Brute's Book

Thanks Scott I! It’s freaky how fast they are, you forget your best friend is an animal and can cause a ton of damage.

I agree, it’s not fair for a dog in my life too since I work full time…having a partner to help with their care would be best for a dog. Also my life is very limited for a dog to interact socially with people, it’d be very boring besides tons of walks…I have a lot of reasons so that means I need to wait for the right time.

Thank you Chicken! I think honestly Cane Corsos are a heart breaking breed… A LOT have serious aggression. I had no idea what Mossimo was when I adopted him as a parvo dump ( owners left him in a carrier in my vet clinics parking lot as a very young pup with parvo). They are animals and people’s safety and happiness always should come first.

As for bad people…yeah…I was very relunctant to believe Evil exists and walks amoungst us but I know it does. My ex husbsnd is a an example- no drama in that statement , he was terrible to me any many others.

If I ever talk about abusive people from my past it’s him I refer to, to be crystal clear- NOT ANYONE ELSE. I think I have alluded to him but I want to be clear it’s ONLY this bad ex husband who I ever will say was an abusive person.

1 Like

I completely understand.

1 Like

Today
pull ups a set of 6 with warm ups/glute/hip circle
dead lifts 45x10, 135x2, 185x2, 225x2, 245x2, 265x2, 285x2, 305x2 x 2 sets
fs 45x5, 135x2, 175x2, 195x2, 205x2 x 2 sets
sand bag carries 200# x 135 feet ( might be a distance pr), 200# x 100 x 2 trips, x 50 feet
car dead lift frame setup ( its a tire not a car) empty 5 sets x 10

A nice lifting day!
yesterday morning SUCKED. I woke up with a stress gut. Stress ulcery type pain I used to get when I was doing part time as a second job at my old clinic. Its not my current job that’s bothering me its stupid stress. Its psychosomatic.

Lucky for me I know this from experiencing it in the past and also knew going to work was going to help and not hurt me. I still had to chug pepto a few times and was walking like I was folded in half for a few hours- the dogs don’t really care though! My cowrokers understand as we all have seen each other in some wild situations and we all experiences stress …and as techs know all too much about gi upset. No shame in it just gotta work through as best you can.

1 Like

The stones have mysteriously disappeared from turbo gym. I BET they are laquering them all down with the stupid slick coating!!! Ughhh!!!

Not all the stones were missing though. Today I spotted a new assortment of big hoss ones, about 6 between 330 - 380# I think. They were all laquered up as well. I just found out the gym is hosting a strongman meet in a month so that explains the stones getting all crazy again.

Means I’ll be shit out of luck using bare hands or really limited for warm ups. The slick job they did last year still is way too slippery on the 167#.

Exciting though because it means maybe MORE in-between size stones since someone’s making them at the gym! I will do a drive by at the meet in June, the last meet Brian Shaw showed up! He lives in Colorado Springs I think so it’s totally a suprise.

Iimagine your feeling, at least a bit…

I was once biten by a “street dog” (no owner) at a port. I was trying to pick up my belongings from a container arriving from another country I used to live, and silently a dog attack me from behind bitting me in the leg (biceps femoral). It was a small-medium dog, but literaly it was hanging from my leg for a couple of seconds and run away…Attacked me with no reason, I didn´t event saw it at all. When that happened, when he bite me, I thought I was caught by one of these “cars that transport boxes” from behind, because there were a lot of them around coming and going,

https://i1.wp.com/lagacetadealmeria.es/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Fines-carretillera-escuela-mármol.jpg?fit=800%2C600

but I turned around and there it was the dog hanging from my leg. It was very hard and painful, a sensation I never had. After that there was a long incredible story to catch the street dog…(not necesary to be told), But I told you all this because, for years after that, maybe almost ten years,I was very cautios (inside, but not doing anything outside with my body - adrenaline?) when I was crossing a dog in a street, and they could probably feel it / smell it, because EVERY dog started barking like crazy at me, something never happened to me before the incident…And I had dogs all my life (had a farm). No dog I ever had was agressive, on the contrary, All Collies and some German Shepherd. Collies were always more interested in playing than the shepherd, but still both very friendly dogs (had over ten for sure during the years).

1 Like

trtoldman! YES!!! That is so true! I totally get it about feeling anxious inside around dogs and they DO sense it! It makes it that much worse!

I have the same sensation when I see certain types of dogs- bully breeds mostly- pit bulls, mastiffs, any dog really that resembles even remotely my old dogs really.
They were my preferred breed …before I experienced how much damage they could cause. And you are so right, even the most sweet natured dog who does not show any signs of wanting to bite me, sometimes I freak out and see it turning bad and they DO pick up on it. Its a dangerous cascade!

A real test for me at times since my dog attack at work just doing my job. I’ll see a dog I have to pill ( stuff pills down their throat, dogs often don’t eat pills at my work) or pretty much anything sometimes I can get very nervous, heart racing, etc. When its bad I’ll start to shake.

I used to be the tech people went to to handle the big aggressive dogs too because I had a way with them! I worked with the police dogs when they were in the hospital. And people will give you grief about it too, telling stories of how this dog wouldn’t hurt a fly…but it CAN.

That would be terrifying to be attacked from behind! MY GOD! And painful! Dogs are wonderful but they can do a ton of damage. FAST.

Today
log clean press for reps 67#x5, 77#x5, 82# x 5 x 3 sets
t bar carries 267# x total of 1,000 feet- set down the bar about every 100 feet to regrip, not a great grip day
sand bag carries 150# x 100 feet x 8 trips
tried some keg carries 100# x 50 feet, 150# x 50 feet
cool pull downs with fancy grip thing!

1 Like

Today
dead lifts 45x5, 135, 185, 225, 250, 285, 300
225x15,225 x10 x 4 sets
fs 45x5, 135x5, 155x10 x 5 sets
hlr’s 5 x 10
misc bar only ohs x 10
stepmill x 20 mins, then FAST for 3 mins

AND a day of LOAD and CARRY at my parents! HA HA I helped move a bunch of furniture out of and around the house so they can replace the flooring.

AND I helped my sister replace a fuel pump on my dad’s big truck- total strong man move - holding up the bed of the truck on one side while she futzed about. Like a Viking Press , about time I can be useful! HA HA!!!

Its my other sister’s birthday today, and I think she had a great one! It feels like summer big time, as in long drives cruising when the sun’s going down with the windows down- that special summer lighting and all.

1 Like

Today
stepmill x 20 mins
glute stuff ( bw) x 100 reps exercise ( donkey kicks, clams, extensions, other misc stuff)
3 x 10 push ups

Lum kisses too to report yesterday- my parents Newfie :slight_smile: Also some Chihuahuas in hats!!
20180510_153441|172x500

Awww… puppy kisses :heart_eyes:
One of my peeps lost their beagle a few months ago. They got a new one, so I get puppy kisses too!

1 Like

CHICKEN!!! I love those kinda benefits too ! :slight_smile:

Today
Pull ups x10, push ups x10
Swiss bar bench 75x10, 85x5 x5 sets
ss with pull ups 6,5,4,3
ssb walking lunges bar plus 50# x 100 feet x 2 trips
sandbag carries 150# bag x a few misc runs, longest run was 200#, maybe did 400 feet total for all runs
Tried some gymnast leg raises- hard!
Cable rows 5x10 with fancy thing for gripping it
Pull down 5x sets ranging 10 repsfor lighter then 3-5 heavier the idea to get that fancy attachment to work my claw crushing hand muscles a bit

Some old video of a strongwoman contest from 2004 has a bazaar log pull/push tug of war in it. its at 11:57. YEAHHHH!! Also they didn’t do stone loads, they did safes or some other type of wierd box. WOOOHOOOO!

2 Likes

The stones are back at turbo gum and they have been polished and laquered and are SLICK :frowning: I’ll use what tacky towels I have left then might reconsider switching to sandbags for loading type stuff.

I am way too cheap to spend $$$ for tacky towels to only be able to grip a 100# stone!!

They are ridiculously slick!! I’m not interested in using the real tacky either, tacky towel is as far as I’ll go and even then I feel it’s a waste to use for lighter stones!

1 Like

Actually, now you know me and know this has not any other intention, that was my thought when I started reading your posts.

I explain:

Once I was in Tampa for a week and used to have breakfast at a great place (cheap with great food). In front of this restaurant was a huge or at least middle size “moving company” (at least I call them like that, a company with trucks and people that do the moving thing for you when you change address/location).

Everytime, when I was having breakfast, a bunch of the workers used to come in, and a good percentage were huge bodybuilders, something I haven¨t seen in other countries, but sounds completly logical to me, given the higher percentage of BB in USA.

That is a line of work I see you doing, you can concentrate 2 in 1, at least partially.

Pretty sure they already mentioned this, but anyhow… Don´t take it bad, I´m amazed at your performance and really admitre it!

Best regards!

1 Like

HA HA!!! I do get what your saying trtoldman!!! And you’re right! I do love moving stuff! It’s very satisfying!!! Ha ha ha!!!

I made sure to tell my buddy who’s moving out of the state to call if he needs help moving, and for sure am helping haul all my parents stuff back in too once the floor is done.

My friend just moved into my apartment complex too, I offered to help…it works out too because I like to see (spy!) in other people’s houses… :wink:

1 Like

Just for the record, and to show you I didn´t make up this story, the place was in Brandon, a suburb East of Tampa, and the restaurant it´s not any longer there (I was in 2004) but was called “Buddy Freddy¨s”, not to far from Brandon´s Mall (on that side of the city of Brandon)

Best!

Great video, these women are amazing, but they lift stones at 33:07, or do you mean something else?

trtoldman!! HA HA!! I probably mixed up the videos then, one had a weird safe load event! I had spent the day before watching a few strong woman contests, there’s actually a handful in YouTube to watch. Most of them are from the early 2000’s.

I am feeling …annoyed. I can’t tell if the weight I’ve put on is good or bad. I can’t trust my mind at all, or my eyes. Since the beginning of the year I started changing my eating behaviors and cut a lot of walking out in hopes of filling out in a good way.

It’s annoying. I have a dysmorphic concept of my body big time. Last week it felt like my legs shrunk, this week it’s the opposite. I know by now in my life experiences it really does not matter, I’m healthy.

It’s just another facet of my self esteem that is being kicked around again by me comparing myself to another me who is no longer around!

That is a real vice of mine, comparing myself to myself in the past. There’s a reason I have changed! Life goes on Brutie! I have other things to be proud of that mean a lot more.

2 Likes

Today
Dead lifts 45x5, 135x3,185x3, 225, 255, 275x4 x4 sets
Fs 45x3, 135, 170, 190x4 x4 sets
Sand bag carries 200# x 70 feet, x100 feet
Belt squats 4x10 most wt on it 280#

THEN, a another stupid morning of psychosomatic dizziness and anxiousness. I nearly called out of work but made it since being home won’t make it better. I won’t do this stay in bed all day shit-- which is what I want to do but have been able to avoid.

Fist in the face! At least today I’ve gotten over the hump and am just angry about it. It will pass, until then whatever!!!

1 Like

In the mean time , I came to work to be greeted by a basket of Frenchie puppies :heart_eyes: There are a LOT of good things about my current life. This depression episode will go away. 20180514_055826

20180514_055759

4 Likes