Brute's Book

I hope you are muddling through the Moss situation okay and that brighter days are ahead for both of you.

I cannot find the name of your co-worker on the roster for this weekend?

Yes, yes, brighter days my friend!

Hey Snap! Thank you! And–Hmm…I just found the roster and do not see her either…maybe I have my facts confused and she’s spectating but I could have sworn otherwise! I guess day of registering maybe? Anywho! If you see a blond named Maureen, tell her HAI!

Thanks Eric! I hope so! I’ll get better. I really appreciate the good vibes!!

I feel like I’ve been thrown through a wall…or dragged through a field…one of the two. At any rate no lifting today. Just a walk and some pull ups. I’ll try for 50 total but I might not make it! I am looking forward to when I am back on track but for now I’ll take it day by day. It really could be much worse and its manageable just tiring.

I CANNOT wait for Thursday. Its Moss’s recheck appointment which means he’ll probably get his sutures out and I can take off the e-collar/cone. I also just might be able to take him down and up the stairs to go outside after the dr ok’s it. Still, it’ll be an event getting him loaded and ready for the vet.

More at home sedative blah blah blah. He’s such a good dog for so many things but not for strangers at all let alone for strangers handling him, and a big nuhuh when he’s painful… so drugs it is. However its always a dicey thing tricking and fooling him into me drugging the crap out of him. I’ll save that stress for the day of. Stress that will lead to cone removal is way worth it.

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 200, 210, 220
200x5, 205x3, 210
200x4, 205x3, 210x2
200x4, 205x3, 210x2

pull ups 8

at home stuff b o rows 135x6,x6,x6 x6

Only did pull ups the other days of the weekend. Its frustrating how behind I am but that’s just how it is. I had to fight to stay at the gym today due to pride more than anything, felt disappointed in my strength or more to the point how heavy everything felt. But that’d only make the hole deeper that I gotta climb out of to get anywhere.

I have excuses and some valid reasons but alas! You guys know how it is!

today
dead lifts 45x6, 135, 205, 275, 315, 335
tried with my new belt to get used to it. I wore it high and I think it worked better that way for me 315, 335
rack pulls at the knee 135c3, 225c3, 315x3, 345x3, 365x3
pull ups 9
back extensions

yesterdays pull up total 50

[quote=“brute_fury, post:364, topic:210950”]
I had to fight to stay at the gym today due to pride more than anything,

I had this feeling for about 4 hours on Sunday:)…It happens.

Hope Moss is doing better.
Z.

Thanks Eric! I really do appreciate it, and I really do need the good vibes.

OH MY GOD. :frowning: Today was positive in a way and not in another. I don’t even want to type it out except to say I feel so discouraged, rather destroyed, and just … :frowning: I finally was able to cry big sobs so that was a release.

This whole surgery had been a huge stress factory. I really don’t know what to think-- the next week’s events or non events will hang a lot on my decision to have him go under again for his other leg. I know I keep harping on it, and there is a reason for it! Its stressful being a tech 24 hours a day! I lost 5 pounds as well. Not a good five pounds either, my knee sleeves are now loose!

I tried to lift today and was too worked up it didn’t happen, I got not even my warm ups. Tomorrow that won’t be the case, shitty nothing wt’s it’ll be. I don’t care! I need a stress outlet!!! I just need to.

Ok. Today
fs 45xd5, 135, 185, 195, 205, 215
200x3 x 5 sets
Anderson Zerchers 135x3, 185x3, 205x3, 225x3, 245x3
pull ups 10, 7, 7
back extensions

1 Like

I wish I could help in some way, Brute. It sounds like a really tough time for you.

Eric and I are both competing in Wheat Ridge on September 25. Perhaps you can stop by and catch some of the action.

Also, did you ever find out about your work associate? There was no woman with the name you gave me competing at the State Games. Unless I totally missed her?

Thank you Snap! I did talk to my coworker–she was there but as a spectator. She will be competing at the Wheat Ridge meet which I want to go to lend my support hopefully with a few coworkers! Its close enough that I can go barring not getting the day off or more Dog Drama. I hope she has a good time of it.

And thank you!

Pancakes and Pizza baby! I wont lift until late afternoon so, anytime would be great to see you. I was intending to be the oldest lifter there; someone else (clears throat) has other plans:)

I can’t drink anymore, but I’ve heard good things about wine…just saying.
Z.

Thank Eric! Nice! I hope it goes well for everyone! I am no boozer myself. I had a brief boozing period of my life that is long over. Who wants to drink when the next day you can’t lift well ?? Sugar free Monster Energy drinks are as hard as I go and those are a handful of times a year.

Today
farmers handle carries 112#/arm x 1040 feet total
walk

Did a gym tour, well a 24 hour fitness free week pass tour of the two gyms kinda near me for curiosity. I am not curious anymore!! HA! I forgot how hard it was to find a decent one of those when I was a member for years and years. No interest in returning, its just the 24 part that I like.

The counter girl doing my check in thingie to get the pass did ask what HIGH SCHOOL I was in however. WAH HA HA!!! She looked maybe 22 tops. I corrected her and told her I am far older and she looked confused. PFFFT. I’m far cooler than any high schooler. :wink:

1 Like

Today
200x5, 205x3, 210x2
200x3, 205x3, 210
200x3

Trying slow pull ups- 7
face pulls 3 sets of 12

Today
dead lifts- I guess?
45x8, 135, 205, 275, 315, FAIL at 335 :frowning: Belted got 335
UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Rack pulls 135x3, 225x3, 315x3, 335x3, 355x2
ran out in anger, did farmers handle carries 112#/arm x length of gym parking lot.

I cannot wait until this phase is over!!! I go to work and just want to leave, but I can’t. But also at home its still so stir crazy for me and my dog!! I want to call in sick to work everyday but of course I can’t, plus then I’d just be at home waiting for the days to pass for my dog to get better…

I want to never go back to work after my lunch break but of course I cannot. Its just a matter of time before I break and just call out of work even though I’d still feel terrible shorting my team even more then we already are.

Things will get better, but my safe recovery havens for stress I usually use are all out of commission for a frustrating amount of time- Moss, apartment, lifting! I am well aware these are little things in the view of other’s bigger things but I live a relatively small lil world , for myself this sucks. And I do take it personally!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

pull up total yesterday 50-60

This is probably a time to try some routine or program for lifting that I never do. Since I can’t gauge my abilities at all having some formula of plugging in numbers might help. If I can get over my stubbornness to keep going and plowing out jumbled weird workouts.

IMHO: Time to break out of the mold you are trying to pour yourself into. Everyone who trains goes through periods of stagnation, mental, and physical stress. Take 5 to 7 days and get out of the gym, be creative: stop focusing on pounds and numbers. Load a backpack with around 10 to 20 pounds (bags of flour work really well and it is not a waste of money) and do a 10 mile ruck, hike a trail, try a indoor climbling wall, pound a tire with a sledgehammer, run 800 meter sprints on a track, swim at the local Y, go to a firing range and shoot. Anything to get out of your comfort zone. I use this technique when I have hit a wall with life, and, as we all know quitting life is not an option. Wishing you the best.

1 Like

Thanks Idaho! That is a good idea–just busting out. I am more then likely going to flip the switch and go for carries and road marches like you suggested on my days off. Having no real # goal just exertion. EXERTION and physical labor so when I am stuck stir crazy at home I’ll be too worn out to care.

Today
200x3 x 5 sets
anderson zerchers 135x3, 185x3, 205x3, 225x3, 235x3
back extensions

farmers handle carries 112# /a rm x length of gym parking lot

total pull ups yesterday 53

Another perspective you may find useful during your current situation:

http://www.combatstrengthtraining.com/media/the-perfectionist-mentality-is-far-from-perfect

1 Like

Idaho!!! Thank you!!! That article applies to about three things in my life right now! Thank you for sharing it–its spot on! :)!!!

Today
tbar carries 285# x totsal of 1070 feet 4 stops
265 x 1070 feet total 4 stops
farmers handle carries 112#/arm x 1070 feet total 4 stops

walk

Continued my 24 hour fitness tour, went to a new location for the free week pass and it was better then the others but still NOPE! Reminds me how far I’ve come in lifting to be able to spot right away the difference good equipment makes.

But I did do pull ups there and face pulls, used the scale as well.

Tuesday things started to just FEEL better. Moss and I have a good schedule going for his unfortunate rehab time being stuck in my apartment only-no outside at all-- for the next handful of weeks. He’s become very used to it.

I’m sticking with it which means getting up at 2:45 on my weekend but its worth it to keep it up, as well the only thing I dislike about it is the suns still up when I got to sleep at 6:30 o 7 but…I don’t care that much.

Today is e collar freedom day for My Beloved. I’m going to do it slowly–thorough out the day actually unclasp parts of it-- so he doesn’t loose it in his excitement. I anticipate much cavorting and tail chasing in relief but he can’t do that on his newly platinum knee! Slow and steady. Easy does it.

1 Like

Today
farmers handle carries 122/arm x 50 feet–could have gone a longer shot but the clips blasted off one! Premature drop. Anyways continued on with the remaining 50 feet , then returned to start
zercher walks 112# x 200 feet
walk

Last day of 24 hour tour and found one that isn’t too bad at all, off Kipling and Alameda for you local folks. There I did some stuff
fs 45x5, 135, 185, 195, 205, 215, 225 FLIPMODE IS THE GREATEST !!! :D!!!
Pull ups 10, 6, 4, sets of whatever, did about 25 there
b o rows 135 x 2 sets of 5

Messed with back extensions, even tried a leg press! I did leg presses with a decent load ( pounds don’t count on those in my book) years ago and liked them but since my back messed up the first time I am leery of most of them. So I avoid them and this time I didn’t do much just had fun doing stuff! I’m glad I went!

I’m sure my wild bb gym has got to have one leg press out of the six or so for bum backed knarly old bbers. I will experiment. My mood and spirits are perking up!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is Iron Warrior too far for you?