Brute's Book

Forgot to add this, as the reason for the above post.
Plenty of info on here as always.
Z.

Thanks Z, I’ll check them out. BB gym actually got a new ghr ( number 4 since I’ve been a member for about 4 years, all the others busted up and were cheap). This is a nicer one and I did try it today making sure I was ginger on my hammies and I was able to do a few.

Today after work- not my favorite time to lift but I couldn’t get out of bed this morning to go before.

FS 45x10, 150x8, 175x6, 195x4
anderson zerchers 160x10, 185x8, 215x6
bb bulgarians 100x8/leg, 115x6/leg, 130x4/leg
clean grip reverse alternating lunges reps/leg 85x8, 115x6, 130x4
zercher lunges 45x10/leg, 95x8/leg
big log technique work, clean to rack position x5
ghrs x 5, back extensions

yesterday 3.8 mile walk and total of 170 push ups

1 Like

Today
dead lifts 45x20, 155x8, 235x8, 265x4, 300x2 ss with kb swings
stone loads- did 107# x 10 x 3 sets since they sprayed the stones all slick >:( Whatever! Now the stones I use normally that were just concrete had a slick surface and I can’t use them! UGH. I will figure it out …
frame dead lifts frame (200#) x8, 300x8, 340x6, 380x4 then carried it 50 feet, 400x2 then carry for 50 feet
husafel stone (140#) x 50 feet, 165# x 50 feet, 185# x 50 feet.
Put it on a box and did 195# x not sure how far, then pick up only off the box 200#

Video below of the 195# husafel
7 mile walk
total of 170 push ups

I’m REALLY looking forward to the city opening up my field again. its getting remodeled and who knows if I will be able to use it like I did before but I;d sure like to. I do miss the longer outdoor carries.

1 Like
1 Like

Today
fs 45x5, 140x10, 160x8, 185x6, 205x4, 225
box fs 140x10, 160x8, 185x8, 205x4, 225 x2
ssb fs 140x8, 160x8, 185x6, 205x4, 225x2
box ssb 140x8, 160x8, 205x4, 225x2
ssb in the fs position for bulgarians 75x8/leg, 95/5/ leg
pull ups 10, 6, 4
wt’d vets walk (50#) 3.8 miles
total of 170 push ups
and some glute stuff at home.

A nice bb gym fs day, which is my preferred spot for squats. Its helpful for me to have that mirror to watch my knees constantly to keep them on the decent form track.

I will keep my log work going just not sure when. BB gym has the big log so that’ll work!

1 Like

Google strongman tacky

Scotto! I did do that! I have purchased some…but I am afraid to use it. I am pretty sure my gym re-surfaced all the stones in preparation for a strong man event they are having in a month or so. I don’t want to get kicked out of my gym using tacky when its not allowed!

However, I did see they permit in the contest a tacky towel which I’ve looked up and ordered too and will see how that goes.I will try the tacky at my moms house first just to see how it is since they have goo-gone and my sister can help me not get it everywhere since.

I’ve only read horror stories of how bad it is. BUT as I type remind myself that I am pretty familiar with sterile technique from my job which is basically “you can’t touch anything”/ the floor is lava" kinda mindset to keep a sterile field.

Today 6.5 mile walk

1 Like

I’m so fascinated with anyone’s ability to front squat. I’m pretty sure I have the world’s shortest arms, and I struggle so much to even get the bar to stay near my clavicle.

1 Like

How many gyms do you belong to? Is it because they have different types of equipment?

I developed patellar tendonitis in my knee, I think partly from the valgus collapse thing. I got the hip circle that Mark Bell makes and I love it. The width of the thing really gives my knee something I can feel to push against to fight that collapse, and it has really helped.

Plus this protocol: 8 Minutes to Awesome

Planetcybertron! Thanks for poppin in! I cannot do back squats anymore due to an injury, so I had to switch to something else years ago o get my fix. This vid actually has a few tips for rack position/grip that might work for you! I really like his stuff, great vids!

Funny you say that punnyguy, I’ve thought of giving that hip circle a try! I think it would help for many things, thanks for the suggestion!

Today
dead lifts 45x15, 135x8, 215x8, 260x6, 280x4
t bar carries 354# x 100 feet x 4 trips
t bar dl’s 267# x 8, 307# x6, 327#x4
log clean and press 67#log x 8
log press only 87#x6, 97#x3
clean and press 87#x3
back extensions
reverse hyper bw stuff

Everything is popping lately-my joints. The collagen stuff might be working? I don’t know but stuff I’ve not had pop in years suddenly is. It doesn’t feel bad at all but all I know is stuff is popping, not in a painful way just a loud one!

2 Likes

More trouble getting out of bed before work, couldn’t do itt–this is not normal for me! But its ok. I think my body just needs some more rest. I lifted after work today just a touch and that was enough for me.

Today
fs 45x10, 140x10, 160x8, 185x6, 210 x 3, 225
anderson zerchers 135x6, 175x6, 200x4, 225x2
3 mile walk, 3 mile walk after work yesterday too.

1 Like

Today
dead lifts 45x20, 135x8, 185x8, 215x8, 245x6, 280x6
frame dead lifts empty(200#) x 8, 320x6, 360x4, 400x2 then carry 50 feet x 3 trips
farmer’s handle carries 112#/arm x 50 feet, 132# x 50’, 152# x50’, 172 x50 feet, 195# x 50’, 202# x 10 ish feet
sand bag load to chest 10# x 10, 150# x5
prowler 90# low handle pull x 50 feet, push back x 50 feet x 5 trips each
push ups with 20# wt vest 2 sets of 10

1 Like

Today
fs 45x5, 135x6, 160x6, 185x4, 205x4, 225x2, 235
clean grip reverse alternating lunges total reps 85# x20, 105# x16, 125# x 12, 145x10
mp’a 45x10, 65x10, 75x8, 80x6, 90x4
barbell bulgarians 90# x 10/leg, 110x 8, 1norm20x6, 140x4
push ups 2 sets of 10 with 20# wt’d vest
wt’d vets walk 50# x 4 miles
normal walk x 3.6 miles

I have a few non lifting goals that I am working on, a big one is I need to get out of my head a bit.

There are tons of stuff going on around me that is much richer to think about then whatever same ol’ repetitive self talking/down in the basement gears and cogs that are thunking and not threading right in my brain.

I am a lucky person, I won’t be this healthy and young forever but I also work hard, I have earned where I am. No need to walk around circling the drain of despair for not living up to my own wild self expectations. Normally I can talk myself out of this, I have for years pretty easily. I need to dust off those tools that worked before.

1 Like

Today- 6.5 mile walk
Spotted by BB gym just because
did lil things- 3 x 8 ghr
pull ups 10, 2 sets of 4
tried a leg press

I used to LOVE the leg press but had to stop due to no-no-badness back pain. this thing at bb gym look a bit more back friendly so I gave it a go without any wt’s on it. Its a “linear leg press”.

I would love to do leg presses again, I will try this one again and slow add lil wt’s. Today I did it unloaded x10, x15, x20.

My other turbo gym has a belt squat type machine but that thing is painful for me how it yanks down on my pelvis and not going to work with my healing up hamstring.

push ups 2 sets of 10 with 20# wt vest

2 Likes

Not Advise Warning

I’ve used the Belt SQ machine for pull-throughs/ RDL type monements; works and feels great. You don’t need a lot of range of motion to feel it either.
Good for hamstring/ lower back work; add weight as needed.

Thanks Z, I have seen it used for a row too. I’ll have to check it out

Today
dead lifts 45x10, 135x6, 185x6, 230x6, 265x4, 300x4
t bar carries 364#x100 feet x 2 trips, 344# x 10 feet x 2 trips
t bar dead lifts 237x8, 277x6, 307x4
stone loads 107# x 8, 130# x6, 167 stone still too slippery- I tried a tacky towel someone had left there and still no go, just way to slippery
pull ups x8

I keep saying it, and it won’t go away. This fucking black tide of sadness and despair. Its showing up, I know what it’ll feel like until it goes away and I dread that I’ll loose control not paying attention to how I react to it. I can do it but FUCK this.

I don’t want to get out of bed for lifting which is very uncharacteristic, my face is just drawn and it feels like a total fake smiling.

I keep saying to myself I have so much to be thankful for and I do and I believe it but I also cannot lie and say this fucking curtain of despair isn’t there, I log it because I remember years ago doing the same thing and it helped. At least the getting it out.

My sister is coming to town. She’s been through many surgeries, chemo treatments, etc for years with a melanoma from sun exposure that metastasized to her lymh nodes. She’s been told more then a few times she won’t make it or given 5 months etc here and there to live, that she might have mets in her brain…etc. Even with all this she still struggles with an eating disorder. She’s confided to me years ago-- because at least everyone knows about mine in my family- and asked to keep it between us and I am honoring it, she has so many other things to deal with and this fucking bastard shit of messed eating/body complex/ that hangs on just shows up and take over a lot. She struggles, but this messed up thing is a way for her to control what she can control and I completely understand and don’t fault her for it for a minute.

My sadness isn’t about her, I mention it just for a way to get it out of my head for me. Maybe it’ll help. I know this is temporary. It will pass. UGHHHHHHHHHHH.

2 Likes

Just want you to know that I’m thinking about you. Hang in there. Hope to see you soon.

1 Like

I am sorry to hear you are feeling down. I hope that passes soon. You are in my thoughts. I really enjoy your log

1 Like

Thank you Snap, I hope to see you too.

Thanks HKD, I really appreciate it.

Today
fs 45x5, 15-x8, 175x6, 200x4
bb bulgarins 90# x 10/leg, 105# x 8/leg, 120# x 6/leg
wide stnace zerchers 45x10, 70# x10, 90#x10, 110# x 10
ghr’s 3 sets of 8
linear leg press plus 20# x a set of 20
1 3 finger grip pull up- My pointer finger have become a grip hindrance.

I have a particular callous/at times open callous on my left hand pointer finger from carries that can really cause an issue and for some reason its on only my left hand. I want to do pull ups so I’m trying to learn them the rock climber way of less fingers for grip, why not?

yesterday push ups with a 20# vest 15, 10, 5

Work has become a war zone. Personalities, stupid conflict over stuff that shouldn’t ever be an issue. TONS of negativity when there really is nothing to be so pissed off about and a LOT to be thankful for. Its just other people feeling the need to put others down for their own whatever personal worth ego shit… I think that’s part of my bummer wave. I would not mind if a few people I once enjoyed got fired.

Well at least not helping it. However it shows me that everyone’s got their shit. I am not alone and that helps to think about fellow commiserates even if they manage theirs in a bad way its a reminder for me not to. I will not let it get the that level of long term asshole-itis to everyone around. Crying is ok-- but being mean is NOT. I can softly share my feelings and not be a total prick.

Thank god for Thanksgiving! I’ll be spending it with my family and hopefully recharging a bit. It’ll help too to unload some of my stuff on them, they’ll understand, and I might also be able to borrow a spare chihuahua for a night :wink:

2 Likes

Hey Brute.
I understand.

We must be synced up or something, but I’m going through the exact same thing you are. I don’t have a sister, but I’ve dealt with someone being very sick, and I understand.

This weight loss is almost turning into a catalyst for me to delve back into my old ways.

Sometimes it feels like that sick, grayish looking version of me follows me everywhere, and whispers small little temptations in my ear. Touches my shoulders to explain how recovery, is bullshit. How much more easier it would be to handle things my own way, how no one could tell me what to do, because no one would be the wiser.

I’ve been having gnarly bouts of depression myself, and it’s just a giant pool for my former sickly self to just wallow and fester in, and latch onto any reasoning I try to provide for myself.

I’ve been feeling a bit better. Although it comes in waves. But you got this. WE have this.