Brute's Book

“Some dog massage has been called for, start rubbing his pecs and triceps and he melts into the carpet .”…I would too.

But you DID hit the gym, and post it, all before my alarm at 5:30am. Good job.

I actually took an extra day off this Wednesday; similar reasons, except for the snake bites. My house is totally empty for another five days; training eating, sleeping, drumming…that about covers it for me. But now I’m just bragging.

Here’s wishing you an afternoon nap!
ERIC D.

OH ERIC!!! That sounds way nice!! I hope the lil mini empty house vacation serves you well!
:)!

Well, as for me, this week is declared rest and or lazy week. I got paid and so I picked up some protein and also some frekaing food that isn’t cheap crackers. My old back injury kinda flared up a bit but I think its more due to inactivity and a bit of a diet change ( more cheap food and more carbs since I felt like eating only crackers on the cheap) so nothing exciting is planned for this weekend.

Except dropping a load of money on my car. Needs a new timing betl and water pump. :{ Yikes. Anywho, here’s what I did today.

deads
45x20, 135, 205, 255, 295, 315, 335
tried a belted 355 nope.
back extensions

Pull ups
So I video’s them on my new camera and also new memory card. I am not sure what to think. Kippy maybe Kippy Probably. Hmpt. Here’s a video of my first set.
12, 11, 3 sets of 10, 2 sets of 8, 7, then misc sets of 4 or so for a total of 100.

I am trying to find some other videos online to compare it to. Anywho. that’s that.

Had not realized how I barely fit int he door frame! Its the only spot I can use my bar in my apartment, and its a adjusted bar that my sister made a bit longer and lower to avoid the my head crashing thru the ceiling. I didn’t realize my knees are totally almost on the floor!

Kippy or not, those pull-ups are phenomenal! Wow!

:D!!! Thank you Snap!! Your compliments always make me burst with pride!! I really appreciate it!! :)!!!

Just cardio today. And a bunch of back extensions and some hanging leg raises.
My sore back I believe now was totally laziness provoked–laying in bed reading and sleeping too long, just not being active enough during the week. The cardio made me feel better.

Tomorrow I will do some outside activity or at least more cardio to help keep me all lubricated and swell. Probably more cardio since its going to be soggy out.

Also…picked up a new hex / trap bar! It’ll be here in a few days! :D!!!

!!!

Slowly stockpiling equipment I can use to avoid going to the gym itself. All I really want to do lately is carry as well and I missed how the t bar hit my butt and hamstrings a bit more then the handles do. I plan to mix them up and rotate them. I also am soopin up my t bar with some nice soft tape instead of the horrible diamond plate that is on the normal bars that ate my hands up in the past. The handles I have now have a nice smooth grip which I think is far more helpful.

Home gym supplies so far consist of a bar, the handles, pull up bar, and about 310 pounds of wt plates, and two lil bumper 10# plates. You know, for emergency situations like not wanting to go to the meat house gym on a saturday with the masses of neon, tans, shaker bottles of pre, post, and peri workout shakes strone about, and misc other stuff I get cranky and snobby about.

I do use all of my home gym lil buds regularly except the barbell which now just is in my living room chillin. I’d use it far more if I could fit it in my car with all the other plates and bars to drive to the field with! Moss’s carrier takes up that space in my rav 4.

Not a bad problem to have though :wink: A dog carrier and wt’s and being able to use both is a real gift that I am totally grateful for!

Nice pull ups.

Nice collection of home gear too!

Nice. That would explain the ‘gun show’ tickets your always handing out…As said above, that is quite a collection of gear you have.

Thanks for the vid, keep them coming.

PS–Did front squats/thought of you yesterday. I log as B.S…Brute Squats.

AHWORD!! :D!!

thanks guys!
Z!!! :D!!! I’m honored!! :D!!!

:D!!!

Mr T showed up yesterday! The UPS guy yelled out that I’d need to help him take it up the three flights of stairs, he yelled clearly “You have to help me!” Help you? I just grabbed it and hauled it up myself, hence the point of having a t bar., so thrilled was I to carry it over the threshold. :D!!!

But he I guess had hurt his back or had surgery or something he told me…He was grateful and i was too! I got it super fast in the mail! Also I didn’t realize it was 85# instead of the usual 45 or 55! SCORE!!! :D!!!
Total cost was $141, free shipping and fat too. I am MOST pleased!!

No lifting was done this week until today. Mondya I just didn’t feel like it. MOss is on the mend!!! No more limping!! :D!! But I am going to rest him another five days just to be sure. Its really something how much that affected my whole mind frame, the lack of dog walk time I had.

Its my favorite thing to do ever, so far in my life honestly, walking by his side and just getting out and opening up my thoughts with a beloved Handsome Big Beautiful Dog to protect and enjoy it with me. Besides feeling pent pup, I really got dumpy and fairly aggro.

I did deadlifts today
deads 45x8, 135, 205, 265, 300, 320, 340
315x2, 295x2, 285x3, 280x3, 275x4, 270x4, 265x5, 250x5, 225 x 10

Here’s Moss meeting Mr T.

That thing looks awesome ! …yes, and the dog too.

Well those front squats got me good; still feeling it a bit. So yeah…thanks.

Happy lifting.

:D!!! Alright Eric!!! I’m glad the fronties left some parting gifts for your legs !! :D!!!

Today I took out Mr T. Inaugural walks went well and I for sure felt heart pumpin action. Not real sure how to log these, just like I don’t really have a good way to log the other carries. I did do them for time today and it was interesting, then I did distance and timed myself for speed I guess? Anyways, here’s the wt I used and a rough idea of what I did.

t bar carries
175# x not sure how far x misc things
175# x time and distance, total of 5 trips of 160 feet, times varied from 40 to 50 seconds to go the distance of 160 feet
Then whatever time and stuff to get everything bar to the car, so maybe another 320 feet or so??
Whatever! I like this f%ckin bar!!! Not a lot of wt but its going to be different and so far its badass. Spent about 40 minutes out doing it so I think that’s pretty cool, and for sure heart pumpin’ action.

Today
Walked to the gym since my car is being worked on, I don’t know why I don’t do this more? Its a ten minute walk! Its the sun really that I avoid but I put all my hats and cover ups and shit so it was a nice lil walk.

fs 45x6, 135, 165, 195, 205, 215, 225
belted 235 , fail at 245
185x6…felt off, 175 x no…just felt like my back was off , same old spot that has always been trouble, so I stopped.
back extensions
clean grip lunges 95x5/leg, x8/leg, x10/leg, x12/leg
zercher lunges 95x5/leg, x8/leg, x10/leg, x12/leg
a bit of a change and a bit of a butt pump.
back extensions again to help keep my injury dormant

pull ups
8 sets of 8, a set of 6

HERE! Some videos.
My lunges today, I share. As stupid as it sounds lunges get me confused. I see I should push that rear leg back more, and as well heels down. Whatever, here they are!

Now THAT’S what I’ve been waiting for…New videos! Camera works great; even a little Ghost Horse ect. showing. Looks great.

I do like Bulg.split SQs with a DB in one hand, holding on with the other… push through the heel; never lockout at the top, for constant tension in the quad (my goal). It’s unpleasant at best.

I could not handle the barbell like you do, as usual.
Happy Lifting!

Well now you have me thinking Eric, HMMM!!! No lock out ?? That might be something to try! I feel a bit like a rocking horse doing them they way I did em last.

I do feel just off doing lunges. Lunges are how I started my weight lifting hobby actually. I had a curl bar and would just clean it up and do lunges every day with whatever wt I had, maybe it was 70 or 80 pounds? I don’t even know anymore and at the time I didn’t know enough to know the significance… Tons of lunges like a psycho–everyday. Now they feel odd.

But they did make my butt sore today I’ll tell you that!!! :D!!! Haven’t had doms in a long time and I got em today!! :D!!! Also upper back which just puts a pin on it. More of those lunges for sure next week.

They for sure make it pretty obvious I have a weaker left leg as the reps are far harder there and I tend to crumble a bit with my core. I see it in my front squats too since that is the leg/knee that tends to pull in on the assent up. I don’t know, it also is on my deads too that pullin left knee… overhead squats, all of them I’ve noticed that left leg just isn’t symmetrically strong or has the same movement . Means I should train it more I know, but its also the side my back is cranky on. Its also my lift off leg since I am a stance unrack-er. MMM.

Today I did carries with the handles. first time in two weeks and it showed.
112# / arm x total of 320 feet…more stops than I’d like
zercher carries 112# X 320 feet no stops, then two trips of 160
overhead carries 72# x 160 feet no stop- then lowered it to a clean grip walk x 160 feet.

Felt nice today! A bit of a change up.

today
fs 45x5, 135, 175, 195, 215, 225
170x5 x 3 sets
back extensions
some misc dealt stuff

Dropping down then amping up on fronties. Um, its very scientific …or just what I feel I should do right now

did some t bar walks
175# x 160 feet x 2 trips
175# x 160 with a few stops
175 x160 feet

OK, deadlifts today
45x10, 135, 205, 265, 295, 315, 335
265x5, 245x6, 225x6
some bw reverse hypers

Just a lil one today but it makes a big difference in my mood the rest of the day at work. Its my "first friday"or last day of the workweek for full time job and usually wednesdays are wilder at work there.

My BUTT is still sore from the zercher lunges last week!!! :D!! Top o’ the butt . WORD! Next time I fs I am going to change my unracking posture and see how it goes, so not a split stance , I’ll get under like everyone else does…sigh. Maybe it makes a whole lot of sense to change with my bum left side?

EDIT: pull ups after work since its way to hot to walk Moss
8 sets of 8
then sets of whatever close grip for a total of 100

The videos and photos are great. I really enjoy your log.

HKD! Thank you friend!!! :D!!!

Today was odd, but all in all could be worse.
I changed my lift off–instead of my usual split leg unracking, I started under the bar. Tricky for my body to get used to but such is life, i am going to see if switching helps. I will figure it out , but I feel like I most certainly staring more, well, come up with a serious red face. Might be a good thing once I figure out my breathing more.

fs 45x5, 135, 175, 195, 205, 215, 225
175x5 x 3 sets
clean grip lunges 115x3/leg… and something happened. :{

I think I set my leg back too far on for a set because my right quad pulled a lot. Feels like it kinda popped out of place, one of those four dudes(muscles) I tried a few more dinky sets, but whenever I stepped back with my right leg it was not fun so I shut it down before something stupid happened.

Did a bunch of back extensions since pushing and putting pressure and wt on my quad seems to help it feel more in place. I’m wrapping i up with some vet wrap ( animal ace bandages!) and hoping for the best. It feel like a spull or a strange kinda tugg. Lunges will be out for a while! HA!

Also set of 10 ghr since again, pushing that leg meat down with wt feels better. One of the reasons I don’t do many ghrs is just for that, they squash my quad leg meat that pad on the part of my knee!! I’d get off the machine and feel like they are all massed and separated! But today I think it helped.

experimented with bar only various sqats and they felt ok, but for sure that lunge position for right leg is a no no for a bit. Dang it! HA!

Quad is feeling a bit better today, though last night it was a bit interesting getting in and out of cages at work. Quickly that became a planned effort…as well as handling a big 153# newfie who was post op cruciate repair. That dog had to be six feet long…and those freaking post ops are always an adventure to try and walk with a sling. However I love newfies so I was more than happy to help :)!!!

But today it feels improved, and I will not be testing it out anytime soon with a lunge position.

today
farmers handle carries 112#x arm x total of 320 feet, had about 5 stops there.
zercher walks 112# x 320, 112# x240, x112# x 80
overhead carries 72# x 160 then lowered to clean grip x rest of the way 160 feet
handle carries 72# x arm x 160 , x two trips

Nice! I do love those handles! Carries are just the best!! :D!!!

In case anyone is truly bored, or would like to hear some pleasant bird songs, here’s a long cell phone video of my overhead walk. Please try them! They are very tranquil.