Brute's Book

today!

Nothing really exciting but I still pop in an ! when it feels right.
fs 45 x4, 135, 175, 195, 205, 215, 225
180x5 x 3 sets, 180x4
anderson zerchers ss with back extensions 135x2, 185x2, 205x2, 225x3

Filmed the 225 squat–I am fairly pleased with how it looks. I went back on my word, I’m not going to change my unracking position. I switched it for the first 3 or so warm ups and it aggravated my left side when I tried it the way everyone else does, might be bad but…I went back to the split lift off…it feels just too natural being a split legger.

After work t bar walks
185 x 160 x total of 4 trips

Today
I was ready to get up at 2:45 so I got up at 2:45. Did some deadzos

deads
45x10,135, 205, 265, 295
315 x 3 singles no belt, added belt for 3 more singles
back extensions

Its quite fun doing the no-expectation lifting days. Just doing it for the joy of doing deadlifts. But then again, all the deadlifts this last 18 months have been for the joy of deadlifts! Hence forth they probably will continue to be!

I got called in to work at 1:45am yesterday , so I got a bit confused with my sleep! Nice to get off early though and got an extra walk with my Cheesecake (dog) . I am way confused with my bod clock kbut its an ok confusion for me, this morning on my day off teh day job. I was ready to roll at 4:36, so I just got up and lifted a bit.

fronties
45x5, 135, 175, 295, 205, 215, 225
185x4 x 5 sets
full zercher squats 135x3, got a bit confused since I never do full ones- only anderson ones-- dropped the wt- 95x3 x 3 sets

After reading the zercher article this week I got all amped up for those. The full zercher squats I really tried to do the whole upper-cup the ceiling , holding the bar up and fists up, upper arms aiming for kinda parallel to the floor .

Dog walk, then 8 sets of 8 pull ups, and set of 6

today

farmer’s handle carries 112#/ arm x 160 feet for two total trips (640 feet altogether)-- getting better distance on these between stops
zercher walks 112# x 320 feet, 132# x 160 feet, 162# x about 120 feet
farmer’s hande carries 74.5#/ arm x 160 feet no stops, two trips
clean up, then overhead it for distance 85# x 160 feet then drop down to clean grip x 160 feet

Soggy today! But wonderful! Love love love the carries!!! And…I am totally not sure if this is the correct distance, seems right but it is more for keeping track for myself then anything.

Thanks for the good thoughts.
Pictures and vids of ‘Powerful Women’ always help my attitude…?
Hope you and Moss have some fun in this wet,sloppy, god awful mess we have here!
See ya 'round.

:slight_smile: Thanks Eric!

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 175, 195, 205, 215, 225
190x5 x 2 sets, 190x6
anderson zerchers 135x3, 185x3, 205x3, 225x3, 225 x5
back extensions

after work t bar walks 195# x 160 feet x 4 trips

Looks like you are still killing it. Those carries sound like they are no joke. I will have to give them a try when we get rid of the rest of the snow. Hope all is well with you and the puppy.

:D! Thanks HKD!! OHHH MYY!!! I hope you enjoy the carries as much as I do, I can’t see how you wouldn’t! Super straight forward, just good hearty feeling exertion!

Today
deadszos
45x9, 135, 205, 265, 295, 315, 335
285x4 x 3 sets last set added a belt, 285x4
back extensions

Sunday after my lunch break I accidentally left Moss’s crate door open. I can’t believe I did since I am typically very protectively hypervigilant about unsupervised dog in house stuff. I came home to a very pleased boy greeting me at the door. Not pictured is my blender lid which was chomped to bits no doubt very enthusiastically.

Wow, he probably had a good day but that is a mess. I hope he did eat any of that stuff.

:frowning: Me too hkd. Me too. I have been on high alert for that. So far so good, but absolutely I don’t want him to be obstructed. I feel most of it was spread around the room and for that I am a bit less fearful, but no joke if he gets clogged up!

I did already find some chunks of blender in poop. He is still eating and drinking, no vomiting no diarrhea, no signs of gut pain… so keeping all fingers and toes crossed!

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 175, 295, 205, 215, 225, 227? found some lil 1.4# plates
195x4 x 4 sets, 200 x 3 x 2 sets
back extensions

today
farmer’s handle carries 112# x arm x total of 640 feet- about six stops
zercher carries 112# x 320’ , 142#x160’, 162#x 160’
handle carries 77.5/arm x total of 320’ three stops
overhead carries 84# x 160 feet
zercher carried it back x 200 feet to car

Oh my word, that’s a good time right there! My Jasper will covet an occasional sock or two, and hide them in his bed. That’s about it.

“chunks of blender in poop”…you don’t read that to often…or, ever.

Doing Brute squats Tuesday; will be thinking of you of course.

ERIC D.

I did do some pull ups yesterday but not much. i just felt tired, like sleep tired so I called it with these.
2 sets of 10, 2 sets of 9, a set of 8

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 175, 195, 205, 215, 225
200x6, 200x3, 203
anderson zerchers 135x3, 185x3, 205x3, 225x4 x 2 sets

t bar walks 205 x 4 trips of 160’

I took today off ! It was a nice planned extra day off since I had later night saturday plans-- nice chill sunday with my boy.

Well, getting up was not a big problem this morning…but my body is not having any deadlifts or any lifting today. I tried. Did warm ups to 265 and then I realized nope…added a belt which BARELY fit on me due to a bloated belly state, usually I get it to the second set of holes, now it barely fit the first…but…still nope for 295!

I’ve kinda figured sometimes my hormones say go for it , and sometimes they turn my body into bloated mysh. Today was mush. It’ll pass Better to not fight nature on this.

So I did a set of back extensions which I didn’t feel like were something my hammies wanted to do at all! HA! Doing a few sets of low rep (4) pull ups before work time then it’ll be.

I had a wonderful three day weekend tough! Finished up my horse skull, went to Boulder to see Henry Rollins spoken word, then a sunday off hanging around my house in the gloomy weather watching documentaries for the entire day in my sweats with Moss at my side. Such a delight!!! Excited to have memorial day off next week as well.

NO lifting really until today. yesterday fs were a no go, back was not feeling it.

Today
farmers handles carries 112#/arm x total of 640 feet-- getting noticeably better with distance
zercher carries 112# x 320 feet, 162x 160 feet, 182 x 120 feet
t bar walks 225x 160 carried the whole distance x two trips

Just came to by to check your ‘what Moss ate today’ thread…no pics.

Glad to have a long weekend off (for you), and some sunshine to go with it.
Enjoy.

Thank Eric! I have today off too!! FLIPMODE!!!

I feel I am bored with my lifting lately. I did pull ups saturday 10 sets of 6…then lost interest. Not something I’d like to do again. So Here’s to a bit of a mix up.

FS today were a bust, but instead of the typical kinda “ah fuck!” feeling i had a general disinterest. These themes come and go for me. here’s what i did this morning.

FS 45x5, 135, 175, 195, 205, 215, failed 225 twice!
Might have dipped too low…might be because I had the wrong shoes on…a bit of a narrower stance…or general …meh
200x2 x 2 sets, 195x3…dropped to 165 x …totaly not having it. Back clenched up and my heart wasn’t in it enough to make up for that either.

I realize I mention my “back” a lot . Its because I am absolutely terrified of it being injured as bad as it was ever again. So I stop short, I hold back , I do not push that extra mile, I am completely hesitant and afraid of pssing it off!!! That’s us how it is!

So I went to the field!
tbar carries 235 x160 feet x four trips
All I want to do is caries…carries all day long…I stopped because I might want to deadlift tomorrow…or not…
also did a set of 2 sets of 10 pullups, 9, 2 sets of 5…so far…am going to do more until I feel like I’m over it

Going to hang out all day at my parents house and have Moss hang out with my family. He LOVES them so. He also loves harassing my mom’s Newfoundland who outweighs him a good 40 pounds but is incredibly tolerant of the annoying pup Moss can be around him. Tail chasing, and some scuffles are in the mix.

OK!
A few false starts this week since I am off scedule. I worked a 2am to noon shift that made my weds am deads not possible, I half heartedly “tried” deads yesterday adn it was a bust–not for any concernign reasons just didn’t want too…you know the deal…too many peopel at the gym…whatever.

Yesterday’s pull ups
10 sets of 7

I measured the field I used today as well. I was off on the measurement, so instead of changing the past log entries I’ll just start from here with the actual measurement

Today
farmers handle carries 112# / arm x 270" x 4 trips - total of 1080 feet
Best distance so for for the first shot! I’d say 240 feet
zercher carries 122 x 540 feet
t bar walks 245 x 270 x 4 trips- total of 1080 feet- had a few stops with these, but for the most part did them in one go x the 270 feet