Brute's Book

Today
farmers handle carries 139.5# x 570 feet , 3 stops, x 570 feet 2 stops
tbar walks 320# x 570 feet 4 stops, x570 feet 3 stops
some misc tbar shrugs, rows

Did home stuff yesterday during the day 5 sets of bo rows with 95#-105 on the barbell 8-11 reps per set

Apparently I am failing apart! Knee feels better but now I have a wild tooth ache and my shoulder feels outta joint. Months ago I was attempting to do dragon-flags on a bench and messed it up, hasn’t been right since. I am doing to much Dr. Google and should probably just chill before I get worked up over an ac joint …we’ll see.

What the heck? An alter Ego Brute?

Let me read the rest…

And BTW. Nationals are here next weekend; Fri/Sat/Sun I think. All geared, to find the IPL world team.

Not 100% of the schedule, but I’m trying to meet (get it?) with Karen at some point. You should come out too.
Look into it :slight_smile:

Watch Men’s and Women’s Nationals on our Live Broadcast!
Aurora, Colorado
May 20-22, 2016

Tune into 270 of the Nation’s competitors as they battle it out for the Gold and a chance to represent the USA at IPF Worlds.

WATCH LIVE AT: www.bodybuilding.com/usapl

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, May 20, 2016
Session I
9:00am to 1:00pm -Men 53kg, 59kg, 66kgand 74kg
Session II
2:00pm to 6:00pm - Women 43kg, 47kg, 52kgand 57kg

Saturday, May 21, 2016
Session I
9:00am to 1:00pm -Women 63kgand 72kg
1:30pmto 2:00pm-Women’s Hall ofFameInduction Ceremony
Session II
2:30pm to 6:30pm -Men 83kgand93kg

Sunday May 22thSession I
9:00am to 1:00pm -Women 84kgand 84+kg
Session II
2:00pm to 6:00pm -Men 105kg, 120kg and 120+kg

Sorry to crowd your log:), but here you go.

This works really well on the aching joints! :wink:

Hey Eric! WHOA! I had no idea that big of a meet was so soon! I hope you guys have fun! Looks like a lot’s going on! Take some pictures!!!

As for the golfers elbow its a lame but real term for general soreness on the inner elbow, which I happen to get from pull ups or chins! Its pretty much just self limiting and I get it from overuse. It’ll go away…

Ah ha 2B! Does the horse stuff smell like apples or hay? That would be worth spreading around! I am SORE :frowning: I almost reached for some tiger balm which smells just as obvious… I really am concerned about my clavicle/shoulder Acromioclavicular (AC) joint. :frowning:

looking into it more I think I actually have some kinda real thing going, but also doing cheap bastard bad health insurance snooping on the internet it looks like most of these injuries are not by any means terribly serious. But it makes sense that I’d have a type of sprain at the least.

Makes sense with the pain from push ups and the real discomfort de-sport’s braing…as long as its just movement related I’m ok with it showing its face but NO THANKS if its a big deal. I get worried though when it makes me wake up at night which It was the last few days. More rest from chins it is. Some ibuprofen too.

I am bummed. That too will pass but today I feel lame and over-rested. Which is part of being a bit sore and also not being able to walk out all the work stress and whatnot with my Beloved while he is still on rest for his stifle.

HOWEVER Its a lucky problem to have, not his hurt knee but my angst at not being able to luxuriate with him walkin about :slight_smile: I’ll take it.

It’s smells like menthol. But it’s green like green apples!

It does get down into joints.

Face pulls help with shoulder issues :slight_smile:

Well, Friday I’m going for the ladies 2pm session; Sat will be the men, after work around 2pm. Not sure when Karen is around, but you should TRY…try to come watch some…with us…

2B! argh…you are right about the face pulls…every article I see around says how beneficial they are for shoulder health. I am so stubborn with that pulley thing though. That area of the gym always is swarming with people even real early bird time. It takes away my will to live using any type of pulley device!

Hey Eric! Thanks for forever being inviting but meets are just not my thing at all :{ I feel way outta place even as a spectator :{ But I’m glad you guys enjoy them, they just not my cup of tea! It really takes a lot to get me out of my house for social occasions, typically Mossimo’s beautiful face is just too fabulous :wink:

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 195, 205, 215, 225, 235
210x7, 215x4, 225x2
215x5, 225x2,230
215x3 x 2 sets
ghrs x 20, x15
pull ups 2 sets of 5

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t realize the spectator part; enough said.

Skip the pulley/Bro station; use bands. Facepulls, pull-aparts, over and backs (dislocates)…hook it, loop it,whatever, around a rack or machine…and do the work! I’m a desk jockey at work; sitting, leaning, slouching, and so on, these really help save my posture along with shoulder health.
I do Brute Squats 'cause of you; least you could do is a few facepulls for me:)

1 Like

Hey Eric! I should do those stinking facepulls! ARGHHHHH!!! I gotta or I’ll pay the price later on…gotta get my butt in gear.

Today
dead lifts 45x12, 135, 205, 275, 325, 350 375 fail, ok
off two mats 365 x 2 singles – this I feel is an improvement, a good sign
rack pulls above the knee 135x3 225x3, hook grip
mixed grip 315x3, 350x3, 390x3, 400x3

I am a bit down, personal stuff and whatever that I gotta figure out . :frowning: I just gotta get out and walk it out. Moss is pent up and loosing it but I want to be sure he’s rested enough on his stifle, however we might both just need to limp a bit if it helps us from going haywire “resting”. I also go to the dentist friday which is sure to be a GREAT time, probably learn I need some work done that’ll blow the bank :{

AH WELL.

3x400 rack pulls is crazy. Good for you. So strong.

I’m sorry you’re feeling down. This weather isn’t helping . . . Where are the brilliant blue Colorado skies?

Thanks Snap! I like those rack pulls! Never though I would either but I think they might be helping.

Ugh god…today I watched a 10 week old puppy basically circle the drain and suffer violently my entire shift. Some rescue organizations really piss me off.

Some animals need the kindness of euthanasia instead of blowing a LOT of money on a animal who knows just streight hours of pain and agony just because “Money is no object”. Or 'lets give him one more day" when there’s no good odds. Its their money but SERIOUS cash is spent to drag these poor things along when there are a few more uses for a few grand come to mind. Like helping a cause that has a chance or won’t put innocents who have no way of understanding through so much.

It was terrible. Maybe it still is because these people won’t euthanize. My soap box on this specifc unnamed rescue is a mile high. My advice is do not donate to any rescues, seriously. Anyways, it put me in a real bummer mood on top of everything. It was just a terrible thing to see, and hear for hours.

So I took out Mossi on a long walk when I got off and he loved it. And we are both limping now, but feel a bit better.

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 195, 205, 225, 235, 245
215x6, 225x3, 235
215x3, 225x2
210x3, 215x2, 225
210x3, 215x2
clean grip reverse alt lunges 155x5 total not per leg x 2 sets, 175x2, 185x2, 135x15, 135x10, 135x8

Moss is limping still…no long walk but that’s ok…I’m hoping his lameness will freaking pass!

BUT A GREAT lifting day! 245 I have got once before but with a belt, this was belt less, also 225x3 is a rep pr! They were a bit high, the 225 reps but it gives me confidence for the next attempt which I am pretty sure I can get lower dept. I have a vid of the 225.

I’ve been doing home stuff too, daily lil things. This time its pull ups and bent over rows of misc grips. Today was pull ups 7, 6, 2 sets of 5= 23 total, then 2 sets of snatch grip bo rows with 105# x 8, x7= total 23.

I picked up my knee sleeves which I had delivered to my Mom’s house AND a Rubbermaid container full of homemade meatballs!! Turning into a fabulous weekend! Knee sleeves will be tried out Monday for squats.

1 Like

High , I know, but it’ll get better

Getting some mini-bands too for home shoulder health. I can do it!!!

1 Like

Congrats on the PR Brute. You got deeper each rep in the video, the third one looked good to me depth wise. Strong work as always.

1 Like

Thanks Dbasler!

Today
farmer’s handle carries 139.5#/arm x total of 1140 feet- stopped about four times
t bar walks 300# x total of 1140 feet six stops or so
That’s it for outdoor things its HOT already!

To do still this afternoon when my grip returns rows and pull ups- total of 24 reps for each

Meatballs will be tried after Monday squats; fixed that for you:)

HA!!! Z!! how did you know I was saving my meatballs for Monday?? Ah ha ha! I am actually! :smiley:

Today
pull ups 8,7, 6, 4

rows for a total of 25 reps