Brute's Book

Today
pull ups 9, 7, sets of 5 -8 for a total of 50

Body said let’s get up early! So I did and did my pull ups waiting for the sun to rise so I can safely walk. It’ll be a bit still until I can take Moss with me but were chugging along on our rehab.

So far about a total of 1.5 miles a day divided into 3 or 4 walks for my pooper. He LOVES it. I LOVE IT. :)!!!

1 Like

I slept in today! Perfect!

Today
Fs 45x8, 135, 195
205x5 x5 sets
215x2 x3 sets
Pull ups so far 5 sets of 5 and some wannabee L’s

This is the last time I’ll do these back extensions with heavy wt 90#x10 x 2 sets. I think it angers an old left sided back/upper glute injury. Hense extensions will be bw or up to 45# or so.

The fs were tough. I am so behind but at least they are there!

1 Like

Today
deadlifts 45x9, 135, 205, 285
310x4, 310x3 x 3 sets, 315x2
pull ups 9, 2 sets of 7, 6

I need to reset my deadlift percentages for my Leg Refill Strunght Tour thing. I’ll drop the wt and redo this weeks assignment next week. I was supposed to do 5x5 but 310 was too heavy for me to do it. SO I’ll fix it.

I went to see Snap and Eric and my DVM buddy at their meet and they were FABULOUS!!! Everyone did so well!! PR’s I got to see and cheer on!

It was most thrilling as well to sit and hear major powerlifting gossip mmmHMMM. :)!!! And I walked out with about 7 free bb cocaine drinks. I mean pre workouts drinks. SCORE!!! I’m really glad I went :D!!!

1 Like

I hope seeing you was not a once-every-five-year event moving forward.

And I fear I was the cause of the PLing gossip. Just trying to sort out some issues . . . LOL!

1 Like

:D!!! Karen!! Oh I have no clue who anyone was but its fun just seeing everyones expressions!! Ha ha!!! The judge cracked me up with his stories!!

Today
Fs 45x5, 135, 195
200x2 x 6 sets
210x2 x 3 sets
220, 225
Pull ups 11
T bar rows 45x8, 65x8, 85x8, 90 x5

Did home stuff yestetday too. Total of 50 pull ups and bw back extensions

Picked up some of those drinks too…still waiting to try.

Thanks for all the support and good cheers.

I see training and pancakes in our future…
Z.

:

Well if you like them Z , I HAVE PLENTY!!! If you’re in my neighborhood ever and need energy text me and I’ll help you out!!

I will not pass up free stuff. Even if drinking it will peal my teeth off or give me Niacin red arms!!! :D!!!

The last two days were wild early am shifts at my clinic. Weds 2am to noon, and last night I pulled a half overnight shift of 2-7am. I am beginning to like my strange who-knows-if I’ll get called in -and I have no obligation to go in-Thursday’s. I get a bonus to do it each time so it is $$$! Also the gym day afterwards after I get a nap in on these weird shifts I give myself no expectations at all for performance and sometimes it goes well.

Today was one of those party days, I did stuff I never do and it was fu

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 195, 2015, 225, 200x5

dead lifts 45x5, 135, 205, 275, 315, belted up since I felt a bit tired 345. I want to learn to use this belt.
off mats at about 1/4 shin height beltless 315, 335, no go belted 355

Tried some squat stance dead lifts 225, 245, 275, 295, 315, nope on 335–I’m going to try these again and film my form so I can see if I am doing them right.

ssb squats bar x 5, if the bar wt’s is 45 ( I think it is more) then 95x3, 135, 185
some ssb lunges just the bar

pull ups- 12, 2 sets of 9, 8, misc sets of 2-6 different widths for a total of 50 all together
wanna be L pull ups 4 sets of “3”–not all the way down but maybe 1/3 a real pull up depth for these. I want to be able to do these.

They moved one of the bb shrug machine into the area I normally am in so I tried those too. 45x8, 90x8 x 2 sets. I’d like nicer traps as well

2 Mossimo rehab walks. We’re at 0.8 miles stretches now and its so luxurious
Walked on my own too on the trail by my house.

More excitement Friday when I get to sit for 6 hours being lectured about dog food by the Royal Canin people. They will feed us twice however and give us each a bag of free dog food! Can’t pass up two free meals and a bag of free really high quality meals for My Beloved.

1 Like

Today
T bar carries 335# x100 feet x 2 trips
335# x80 feet, x20, x100 feet
315# x80 feet,x20, x100 feet
Farners handle carries 155#/ arm x 100 feet, x50 feet, x 50 feet
Walk
Pull ups 10, 3 sets of 5

1 Like

Wow, 6 hours?? So…what did they feed YOU, exactly?? The post above was a bit unclear:)

Great lifting as always. I did try one of those ‘Speed Shots’, from the meet. Not bad taste. Judging by the pic, Moss seems to be snooting around your Mt.Dew instead.

Quoted, for the public record:)

I WILL be in your hood soon, and I WILL be in touch before then. I’m thinking next Thursday, after some drum time…2-3pm or so.
Details to be determined.

Cool Z!!! Just gimme a text!!! I should be amoung the living daydwellers by then! :smiley:

I scored 5 left over egg and cheese Panera sandwhiches - I eat the egg and cheese Moss gets the bread for training treats- that no one wanted, and a plate of One The Border Chicken fajitas. MmmHmmm.

Today
Moss walk – about a mile now, fingers crossed. Week 11 post op is monday. At 12 weeks post op if he is still static with his recovery he is considered healed.

Walk on my own on the trail behind my house

At rhe gym
Pull ups 8, 3 sets of 6, misc sets for around 50 total
T bar rows 35# on the thing x 2 sets of 25 wide grip, neutral grip x25
Felt the bb pump for f%cks sakes on those. Good god. They get my respect for persurvereing through that constantly
bb scrug machine 45 on each side x20, 90 x 2 sets of 8
Wanna be L pull ups 4 sets of 3, one was maybe 3 1/2

I forgot to list in yesrerday a tip I found for carries in an article that I implamented yesterday — chop the feet. I want to remember to do that again because it works!! Helpful to chop the feet down to balance and go forward.

You really know how to score the free stuff Brute! Good luck Monday.
Z.

Thanks Z! Unfortunately my free stuff hoarding is a result of once being dirt poor as a fledgling adult !! Scooping pennies from the floor of a car wash vacuum filter I got to keep on a day labor job to save for ramen and 3/$1 cans of veggies…having a day labor job! I think a lot of us have had that phase in life. Now I get legitimate perks of a decent career!

Yesterday I perked out on some free deli subs :)!!! Meat for me, bread for Moss.

TODAY
fs 45x5, 135, 195, 205
215x4 x4 sets,
225x2 x4 sets
pull ups 8, 6

FLIPMODE! Its been forever since I got 225x2! It must have been the thunder music on my mp3 I got going or the deli meat I scored yesterday!!! EYAHH!!!

Edit : note to self for next time- look at the red bar

WOOOOOOOHOOOO!!!
:)!!!

1 Like

Today
dead lifts 45x8, 135, 205, 275, 325, 345, belted 355
300x3 x 6 sets
pull ups 5 sets of 5, misc sets, so far 35 total, 3 wanna be L ones too
t bar rows 45# on the thing x 25, 55 x 20

Pleased with the 355 ! It’s been a while! I’ll take it belted.

1 Like

Dare I say, hanging out at our meet last week, was a motivator for this?!? Pulling up some big singles?

Awesome as usual.
Z.

:D!!! Thanks Z! Funny you mention that because I thought while doing them --I wonder what would happen if someone decided to rep out their 3rd attempt? Just flat out do two reps or so. HA! I’d give them 7 white lights.

Today just pull ups- total of 50.

Reminds me of a post I once read: “I do what I want; I lift for me.”

Perhaps, said aloud, while repping out your 3rd attempt 403lbs. PR pull…Even if it’s only in the gym:)

I’ll try it tomorrow!

355!! Nice work Brute.

Z! Always a party for deadlifts no matter what! Some times the deadzo party sucks and I leave early but its always an oppurtunity for a great feat!!!

Thanks Dbashler!!! I really appreciate it!

I forgot to log yestersays stuff. I was lured into the sumpuous thrill of a rainy lazy day early on… I got some in but nothing spectacular.

Fs 45x5, 135, 195, 205, 215, 225, 230
215x2 x6 sets
Deadlifts 45x5, 135, 205, 275, 315
295x2 x6 sets
Tried squat stance dead lifts 225, 275 was weird and slow so stopped that then.
Back extensions

Today
T bar carries 340# x total of 200 feet with tons of stops. I wanted to do that wt though so I jusy kept going , stops or not
350 just tbar deadlifted up
315# x80 feet, x20, x80, x20
Farmers handle carries 155.5#/ arm x total of 90 feet. The handles were COLD!! And my grip sucked by then
Zercher carries 165.5# x90 feet, 172# x 180 feet
Walk on the trail by my house
Clean grip reverse alternating lunges total reps not per leg 95#x8, 105x8, 115x8, 125x8, 135x8

Pull ups later today when my grip returns

I stayed up past bed time chilling and getting to know our own Z last night. It was well worth it though!

My Prince Mossimo approves as well of the offerings of bison treats :D!!!

1 Like