Brute's Book

Elk meatballs, and pool noodles; this thread has everything:)

Put up a vid of that Belt SQ thing. I post in the O35 section, under denver z-man btw.

Also, did some ‘heavy’ carries…not Brute heavy, but heavy-ish none the less:)

Thanks for the inspiration!!

Z! I’m glad you’ve dipped into the carries!..come to our side, we have heavy, awkward, hard, questionable objects to hoist and hold and run about with.You’re never alone when you walk with a wt’d friend.

I saw your video too! I’m going to try that belt squat maybe Wednesday.

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 200, 215, 230
205x7, 215x2, 225
205x5, 215x2, 225
205x4, 210x3, 215x2, 225
pull ups 10, 8, 7

I’m in an odd mood, kinda emotional but also ready to throw some elbows. My mind was a thousand years away today for the lifts but I’m happy I got that done at least.

The final exercise Max is showing Vanessa is the belt squat. This exercise is used a tremendous amount in Max’s programs for development of the quadriceps. The exercise should be done with the knee pushed over the toe and held in place as the lifter drives up from the bottom. The lifter should not sit back while doing this as it will only make the exercise less effective. These are best done for higher repetitions and multiple sets.

Clipped this from a JTS video; short and to the point regarding our new Belt SQ platform. With your Front SQ prowess, development is certainly not lacking; might be a fun, effective alternative/accessory lift to use now and then.

I’m hosting the 1st annual Belt Squat and Waffles day soon; details pending, but I’ll keep you informed.

And if elbow are ever thrown, video must be presented :slight_smile:
Z

Here you go:))

:D!!! Thanks Z!! That makes sense but MAN. I was hoping that fancy dodad squat belt machine would be something I could do for hamstring/glute action. Those are things I feel I am short on. Hmmm. I’ll still try it out!!

Idaho!! HA!!! GAHHHHHHHH! No elbows thrown yesterday but I now I know WHAT’S UP. HA HA!!! :D!!

Today was just a real piddly thing.
dead lifts 45x12, 135, 225- hook grip, 305, 355 fail, uh oh so I did get 335.
pull ups 9
t bar rows 55# on the apparatus x20, 65x15, 75x10, 85x10

Just a mess! I forgot what my wt set up was supposed to be and the warm up lifts were spread out to long since I couldn’t get my act together. oh well. I had a good lifting week last week so this one might just be subpar which is fine.

I did do a total of 50 pull ups yesterday. My left bicep insertion kinda feels stretched. I might need to lay off the pull up volume or be less of a dead hanger on the bottom portion of my pull ups. I’m going with less dead hang, more slow movement.

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 200,215, 230
205x8, 215x2, 225
205x5, 215x3, 225
205x4, 215x2, 225
clean grip reverse alternating lunges total reps not per leg 95# x15, 115x15, 135x15, 155x10, 175x4, 165x5
back extensions x 75

That’s it for a pretty niffty lifting day! I did pull ups yesterday–changed my grip to wide almost neutral grip and slowed the tempo. I do believe I need to reduce my volume at least temporarily for my left bicep/tendon area. No tears allowed! I need those parts!!

I suppose I can do some push ups today… Those are killers again!!! HA HA! Tough bastards are unforgiving. Once this year I could do a set of 30 odd now 5 kill my ass and I look like a complete redfaced vein poppin weakling all 5 reps!

Today
Tbar carries 347# x 33 meters (108 feet) no stops, x20 meters, x7 meters.
Then I got my act together and put chalk on my hands which really helped and did:
347# x33 meters x 6 trips no stop per 33 meters
Clean up to overhead carry 120# x 66 meters no stop x 2 trips
Lady log press from safeties (wt of log either 35-40#) plus 30# 4 sets of 8, 50# on log x 2 sets of 3 push press/push jerk
Tried belt squat! Did wide stance x 2 sets of 20 w/45# on each side
Pull thrus 2 sets if 25

1 Like

I am SORE!!! Hamstrings are on high alert!

I took that as an indication that I needed to move and circulate but only realized this as I was driving to turbo gym, so flipped a u turn and did cardio instead at bb gym and walked a bit. Lifting today would have been pointless.

Cardio- elliptical
Mossi walk - 2 miles
Walk on my own on the trail behind my house- 2 some odd miles

Its going to be super cold tomorrow and I’m lucky I got Moss out today andd I even sneaked him in a lil bubble bath. The first decent morning of over 23 degrees–it was 47 today at 4am- in a few weeks but by Saturday subzero moves in and we’re on apartment lock down.

1 Like

SNOW DUMP. COLD AS ALL GET OUT!!!

I trekked to the bb gym for cardio today since I had to get out of the house anyways. I did the elliptical to loosen and circulate then the bike to flush out my legs a bit more. My hamstrings are just now getting back to normal.

Also did a set of 6 wimpy push ups. My bicep tendon/left elbow area feels good so pull ups will be back monday.

1 Like

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 200, 220, 235
205x8, 215x3, 225
205x6, 215x3, 225
205x4, 210x3, 215x2, 225
pull ups 8, 5, 4
push ups 9, 6, 5

Squat felt super compact and tight! A good thing! 235 felt good and nearly went for more but held off. Pull ups are ok, elbows a bit alarmed but its fine I guess…now push ups begin.

I can start saying I’ll do this and that but I dunno. All I know is that I’ll be doing them probably with the pull ups daily or near daily.

For me daily tasks are easier to achieve then long term goals–I’ve got a real drive to complete chores before allowing myself treats even if the treat is a just a shower. All chores must be done before I can really truly enjoy anything.

1 Like

[quote=“brute_fury, post:570, topic:210950”]
“Squat felt super compact and tight! A good thing! 235 felt good”

****Dang Brute, strong as always.

“All chores must be done before I can really truly enjoy anything.”

****Like, heavy lifting and carries, followed by pancakes and breakfast meats…?? (an adoring fan included:)

:D!!! Thanks Z!!! Its on for thursday! I’ll wear sunglasses for the daydweelers…:D!!!

Today
dead lifts hook grip 45x12, 135, 225, mixed 315, 340
t bar rows 45 on the machine x25, 65 x20, 90 x15,- neutral grip, 100x5
these ss with dl 315 singles x 4 singles
also some machine row do dads
some hook grip 225 dl, a set of snatch grip dl’s 135x8

I’m taking all these cues I’ve picked up and trying to get my dead lift organized. This week’s cues were lat activation and ab it out, push the floor…I’m just clunky on that lift and lately its on the back side of other things I enjoy more.

Also did some more pull up/push ups last night- pull ups x 9, push ups a set of 10

1 Like

Called in to help overnight at my job last nigth but I did lift today. Just took a while to get to posting it. Nothing special but not bad.

Today was FS
45x5,135, 200, 220, 235
205x6, 215x2, 225
205x4, 215x2, 225
205x4, 215x2, 225
clean grip reverse alternating lunges total reps not per leg 95x20, 115x15, 135x15, 155x10, 165x4

a set of 15 push ups.

1 Like

Today I trained with Z for a bit at Turbo Gym…I tried to me a normal… but I can’t…I just have to do carries! I get anxious if I don’t! This was a bit unorganized but I think this is what i did.

dead lifts hook grip 45x12, 135, 225, mixed 315, 325
tbar carries 347# x 5 total trips of 33 meters
over head clean up then oh carry 120# x 15 meters
ssb walking lunges x 61 meters
oh bar only walking lunges x 30 meters
farmer’s handle carries 152#/arm x 5 trips of 33 meters, 162/arm x 15 meters, 172/arm x 15 meters <–might be a pr
tried out some db pull overs and I need to out some more
back extensions

A fun mish mashy day! Z is very focused and has great form on dead lifts. I was twirling around doing my thing. Pretty sweet in my book

1 Like

Today
farmers handle carries 162#/ arm x 33 meters x 4 trips ← this is a distance pr at that wt
clean up and oh carry 120# x 66 meters x 2 trips
yoke carry clean grip empty (185#) x 33 meters, 225#x 33 meters, 265x 33 meters, 305x 16 meters
pull ups<- trying to be strict, no swing so they were slow and low rep 6, 4, 4
lady log press only empty log (34-45#) x20
tried some glute kick backs using the reverse hyper #/side x 8, 25/ s x 8, 50x8, 65 x 8
back extensions

I tried out a Velcro oly belt that was at turbo gym. I do like those! I used it on the last yoke walk. Also tried some keg loads. Awkward but I just did a 50# and a 75# up on this platform thing they have there. I used velcro belt for that too, I was tyring to have them be a more simulated atlas stone idea for heaving it up.

1 Like

Here’s wobbly and slow 305. Screw the yoke on your back! Clean grip hense forth.

Also just did a set of 16 push ups

1 Like

Today I was going to go to bb gym for cardio but it wasn’t too cold out so I walked the trail behind my apartments.

I busted out my wt’d vest for it HA H! I haven’t used that thing in a good 7 years plus but figured why not today. Its a 20 pound cheapo gold’s gym Walmart special but hey, why not. It not a long trail, around 2 miles or so.

Also did a set of 10 pull ups

Yesterday did a total of 24 push ups. I’m flirting with every other day push /pull home stuff to keep me tasked. I don’t want to loose any pull up power but I know I need to cut the volume when my tendon complains, this might help me on both sides.

Fatigued yesterday afternoon pretty bad with some mild GI distress but I feel much better today. Its Christmas EVE! I have so much to be thankful for!!! So much :slight_smile:

:D!!!

1 Like

Dang, that is one fine looking…crazy carry thing:)

Pretty sweet indeed. I was hoping to actually LIFT together, but alas, she is Brute Fury: “you cannot control her, you can only hope to contain her”.

Z.

:D!!! Thanks Z! I’ll get better at that yoke! I have no idea why it took me so long to try it with a clean grip! Now that’s my style! No monkeys, bars, or yokes on my back.

Normal gym is closed until 7am today for people who don’t live in the 24 hour world. BUT! That’s ok because I have Turbo Gym as an option anytime! Got up early birdie to lift.

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 200, 220, 230
205x8, 215x3, 225
205x5, 215x3, 225x2
205x3, 210x3, 215x3, 225
pull ups- trying to be strict but there’s some swing I see 6, 4, 5
farmer’s handle carries 112#/arm x 66 meters no stop x 2 trips

1 Like

Sure, sure I get it. You can Front SQ alone, at 330am, but you can’t do ONE set of DL’s with me…On My B-Day??? This girl, I tell ya…this girl…

Oh btw, nice F-Sq’s.