think its given me a lil oblique action!

2 Likes

Today after her booster vaccine was a lovely Malibu walk.

OH MAN. I am starting to think my lifting days might be reduced to 3/week for a while. Work’s been very busy and I’ve been very tired! No getting up early today!! I was exhausted.

Yesterday I heard some really sad news from a very dear old friend’s family. Sad, and tragic :frowning: It bummed me out and made me feel angry over my own famiy’s rift. They won’t read this so my two older dumb sisters need to stop acting like high schoolers and appreciate what a great family they have. Its like they have had their brains washed.

Instagram diatribes by a woman ( my sister) who is in her 40’s against her parents who are in their 70’s is I suppose the new highschool. I’d like to add that her post is a selfie of her face with a freakin flower added in the background on some stupid filter and a bunch of hastags !! Who IS this woman and what did she do with my sister!!! It makes me ANGRY. No clue where this level of disrespect ever came from. They better stop!

Today
a set of 10 pull ups
log clean once strict press resp 67x3, 82x3, 87x3, 92x3
empty log strict press reps 67# x 10x2 sets, 72#x10,
stone loads 107x3, 140, 167, 205, 220 - only took 2 attempts this time and vid below.

245 ALMOST lapped!!! I got this one on film and I think I was able to get it off the floor again one other time. I limited myself to 10 mins of tryin!
sand bag loads 200# x2 x 3 sets
fs 45x3, 135, 185, 200, 215, 230, 180x10 x 2 sets, 180x7
sand bag carries 150# x 250 feet, x 200 feet
camber bar press bar only (80#) x10 , x9, x5 ss with claw grip rows x 8-10 ss with super man back extensions

WHOA!!! I am very pleased with how the 220 stone loaded as well as that I got the 245 off the floor!! :D!!! Today I put the tacky towel on my forearms and it made a big difference. I’ll take it!

3 Likes

Today
t bar dl x 5 reps carry x 100 feet then dl 5 reps with 237# x total of 6 trips- took about 2 mp3 songs
t bar dl x3 reps carry x33 feet then dl 3 reps x 2 trips with 237#
ssb walking lunges x 50 feet with empty ssb, ssb plus 20#, 40#, 60#, 80#
front loaded ssb walking lunges ssb plus 20# x 50 feet
tried camber bar fs empty x a few<-- this bar means major butt action when you flip it for front squats for WHATEVER reason!
picked up the farmers handles empty ( 43.5#/hand) x 50 feet, 93.5#/hand x 50 feet
circuit of camber bar fs 135# x5 ss farmer’s handle carries 184.5#/hand x 50 feet ss closer grip swiss bar bench 65# x 5-8 x 5 rounds
ss with putting all my other wt’s and bars away!
t bar empty rows (77#) x 2 x 8
Bu-Berry Malibu walk x 3 miles

I am pleased with today! I really was a bit fatigued going in but it went well once the fires were burnin and I started having fun! ;)!

2 Likes

Wow! On the 245! Damn girl!
I hate that you are having family issues. It’s the worst, because you love all of them and yet realize sometimes your family members are assholes!
My sister was pretty bad about that.
Hope they will come to an understanding.

Thanks Chicken! Its a pretty serious riff…the wort part is the disrespect of my parents. Who do NOT deserve it and my stupid brainwashed sisters are doing it publicly, for validation to people who have no idea what the whole story is.

It’d be different if my sisters were teenagers, they are grown adults being so very disrespectful. Pissed me off SO MUCH. As well as this whole fight started over a very serious issue, that this poor kid will have to deal with while everyone else plays High and Mighty. :frowning:

Today
Malibu Walk x 3 miles
stepmill x 20 mins
rope climber c 5 minutes

That rope climber kicks my upper body’s ass. I will add that in another part of the week. I know I need tricep–my triceps are about the size of a slice of lunch meat- work however doing assistance stuff…well…I don’t have a lot of patience! The rope climber for sure is a tricep MUNCHER that I enjoy!

1 Like

Big deal at my house–Malibu slept in my room with me! She did great!

I think she liked it! Today she is just so Happy! I can see it on her face! :)!!! MY GIRL!!!

My shy, gentle, grateful lil girl :)!!!

4 Likes

I watched multiple episodes of Dr. Jeff, Rocky Mountain Vet, last night. He’s in Denver, and his clinic works on all kinds of animals for much less than “normal” vets charge. His clinic does pro bono spaying and neutering for those who can’t afford it, and free care for animal rescue groups who need vet care. Great show!

(plus he never stopped working while undergoing chemo for cancer)

For the most part people in the vet field are pretty good people! Its not a high paying job- maybe $60k a year for a veterinarian ( don’t ask about techs! MUCH less!) and then a lot of student debt, and they are humble ethical folk as you have to be because at the end of the day its a dirty, emotional, very hard job. Its serious medicine and you have to work with a very differant factors then human stuff.

I would prefer vet med over human any day, but for sure they don’t get the credit they deserve!

Today
dead lifts 45x10, 135, 205, 255, 295, 320, 340, 350
280x5 x 3 sets
rack pulls just below the knee 135x3, 225x3, 315x3, 375x3 x 3 sets, 300 x10, x8, x6
sand bag carries 150# x200 feet x 3 trips
camber bar oh press (80-85#) x 5 ss with claw grip rows x 8-10 ss with superman back extensions x 10

COOL! I got outta bed before work! Its easier truthfully because since Malibu’s been so good sleeping in my room ( I know only day 2) I feel a lot less dog mom guilt over crating her whenever I do crate her.

If she keeps it up she will only be in her crate when I am not in the house like she has for the last 2 days. I will never let her free roam my place when I am not home, too protective of a owner for THAT. Sorry!

If she keeps it up this will be our new life! I think she really appreciates it too :)!!!

1 Like

I found this video of me a couple months after Moss’ s surgery when I began muzzle training him while looking for a video of my old clinic.
It’d have been the first couple weeks of training him to except wearing a basket muzzle.

I had filmed it because I was proud and wanted my sister to see how we were progressing. Is it possible that I forgot how BIG my Beautiful Baby Boy was??

I am visably trying to keep my composure, I can tell I am scared in this video. And I remember each step of the way after the terrible post op ordeal just how scared I’d get approaching him with the muzzle.

I log it because I want to remember. Today a coworker who had a similar experience with her dog is facing putting her other dog down. Dogs!!!

So much love and so much heart with their humans…

3 Likes

Malibu is doing great. Night three in my room and this the current status :)!!!

Crossing Fingers she’s such a Good Girl!!! :smile:

2 Likes

What a big, beautiful boy!

1 Like

Awww… she looks pretty comfy to me!

1 Like

NO lifting today, did a set of 10 pull ups last night after a shorter walk- it was too hot to do more.

This afternoon- 3 mile Malibu walk! I found a pressing program I’m going to try. It involved a lot of stuff I NEVER do. I’m going to be sore.

Today
clean once log press strict reps 67x3, 77x3, 87x3, leg drive 97x3
singles of clean and leg drive press 107, 112, 127
clean and press reps 67#x8, 72#x8, leg drive 87# x 8, no leg drive 72# x 8 x 2 sets
clean the log only/no press 107#, 117#, 127#, 137#, clean only reps 107# x5 x 3 sets
fs 45x5, 135, 185, 205, 220, 235
190x5 x 3 sets
camber bar fs bar only ( 80#) x3, 160, 220, 190x5 x3 sets
t bar dl 3 reps, carry 50 feet dl 3 reps, carry 50 feet dl 3 reps with 257# x total of 200 feet worth of distance per trip x 3 trips ( carried 600 feet total, dl’d 18 sets of 3 reps)
camber bar press bar only (80#) x 10
baby log press from racks 35x10, 55x10
back extensions x 20
stepmill x 20 mins
3 Mile Malibu walk!

Compression socks have been a massive success for me to wear on work days! They actually help my knees too. I also recalled why I don’t do many log cleans–they are rough on my lower back! In future I’ll just do singles vs reps. I know I need to work on my clean as it can wear me out before I even get to the pressing part.

I guess I can also do some rowing type stuff.

2 Likes

I saw this and thought of you!

1 Like

THANK YOU! I saw that too!!! Talk about something to brag about! One of 2 woman and one of very small amount of men!

mmmmHmm. :)!

1 Like

Today
a set of 8 pull ups
swiss bar bench empty (35#) x3, 75#x3, 85#x5, 95#x5, 100#x5
swiss bar bench 75#-80# x 10 ss with 5 pull ups x 3 sets
log clean and press- one movement 67x3, 87x3 with leg drive, 97#x3, 107#x3
medley of carry 3 implements 50 feet run back for the next implement x 50 feet with hussafel ( 140#), 150# sand bag, and rigshaw 261#- 349# (added plates between goes) x 3 rounds, a good 90 second rest inbetween at least

sand bag loads 100x5, 150# x 5 x 3 sets, last rep was an amrap x 60 secnds and I only got 6 !! I got slow and careful!

medley one more time with implements above but carried x 100 feet with a turn before switching implements
ssb walkin lunges bar (35#) x 50 feet, 55x50 feet, 75x50 feet, 95x50 feet, 75 x 100 feet
claw grip rows 8-20 reps of various wts
Malibu walk!

Very rarely do my worlds collide but they did today! A lifter friend who had brought her dog into my work months ago for a GDV ( bloat) was at the turbo gym today! I was able to find out that her boy ( dog) is still doing great ! :slight_smile:

I won’t lie. I did brag about her when she showed up at my job to my coworkers. World Record Holder Bencher! Yes, WORLD record holder! WORLDS COLLIDE :wink:

Its still a trip that I have my own network here in Denver. I’ve worked with a lot of people and luckily have been able to stay in touch or at least on good terms with most of them. I don’t have many bad burnt bridges.

I trip out mostly that there are people I’ve known for over a decade running around town. I moved here with my family when I was a junior in high school from California and left family and very young friendships there.

I moved around a bit while I was married, and also for a bit abroad when I was in another relationship. I never made close friends until I started working, and not any that were long term until I got into the vet field.

I mention it because my twin is flirting with moving to St. Louis again and that’s were my Mom’s home town is. She’s there now sending me picture after picture of stuff she loves about the place. They have cheaper housing , etc… I don’t want them to move!! I like it here!!! I know I can manage on my own but its rough being away from family for me and it’d be hard to be apart.

Its not that I see them all the time but having them in the state is a safety net I want to keep. I have learned I need at least one blood relative around in case shit gets real. If I were married then that would be enough too, but as a single lady you need back up who will thrown down for you! They better not move!

3 Likes