Brute's Book

Thanks Eric!! I will check it out!

Good God trouble sleeping last night, sleep schedule is all whacked out.
Up at 2am and did dead lifts at 3:30
dead lifts 45x5, 135, 205, 275, 325
285x6 sets of 2
call from work while at the gym, and the extra $$ was too much to turn down so I worked about 3 hours then came home, napped.

Walk
dead lifts 45x5, 135, 205, 275
295x2 x 6 sets
t bar rows misc wts x 4 sets of 10
weird bb machine row thing a few sets of rows
pull ups 9, sets of 4-6 for a total of 50
back extensions with a 45# X 2 sets of 20

Tried a leg press, did a few sets and realized it not good for me. I’d benefit from the quad strength work but not cool on my wild weird disc in my lower back and it pops my patella too much out of place. I’ll figure something else out, I am not poking that bear of an injury. NOPE

Today
t bar carries 315# x 100 feet x 2 trips
300# x 100 feet x 2 trips
285# x 100 feet x 2 trips
farmers handle carries 144.5/arm x 80 feet, x20 feet, x 80 feet
169#/arm x 20 feet x two trips then two pick an hold with that wt for 10-15 seconds.

NICE! This is the heaviest I’ve done for the farmer’s handles I believe thus far. Fractionally over bw by a few pounds per arm and not very far but hey! I think my grip might have improved which helps a lot, gives more confidence.
Sweet! :slight_smile:

Walk
Pull ups 9, misc sets of 4-8 for a total of 48 or so today.
OH MY the weather in this past weeks’ mornings has be GLORIOUS. Its like its fall!! Sub 50’s in the predawn hours and perfect until around 10am. Such a delight, oh I cannot wait for chilly crisp days that are conducive to any time of the day carries or walks.

1 Like

Awesome work Brute. Your farmers carry work is strong woman contest material and you are about half of the size of most of those women.

Truly impressive. And for all of the life drama your numbers have stayed very impressive. A little lower volume than normal but your body may have needed a bit of a break anyway.

You are doing great.

;D!! Thanks DBasler! I appreciate the perspective! It is a long game I’m playing with this lifting stuff…I’ll get back on track. And I am proud of the carries!! :slight_smile:

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 185, 195, 205, 215
200x3 x 6 sets
pull ups 7, 5

High gravity day for sure. Gotta cut the am gym time even shorter to get my Moss’s wee walk in before work Starting to do short walks that add up for his rehab. 1/4 mile slowly three times a day.

1 Like

Today
dead lifts 45x5, 135, 295, 275
295x3 x 6 sets
rack pulls knee level 135x3, 225x3, 315x3, 335x3, 345x3, on 1 mat 345x3, two mats 345x3
pull ups 8, 5
back extensions with a 45# x 20, 55# x15

pull up totals yesterday 50

1 Like

Ok, back on the Refill Leggie Strunght Tour mmmHmm.

Today
Fs 45x5, 135, 190, 200, 210, walk out and hold 220
200x3 x6 sets
Dead lifts 295x2 x6 sets
Walk
Laundry
Clean grip reverse alternating lunges total reps not per leg 95 x8, 105x8, 115x8, 125x8, 135x7
Pull ups 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 8, 5 will finish up for a total of 50 later today
Flip laundry
Home stuff so far - back extensions with 45# x20

I hope --hope-- this refill project with help get my form better. Left leg is a big time slacker, caving on fs and dls a lot. We’ll see. I don’t do the train that leg more kinda buisness since unbalanced stuff never works for me personally. Better to just make everything stronger in my experience. Cool.

Today
t bar carries 325# x 80 feet, x 20 feet, x 80, x20
305x100 feet x 2 trips
290x100 feet x 2 trips
farmers handle carries 144.5/arm x 80 feet, x 40 feet
169.2/arm x maybe ten feet, pick up the wt and hold x a few times, x 10 feet
walk
pull ups 10, 8
Anderson Zerchers 135x2, 205x2, 225x5 x 4 sets , 245x2, 265
pull ups ss with the zerchers 7, 6, sets of 4 - misc for a total of 50
back extensions with a 45# x 30
t bar rows 70# on the thing x 2 sets of 8

Ok, back on the Refill Leggie Strunght Tour mmmHmm.

MmmHmm indeed; I’m In!

And, K and I trained/had dinner last night. This is another reminder/request for you to join us Sunday, Sept.25th for the meet we’re doing. It’s out there in your hood (rec center?) You should come out, or meet up with us…
Please???

:smiley: Thanks Eric! I actually DID get that day off and I’ll see you there! Its walking distance from my house so I have no excuse not to cheer you guys on in the daytime, I do go to bed well before sunset however! :slight_smile: OH. That place has INDOOR WATER SLIDES!!

Nothing exiting to report today. Had a strange episode of GI upset while I was on my walk that made me bend over in distress, it eventually went away but that was that for activity. No pull ups, just chilling. I am however SORE! In my traps and upper back! WOOOHOOO!!! Its the carries! :slight_smile: Probably more the holds.

I’ll be a bit off on lifting this week since bb gym doesn’t open early like normal on Monday since its a holiday and I’m working my normal shift. I would try to go after work however I am so hardwired to lift first thing in the morning its a no go . I’m very much a creature of habit and routine.

Brute: I am so glad you will be coming! But it’s not the facility with the indoor slides. It’s a small annex rec center at 4355 Field St. I will be lifting at 10 am. Z starts at 5 pm.

1 Like

Brute: I am so glad you will be coming! But it’s not the facility with the indoor slides. It’s a small annex rec center at 4355 Field St. I will be lifting at 10 am. Z starts at 5 pm.

Forget that, I want Water Slides!!!

Well fine then. I didn’t get to Water World (a favorite place) this summer. So Maybe I’ll come over early, hit the slides as a warm up, then do some powerlifting in the afternoon? Not THAT is a full day of fun!!

Looking forward to see you there Miss B:)

Posted by Brute Fury:

I can’t imagine ever having a concierge! That’s a whole other type of life, and in Denver of all places too! I still can’t ever think of Denver has some high flying city. Snow, Broncos, but I guess The High Life too?

***Hey Brute,I’m bringing over my response, from my thread; didn’t want you to miss it!

Please see Next Post.

Next Post.

Just imagine how nice it would, be to have someone like me, helping with your daily activities??

“Help you with those Farmer Carries Miss. Fury?”…“Carry Sir Moss out for a pee Miss Fury?”…stuff like that.

Now THAT’S living:)

SNAP! :D!!! AH MAN!! No slides at this place? Its till super close-- right by the Discount Bread place! I’ll for sure you see guys then!

:D!! HA ! Eric! I’ve never had such POSH treatment ever! My Mossimo would need a large stroller or pedicab for such movements indeed!! Also I myself have a bit of a problem attempting to hoist things on my own just to see if I can :{ …dog food bags, dogs themselves…consenting humans :} I’d be hard for my ego to share the load! But how fun is it to pick people up?? WAY FUN!!:D!!

Called in at 1am today so lucky for me I got my holiday shift over early! I napped and then proudly finished my scheduled fs day.!Totally unexpected success, well successful because I did it.

fs
45x5, 135, 190
200x4 x 6 sets
pull ups 8, 5, 3

Went to Walmart and scored some sweet lights for my place! Green Purple tipped ones!
pull ups again 2 sets of 8, 6 sets of 5

Today
dead lifts 45x8, 135, 205, 275
295x4 x 6 sets
315, belted 330
pull ups 7, 2 sets of 5
back extensions with a 35# x 30

Went to Walmart and scored some sweet lights for my place! Green Purple tipped ones!pull ups again 2 sets of 8, 6 sets of 5

Note to self: check out People of Walmart website for “Brute Sightings-Denver”.

That’s a lot of heavy pulling in a single session. Nice work Brute.

You, z man and Karen all in the same place at once. 2 T Nation legends and a bike riding Bruce Willis look alike, they should charge admission even if there aren’t water slides at the facility.

1 Like

UH ERIC–I went and got MORE LIGHTS. :)!!! I LOVE LIGHTS!!! They are the older school ones that are not led …and I have to be careful nothing catches on fire!

Thanks DBasler!! I’m hoping more pulling will help my leg strength. I feel it for sure!

I GOT A RAISE!!! AH HA HA!!! And a good one too!! Call me conceited–I don’t care!- I truly believe the efforts of two techs ( my work buddy and myself) made a huge difference for everyone! My clinic listened! And things changed! Not only myself but everyone got a reevaluation for their pay and most got increases. ALSO they revamped the benefits, so soon out health insurance will go down “significantly” FLIP MODE!!! :D!!!

:slight_smile: I won’t ever be raking in cash but I got the rate I was hoping for plus some! :)!

YEI!!! My next paycheck will have retro active new pay for the last 6 weeks at my new rate. This is a big deal and its FABULOUS!

:D!!

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 195, 205, 215, 225
200x7
200x2 x 6 sets
dead lifts 295x2 x 6 sets
pull ups 9, 7, 2 sets of 5

walk
clean grip reverse alternating lunges total reps not per leg 95x8, 105x8, 115x8, 125x8, 135x8, 145x5, 155x3
pull ups 8, 7 misc sets for a total of 55
back extensions with a 45# x25, x20

2 Likes

That is AWESOME! The timing definitely isn’t a coincidence. You and your friend persuaded those in charge and after considering what was said they did the right thing. Congratulations!!

That is truly great news, Brute. I am so happy for you.