Brute's Book

Read several posts; this was my take away.

As for the rest, Onward and Upward Miss B. A bit of a forced de-load but, life happens as we all know.

Hope work pans out, for the better.

Train hard my elusive friend:)

ERIC D.

:smiley: Thanks Eric! :slight_smile: The meatballs didn’t last much longer after that post was written. :smiley:

The slow hole to China continued today. Front squats felt like good tight form but the stamina was just not there. Strength might have been there but it had no back up! Its on the way I hope at least, I’m starting to feel closer to having a full battery but its for sure its not completely charged up.

Today
fs 45x5, 136, 200, 215, 225, 235
215x3, 215x2 x 2 sets, 215, …215?

Blasted out of there and tried some carries in the field. That went better.
farmers handle carries 112#/arm x straight shoot of 540 feet, then the trip back had two stops
zercher x 112# x two trips of 540 feet no stops
t bar carries 315# x a total of 540 feet with two stops, then the trip back had three stops
walk

Pull ups today so far- 2 sets of 9, a set of 7. Will complete for a total of 50

I haven’t been paying my taxes compeletly- which is what I consider rows to be. I just must. If I don’t it shows. I gotta get into a groove for those again.

After a heavily sedated exam with the surgeon and xrays, Moss has been diagnosed with not only the left, but bilateral cruciate ligament ruptures–his right knee will need surgery soon. But his hips look good! Which is a blessing.

At any rate, Moss is scheduled for surgery on his left- the worst- knee Monday and its going to be quite an event, well for me. I’m going to have to start sedation at home and hopefully he’ll be sedate enough I can just pour him into my car, jam him to my work and they will get going on his anesthesia right away at 7am. He’ll pretty much be sedated the whole time he’s at the hospital which if everything goes well should be about 36 hours.

Its what I expected, that he’d need surgery. I also kinda knew it was a matter of time before the other knee would blow so in a way its good that I already know this. I hope to GOD this post op recovery goes well. It’ll be an ordeal. Sling walking a 95# dog with a 30’’ e-collar up and down 3 flights of stairs to go pee and poop is going to be FUN times. At least its not icey. I luckily have years of practice doing this at work! I’m just taking it one knee at a time.

SO yesterday was stressful but also a relief to get things going. Monday! I’ll be nervous but my clinic is top notch, great surgeon, a actual DVM anesthesiologist, surgery techs I’ve known for years, its just me who will need some sedation as well :stuck_out_tongue:

I walked this morning then felt like lifting a bit
fs 45x10,135, 200, 215, 225
Anderson zerchers 135, 205x8, 215x6, 225x5, 245x3
pull ups 7, 3, 6, sets at ome until I get to 50

Yesterdays home b o rows 135x5, x5, x11, x11, 10, x10, 10, 10

1 Like

Wow. That’s a lot to have on your plate. Hoping all goes well.

[quote=“kpsnap, post:345, topic:210950, full:true”]
Wow. That’s a lot to have on your plate. Hoping all goes well.

I’ll second that; we’ll all be sending good thoughts your way.

THANK YOU GUYS. I am gearing up. It’ll be interesting.

Another highlight is my water heater pooped a hole in it–while they guy was trying to fix it! I had to help him cover the hole with my hand while he turned the water valve off! I hear "AHHHHH SHITT!!! from the guy to see water pouring every where… I had to really try to keep form busting up laughing in my room where me and Moss were trapped for four hours whiel he figured out stuff,

Result is no water heater until Monday or Tuesday. Ice showers for the next few days—those sure do make you feel ALIVE. Its hard not to be vocal in cold shower.

I’ve been cleaning my place all day in anticipation of a post op Mossimo. More cleaning still needs to be done but its getting there.

Today
total of 50 pull ups

rows yesterday were a total of 50 with 135

Today
Fs 45x5, 135, 200, 215, 225, 235
215x5, 215x3, 225, 230
215x3, 225, 225, 230
215x3, 220, 225, 225
215x3, 215x2 some more singles of 215
Ghrs
Pull ups 8, 6, 6

Sitting in the dark waiting to give Moss his sedation he gets before taking him to work for surgery. I am so nervous and worried. I hope to GOD this goes well and to plan. I will be a mess regardless but I’ll be at work upatairs while he’s down in surgery. The hours seem long now just praying it all goes smoothly.

Glad to see you got a lift in; not so glad that it was at 3:20 am :slight_smile:

Don’t forget to eat today. It’s easy to forget with all the nerves.

This to shall pass. Your boy will be fine.

Thank you Eric!

MY GOD. Thankfully surgery went well for Mossimo and the anesthetist and surgeon were happy with how smooth it went --that is a total blessing. His meniscus was also still intact which is great!

Post op was where I expected the most difficulty and I have not been let down in that aspect. It could be much worse but …its still hard.

I took him home last night…I could type a whole speal. Suffice it to say this is the most adult thing I’ve had to do in a LOOOOONNNNG time. Thank god he’s used to his crate that’s a big plus for both of us that he can relax in his crate.

Managing a not so happy patient at home is even tougher when he’s MY BABY BOY and he’s a difficult patient in the fact that he reacts to his leg hurting by trying to attack it or anything near it which his 95 pounds and big ass mouth and teeth. He’s got a basket muzzle on, an ecollar and is on pain meds and sedatives.

My confused Love is however luckily finally drinking for me and eats his pills like a champ in food which is incredibly positive. But the WILD attack mode that mixes with yelps of pain form him is intense. I am the only one who can handle him when he’s like this and I DO NOT like him this way–going fiercely for his attackers- when he feels pain.

The amount of times I’ve sighed over the last three days is totally over my yearly allowance. The night he was in the hospital the fire alarm went off and they left him in his cage–no one could get him out. It was just a false alarm but it displays his limited options for handling right now. Not even in a fire could anyone touch him.

I left work after my shift Monday really down…really really discouraged. At that time he was about 4 hours post op and he didn’t even recognize me and was snarling and growing at me, lunging at me when I attempted to get him out. I came back 3 hours alter and he was improved, he at least knew who I was and let me walk him and change out his bedding but the level of pain aggression was still hard to see. I tried to give him some of his by mouth meds and it ended with his face cover in cream cheese after he thrashed and flailed aggressively when I approached his cage muzzled face. I didn’t even try to clean it, he for sure wouldn’t allow me to touch his head. This interaction still was an improvement compared to the previous one.

I came back to see him at 1:30 am and he was better still, I was able to walk him and he was happy to see me but he still was trying to attack him leg and flailiing. I got him some iv pain meds and it was better I heard from thew overnight techs who could only peep in on him to make sure he was alive while I went back to bed.

I came back to see him at 5am before my shift started and he was getting much better, but still super reactive to his leg. He wanted to eat really bad but couldn’t with his cage muzzle on and it made him frustrated, then he’d hurt his leg and the cycle of freak out would return. We had to knock him out on domitorto get him safely sedate ( totally out but still breathing on his own) enough for me to replace the cage muzzle with my own basket muzzle that he would allow him to eat and drink through. We didn’t even reverse his sedative just let him wear if off and pulled his iv catheter then.

Up and down the stairs to get into my apartment has absolutely proven to a total fucking disaster. He flails, almost gator rolls with snarls and growls mixed with yelps of pain–its too fucking much. I’ve decided now to completely eliminate taking him down or up the stairs–he’ll pee inside or he’ll pee on my balcony that’s just the safest way to go and I’ll take whatever beef my apartment complex gives me.

Which brings me up to speed to the current status of today : “Freak out over Moss not peeing” day. If he does not I’m up shit creek because he’ll have to be sedated once again to get to the my work!!! He’s got a fenanyl patch on which contributes to some dogs retaining their urine and also its not abnormal for dogs to take forever to finally pee, we expressed his bladder post op and he peed at my work, and he just now is drinking fluids-- I have all these things to tell myself alas the emergency tech in me goes into a conniption fit when I think of my own dog not urinating.

I’m asking everyone I know to please please please send I P Freely wishes and vibes to My Beloved. Just a pee, just a lil pee pee or a big pee pee, pee on my carpet, pee on my shoes I don’t care Moss! Just PEEE!!!

Never have so many people, cared so much, about one dogs urine.

I’m going on a Pee-strike, to show my support!

Be a brute, Brute.

Thanks ERIC–I really mean it! I’m a mess!!

HE PEED. He peed, he peed, he peed!!! OH MY GOD.

Last night was fucking bad and I had a meltdown. He was coming off his fentanyl ( his patch fell off) as well as not full sedated on his tranquiler since I was trying to see if I could spread them out. Nope.

An hour of whining, mini yipes mini barks mixed with regular barks, and freaking out in his crate crashing around in it…all the while I’m just waiting for a neighbor to come banging on my door. I lost it. I was so worked up I was shaking. My sister saved the day by calling and I ended up leaving my apartment and sobbing in my car on the phone with her as she pull up to my place with ear plugs.

When I came home he had calmed himself down and I slipped into my room and slept while I could. I woke this morning on one of his pill times and was gifted with pee!!! PEE PEE. He pooped too but also slung it all around on his cone. Whatever, who cares about that!

Its gotta a bit easier, a bit. I am so exhausted. Its not over.

No lifting , I will go Friday. I did pull ups yesterday and back extensions, I’ve been walking too. I took a long walk today in the heat to just defragment. and I am doing pull ups now- total of 50 for each days worth. A nice set of 11 yesterday in my panicked state.

1 Like

Thank God; couldn’t hold it much longer:)

Tough it out kid, it’ll get better day by day.

Talk to you this weekend.

Thanks Eric!! Its getting better, it is.

I lifted a tiny bit today and was totally fine with it. I’m still tired and have other priorities !

fs 45x10, 135, 200
215x2 x 5 sets, 215 x 2 singles
got low depth on these and that was all I wanted to do
walk
pull ups so far 2 sets of 10, 9, 6 and I’ll do sets of whatever for a total of 50

Also did home b o rows 135#x 15, x12

1 Like

Sounds good. Gonna be HOT this weekend, good time to be inside, catching up on sleep!

Thanks Eric! I did catch up on some sleep, almost back to normal full nights worth of rest. Its getting there!

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 200, 215
200x7, 210x3
200x4, 210x2, 215
200x4

pull ups 9, 5

Getting there. I loose fs FAST when I let them go at all. It’ll be a bit until I climb back to the last peak. Its fine! Better then nothin!

1 Like

Today
deadlifts
45x12, 135, 205 - hook grip, mixed grip 275, 315, 335
rack pulls knee level hook grip 135x4, 225x4, mixed 315x4, 335x4, 355x3, 375x3, 385x3
pull ups 10, 2 sets of 5, 2 sets of 4

yesterday home pull ups a total of 50 for the day

I am still really tired. I had trouble staying awake at work all day yesterday. Its getting better , the strength but I am not normal for everything else. Up since 1am with my baby boy (Moss was just lonely in his crate so we hung out a bit while he slept by my feet) this morning so it’ll be a loooooooooooong day.

We are incredibly short staffed at my job as well which is tough. I pretty much want to call in sick everyday just for a break but can’t because I’d not only screw everyone over but I can’t use vacation days for sick days. However the work stress is a real deal.

I re-read some of the radiology reports for his knees and I am just sorta gearing up for the prep for the next surgery. Not sure when that will be but it will be, no doubt about it.

Chin up Brute, your turning the corner on this thing.

Work is (always) another story…

A lot of stress to deal with. You are doing well Brute. Get as much sleep as you can and use training as a stress reliever.

I agree with z-man that you are turning the corner and I hope it happens quickly.

Thanks guys! I really do appreciate it! I do!

Ughgawwwwd. Called in to work at 1am this morning on my day off and worked a few hours because I need the cash. Napped, then gymed it and it went ok!

Enegry is there so I just need to build up the momentum again. I am not injured so I really have nothing to fret about for training, strenght will return when my body is ready for it.

Fs
45x5,135, 200, 215, 225
200x7, 205x4, 210x2, 215
200x4, 205x3, 215
200x4, 205x3, 215
200x4, 205
Reverse alternating clean grip lunges 95x8 x 2 sets

Pulls ups yesterday a total of 35

Today’s home stuff
Walk
Pull ups 8,7,7, misc sets for 50 total
B o rows 135# x13

Band pull aparts too.

I attempted to hold a bar on my back today and BOY do I have an issue there-- total left shoulder/clavicle nuhuh don’t do that pain. Doesn’t really upset me since bars on my back are a no go anyways however it was shocking to experience.