Brute's Book

I personally have had no problems with the heartworms here. They reallynpush preventing them so maybe that’s why.

We have all critters here. Hudley found him some fleas just this weekend! We have all critters here, scorpions, spiders, wasps, snakes, possums, coons, skunks, you name it, we got it…lol

Chicken!!! I forgot about scorpions!!! AHHHH!!! I never encountered them in Texas but we had them in California. …and I hear they had special Scorpion only exterminators in Arizona!!! NO!!! Crazy desert prehistoric creatures are terrifying!

Today
log clean once,strict press resp 67# x 5, 87#x5, leg drive reps 97#, 107#, 117#, got 127# over my head and it stayed there, no lock out!
leg drive reps 97# x 5 x 3 sets
swiss bar bench emon x 10 sets with 35x3, 65x3, 75x3 x 4 sets, 85#x3 x 6 sets
t bar dl x 2 reps then carry x 100 feet 317# x 6 total trips, 300# x 2 trips, 187# x 5 reps dl then carry x 100 feet x 2 trips

Didn’t wanna get up. i went to bed early like I always do because what else is there to do? Work is getting to the BUSY season and yesterday was super busy. I’m in the work/sleep/train repeat eod mode. Pack a lot of hustle into the work days lately so whatever.

Another free pitty was offered at my job. This one though was aggressive for small dogs and kids…no thanks. A beautiful sweet as pie 1 year old dog had an acute spinal injury from playing at the dog park and had to be put down since the surgery was $10,000 and not a guarantee of success.

Last week it was a distemper puppy who the owners tried and spend $5k in 36 hours on it after only owning it for 2 weeks. I walked into the ISO unit first thing on my shift and had to really advocate for this puppy–to be put down because if it doesn’t it’ll die alone, gargling and gasping for breath like it had been all night before i got there…I’ve seen to much!

I can never have an animal that I can’t thinking about x,y, and z happening to because it happens! Heart is on the line every day when you have something you adore and care about. But its better then having nuthin!

1 Like

Today
stone loads 107#x4, 140x3, 167x3, 205
Lapped 220 three times, got it up to my chest only once
Then worked technique on 205 x a total of 10 or so loads- took my time
140 x 15 in about 4 minutes working technique
FS 45x3, 135, 175, 205, 225
180x3 x 5 sets
Claw grip pull downs, seated kinda pinch grip rows, and Superman back extensions ss with each other 3 x 8-15 reps various wts
Stepmill x 20 mins, a bit faster x 3 more mins

The stone loads were good! I guess I just need a lot of time to get really focused for successful loads. The whole stone stuff today took about 30 mins. 220 lapped thrice! And up to chest once. I had to film some and also think it over , each step.

I did however remember the cues of SQUUUUUUEEEZE THE BLOOD outta the stone and finally being the thing that let’s me load it ok. I put some mats down and measured it as a 4 foot high platform with the added pads.

The bigger stone is a mind bender. Once I had it lapped I really had to puzzle out my hand/arm placement the whole time telling myself not to be be crazy and tear a bicep or something. I need to get more technique work, and a lower platform to load that thing.

It still is SO EXCITING! :D!!!

1 Like

Two vids, one of a load, one of a lapped 220. My arms are really long, and I am not sure I am doing the right thing here. I interlace my fingers loading, I gotta stop! It’s not a rear roll up stone load but a quasi fs.

I don’t want to be stupid with these, so according to onsyructional vids I should be power bellying it up. I guess?

My arms are so long I loose a place for them. More watching and learning to figure the best method to not hurt myself.

Or is it not wrong??? Hmmmm…

1 Like

Today
5 mile walk
a set of 8 pull ups
benching 45x3, 75x3, 95x3, 105x3, 115x3, 125
90x15, 90x8 x 2 sets
t bar presses in the rack empty 55# x10 x 4 sets, then emom x 3 reps 75#
rope climber machine x 6 minutes

I heard back from a dog rescue- the only one who’s replied to me and I was accepted. She suggested a Catahula who has been returned to the rescue by it adopter- she says because it is no longer a puppy? - which is a weird story but people are weird and I believe it…anyways…I’m not a huge fan of Catahula’s as a pet for me. HOWEVER I’ll go to the adoption event at the pet store to see the others too and see what happens.

This dog dating is most exhausting! Still haven’t felt the ping of this is the one so until I do the search goes on.

1 Like

Back looks amazing!! You’re solid !

2 Likes

:)!!! Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Today
5 mile walk

I’m off to go on yet another dog dating experience. I don’t think this one will be a winner but who knows. If its not then I’ll stop by the local strongman meet and watch.

This is EXHAUSTING! Very akin to online dating which I never really got into. Also showing up at random shelters cruising for dogs is like going to a club or a bar to meet people I guess? I never went through that phase of cruising for dates so I don’t know but it sure seems that way.

The rescues are a bit like matchmakers though, so hopefully since I heard back from another one- one that is legit and not a bunch of weirdos- and gave them a wish list in a dog I might get lucky.

2 Likes

Good luck! Hope you find him soon!

1 Like

Thanks Chicken!

I had two dog dates yesterday and one went well!

A very different dog then I’ve had before but gave a good first impression. I’m going to find out more but want to adopt. We’ll see!!

Yay! This is terrific news! Got my fingers crossed that all goes well, and you can bring your new “partner in crime” home!

Thank Chicken! I heard back! Crossing fingers but it sounds like a go!

Truly, after deciding I wanted this dog my head felt vastly clear-er. Even if this falls through or is a bust and the dog is a total nightmare- I don’t think it will be! but you NEVER know-- I will never go this long without a dog in my household ever again, as long and it is in my ability to have one I’m doing it.

If this one isn’t a go I’ll get another one!

1 Like

Today
dead lifts 45x8, 135, 185, 225, 265, 300, 315, 340
275x10, 275x5 x 2 sets
fs emom x 3 reps x 10 sets with 145
sand bag carries 150# x 400 feet (distance pr!), x 200 feet
back extensions ss with claw grip rows 4 x 8-10

I was tired today because I stayed awake past my bed time arranging to get my DOG!!! I got her! I pick her up after work Tuesday and hopefully get Wednesday off to welcome her home!!!

She is lovely! Here’s a picture and lil bio :)!!! Her name is not going to Moira, but I don’t know her well enough to have it set yet. She will however of course be a FURY!!! Big nipples and all!!

1 Like

OMG! She is so cute! She looks like a sweet girl. Do you know how old she is? I didn’t see it in the bio.
I agree she needs a better name. I knew a girl that had a pitty that they used for breeding, beautiful dog, but her nippy’s were pretty tragic. She took her for a tummy tuck! I didn’t know they could do that for dogs…lol couldn’t even tell she ever had puppies. ( I don’t believe they were very responsible breeders) Can’t stand the chick, but the dog was awesome.

I was afraid she’d be quite older but she is 3 or 4. Her coloring makes her a bit gray faced, and she actually is a bit blond on her body, just a funky mix!

So excited for you! Today’s the big day!
I hope things go well on your first night together. Can’t imagine any dog not being happy with Brute!

Congratulations! She looks super sweet, likes hikes and just hanging out. Sounds perfect.

1 Like

Thanks Chicken and Scotto!

I SURE hope so! Absolute requirements for me is she’s gotta be ok in her crate while I’m at work and out of the house, and that she isn’t aggressive. So far its going well. She slept the night in her crate and let me know when she had to go- she’s got a bit of stress loose poops.

The first night went well! I was up early just because its new and I left her at home in her crate while I went to the 24 hour fitness by my house for about 40 minutes total time alone in her crate.

I have a nanny cam and watched her the whole time while I was on the stepmill! She pawed a few times briefly at the cage door and sat and watched the door a bit but otherwise was a good QUIET girl!

I can work with a lot–but the crate manners is a must.

Today was stepmill x 20 mins and our first “business” walk together x about 1.8 miles. I’m going to need some training for leash work. She’s not terrible but she pulls a bit. She does pretty well for a former stray who appeared to be unowned for a few years and running loose in Houston!

Lifting is going to be whatever while we adjust, I’m expecting it to be whatever too. I’m going to get out of the house for longer periods while we have our first weekend together to test her out but will stick to being fairly close driving distance away to come home if she’s going banannas in her crate on the nanny cam.

Please wish us luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

DSCN1869OH! Her name is Malibu Francis Fury ! Here’s to her being a chill beach girl couch potato girl !!!

She jumped right in my car :)!!!

3 Likes

Awwww! She looks pretty happy to me! She will have you trained in no time :joy:

1 Like