Brute's Book

Today
High Fiver 3 mile walk :smiley:
Fs 45x5, 135, 175, 200, 205, 215, 225
195x5, 155x10 x3 sets
Stuffed animal tire flips 170#er x 2 trips, 220#er x 6 trips
Stepmill x 20 min
Glut,e stuff

Wow! How fun does all of that look? Malibu for win!

1 Like

Thanks Chicken! :D!!

Today-- 3 mile Malibu walk

After I drove to the field to see about using my sand bag outdoors and NOPE. They have it all gated up again! BLAH!I drove to another areas and it was out of bounds too. mmfhmf.

Oh well. I am going to my parent’s again today. I have this goal of walking the length of the driveway with my sand bag. Its a WONDERFUL straight, long ass cement driveway that is perfect for carries. Only way is straight ahead!

Its going to be a 1,000 degrees when I am there so I doubt I can get myself to do it when I go down there today for some family time…but we’ll see…Things can get pretty competitive when we get together and decided to do Feats Of Strength! I do doubt it today since it’ll be so hot but who knows.

I am also having a GREAT time welcoming a new f$cking toe curling burning electric frying varicose vein to the surface of my right lateral knee area. MOFO! I hate them! And they sure HURT when they decide to come to the surface!!!

Its full on genetic and job related for me since both my parents have them fairly bad and I stand or am on my feet most of the day at work. My knee sleeves are perfect placement for it though, and having them on today briefly when I was thinking I was going to sand bag train was a real relief. Nurse compression panty hose here I come.

I have busted capillaries and spider veins all over the place. Stretch marks and scars while we’re at it too. I don’t mind, and also that’s what tattoos are for --cover the bad big gnarly bastards up!

1 Like

No sandbag today but we had a Party Instead! Me, a sweet gigantic nephew ( I am 5’8" so he’s gotta be over six foot), a beautiful -soon to be taller then me in a blink of an eye-neice, and the youngest of the grandkids who has a heart of gold and green hair today :smiley: !!!

It was a flash of a visit with everyone but still super nice. My family is having a really rough patch over various things. It’s strange that this collection of kids came to visit with my California sister-- we are some of the more chill personalities out of us all. I think my parents appreciated that easy going group.

My parents are dealing with a lot of grief from misc things, however there are enough of us that there’s at least a few who are always going to be there with easy smiles and happy to eat at their house! I know I am pretty lucky I can say that.!

And my sisters ChiChis in summer dresses :wink:

And My Girl when I got home!

2 Likes

Today
t bar dl’s/carry with 207# x 5 reps*
camber bar oh presses empty (80#) 3 sets of 8, 2 sets of 4 ss with 3 pull ups
claw grip rows x 8-10 ss with super man back extensions
2ish mile Malibu walk

*for the tbar stuff I really lost count of the distance since I just was aiming for some work on them. Most were 5 reps carry x 50 feet, 5 reps carry x 50 feet back. Did a trip of 267# x 5 reps carry, then 5 reps too, I didn’t keep track, it took about 10 mins with stops and breaks.

Turbo gym was packed and that equates to me wanting to flee the minute I walk in. Everyone is always nice and focused on their own stuff there but I am a lone ranger lifter and any amount of congestion really drains my life force. I suppose I could work on having that not be the case but I don’t really have a desire to do that AT ALL!

My dad told me yesterday to make sure I keep sending training vids to my Mom and him and I was shocked thinking ti was training as in lifting! But it was Malibu training! HA!

I prefer keeping my training to myself- except logging of course because you all understand and are able to help. Its very personal!!! Hense globs of fellow lifters being there doing that while I am doing the same throws me way off. Its MUCH better then the glare and flare of the body builder gym I went to for so long though. Not nearly as much neon and spray tans and empty tubberware dishes everywhere.

Question for you front squat queen @brute_fury
I’m having trouble with bar placement pain with my front squats . It seems to keep irritating this one spot on my left near my collar bone . It’s this big red mark now and it distracts me during sets because all I can think of is that pain.
Where do you keep the bar when you front squat so heavy where it doesn’t hurt or choke you in any way ??

1 Like

OH HEY!!! :D!! I personally have incredible long arms, and flexible wrists so I can get away with a clean grip for them. I AGREE when you go super close holding the bar and use your bone structure to support the bar it hurts - as I am kinda light on upper body mass its mostly bone it hits for me and NOT nice firm muscle- but its also is more supportive if you can forget the hurt!

I kinda go back and forth honestly and try and do my best. Here is a GREAT video by Alpha on Tnation ( Brian Alshrue in real life) about different placement ways and general fs tips.

His vids are GREAT and have helped me a ton! He has a lot of them on his channel. One main concept I like is “try it this way, if it doesn’t work for you, do something else”.

I used to get really bogged down and discouraged in trying to have perfect form for stuff…when perfect form does not exist. STUPID form does sure, but nobody’s stuff will be identical to the next guys. Its different for everyone since we are all so different in our lengths and levers etc. Strongman is more that way, just get it done and don’t look like a fool doing it for the most part, but it doesn’t need to be gloriously perfect which is my kinda style.

3 Likes

No lifting since Saturday’s lil deal as I am exhausted. Sleep is more important the last two days. My feet have also been so very tired! I must be stomping them or just wlaking them too hard for carries.

I have been able to get my girl out and do 3 mile walks after work is which is a fabulous! It hasn’t been a 1,000 degrees at 3:30p like it normal has.

Love this thanks for the help!!!

1 Like

I hope it helps Spock!!

Tonight- 3 mile Malibu walk

Will I wake up tomorrow and lift??? I dunno! I can’t seem to catch up on decent sleep this week!

My Sunday workday shift has changed to 4am to 2p for the last 10 weeks or so to help the night shift and it’s thrown me off. It’s only 2 hours earlier but it’s a bastard coming home exhausted after that shift which is my “Monday” and never really making it up. It’s hard -even as early to bed as I am typically am - to fall asleep Saturday night early enough to get adequte sleep. I’m a heavy wt sleeper and require more then I think most. I’ll lay in bed but be twiddling my thumbs.

Might not be a long term thing but its going to be that schedule until they can hire an overnight tech. Which of course means forever.

2 Likes

I did not lift yesterday! I walked my GIRL after work! :D!!

Today was the first lifting of the week and I was jazzed at first, I flunked up a bit so then was frustrated, then I turned it around. I LOVE the redemption workouts! HA HA!!

Today
dl’s 45x10, 155, alll jumbled up number that I didn’t add up because they were kgs. I got up to around 331 but jumped to much and failed THAT.
Start over in #'s 135, 205, 245, 285, 305, 325 felt great, NOPE 350 about 3 times
Added mats under it-- NOPE.
with mats 305x2 ← frustrated, moved on
log clean once strict press reps 67#x5, 77#x3, 87#, leg drive singles 97#, 102#, 112#, 122#
cleans only ( unable to press it up) x 127#
strict press log press reps 67# x 10 x 4 sets
NEW TOY!!! pictures below! /big ol wheel dl’s 135x3, 225x5, 315x7, 315x3

frame carry empty (200#) big grips added to grip x 50 feet x 2 trips
sand bag carries 150# x 370 feet, x 100 feet, x 160 feet
t bar dl’s 227# x 5 carry 50 feet dlx5 carry 50 feet total of 8 trips

Tried db clean and presses for the first real time, got up to 55#'s. Circus DB would be the next step , however they are thicker and bigger and clunkier. I have already seen stuff I can fix just watching this vid.

Found a Viking Press attachment!! And tried it out on the row attachment thinigie

A lil blurb, no clue what the wt even means. Did a ten on it x 10 x a few styles. NICE!!!
3 mile Malibu Walk! YEAHHHHH!!!

I GOT HOT. Its humid in Denver which is beyond bazaar as I typically never sweat and I do NOT like it!!! I think that’s why I’ve been achin too!! Vid is of trip number 8, and I got hot. I promise you I have my compression shorts on and am not only wearing a thermal shirt and knee sleeves!

I have no idea what my dl’s problem is. It doesn’t appear to ever be coming back–I have no idea where it is. I can’t get comfortable in it, I feel like I’ve never dead lifted ever, I’m super loose, I’m all over the place! I really don’t know where to start… ANYWHO. The freaking moisture has my hips, knees, feet, and right glute/hamm tie in area throbbing!!! BLUH!!!

3 Likes

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 185, 195, 205, 215, 225, 230, 235, fail 240
185x5 x 3 sets
clean grip reverse alternating lunges total reps not per laeg 45x8. 95x10 x 2 sets, 115x10 x 2 sets
clean grip bb bulgarians 45x5/leg, 85x5/leg, 95x5/leg
normal bb bularians 115# x 8 /leg x 2 sets
standing oh press barbell only (45#) x 10 x 2 sets
tricep pull downs
step mill x 20 mins
rope climber x 5 mins
3 mile Sweet Cheeks Walk !

This week’s lifting is brought to you by The Prodigy! A new single that has blasted me through my frustration lifting! Give it a chance, it gets good :D!

Another sprig of zest to add to encourage lifting is that tomorrow is Strongest Woman in The World comp in Norway/somewhere Scandinavian. It is going to be live streamed!!! If I can remember I’ll watch it live , if not I can watch it the next day with my girl on my couch!

2 Likes

I love this!
Wow! You went all out with the toys!
Strong as always

1 Like

Thanks Chicken!!! If you know that feeling of lousing up then not so much, I think we all do!! :D!!!

They really do have a ton of stuff at that gym, I’m very lucky!

Today an almost fall like 3 mile walk with my girl! Overcast and in the 60’s which already is burning off…oh but it makes me excited for fall :D! I have a DOG!

I have the stream of yesterday’s stuff from the World’s strongest woman. YEAH, forget a bunch of Hercules Hold! It just keeps getting more and more impossibly hard!

1 Like

It looks like fun!
It was a little cooler here this morning. 70s
102 forecast high, which is WAY better than last week!
Might be good day to mix dome cement :wink:

I have no doubt you will master the Hercules Hold! Unstoppable brute fury!

Ha!! Thanks Chicken ,however that Hercules hold is akin to a midevil torture device!! Nope nope nope!!!

I am much more soft and delicate …as I gush over my wonderful newdog life!

Today after work 3 mile Sweet Cheeks Walk

Look at her!!! :smile:!!! She is loosing her undercoat so I have been brushing her. She likes it a lot! After a good brush session she gets excited and picks up her stuffy very briefly then starts rolling on the rug!!

My girl is blossoming!! :)!! I think she knows she’s home now with her Brute !!!

3 Likes

I don’t even have close to the " fists like bananas" like this guy who’s doing the Hercules Hold!! Ah ha ha!!!

I’ll happily watch on the side lines instead!

Okay, if you say so. But I still think you can do it!

The look on your faces made me think they could have made this whole video with pictures of you and Malibu.