Brute's Book

Good job on the front squat PR, I know you’ve been wanting that for a while, in a very zen it will happen when it happens way

:D! Thanks Guys!

I really can’t say I’ve been pushing training when it comes down to it so a nice lil surprise is a surprise. I know I am not as dedicated as I could be to getting stronger, but I enjoy being able to lift and I am in fact a bit zen about it :slight_smile: I am in for the long haul!

If it meant enough I’d do better to get there…but…of course PRs are great :slight_smile: Hurray!

Today was an example of how I just kinda…go sometimes to the gym. And that’s all I really can say about it.

Deads
45x6, 134, 205, 290, 315

Fail at 335. HA!
Then I did 315, 295x2, 295…then lost interest in lifting today.

I did try some hook grip deads just because whatever.
135x5, 205, 225, 245. then mixed grip, but switched from my usual grip deads for a few. And back extensions.

Today
fs 45x6, 115, 185, 205, 225, 235
205x 4 x 3 sets, 195 x 4 x3 sets, 185x3 x 4 sets
back extensions
a few zerchers, but not much

Today’s carries
112#/ arm x misc distance.
Upped up the distance about a 1/4 this time. No pr for record distance in a carry, just got them done today. My goal is to decrease the stops it takes me to get from one end of the field to the other. Today it took 3 stops for the first try, which may or may not be a new record thingiie-who… Totally just winging this but I will progress to more wt once I get a decent goal of , oh, say two stops. Better yet one. we’ll see!

"I really can’t say I’ve been pushing training when it comes down to it so a nice lil surprise is a surprise. I know I am not as dedicated as I could be to getting stronger, but I enjoy being able to lift and I am in fact a bit zen about it :slight_smile: I am in for the long haul! "

I disagree with this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have found you to be one of the most dedicated posters on this forum. Anyone who works two jobs and trains needs to be respected and I know your log is an inspiration to others, especially those who have to work for a living. Be safe, train hard.

:D!!! Thank you Idaho! :)!!! I read your message before lifting and it really made my day! I appreciate it!!! :)!

No lifting this week before today, just really tired. Worked a super early shift yesterday that helped me get another nice walk with Moss in the good weather that’s been going on. Serious global warming strange temps here in Denver. Up in the 70’s in January? Anywho, tuesdays pull ups:

11, 4 sets of 10, 5 or so sets of 7 regular pull ups ss with 3 close grip pull ups x total of 110.
I like the close grips, for sure I feel it in my upper back and biceps too. Kinda a chin up upper back attack nice stuff.

Today
deads 45x10, 135, 205, 255, 290, 315
335, 315 x 5 singles, 300 x 5 singles, 295
anderson zerchers 115 since someone just left it on the bar, 225x5 x 3 sets
back extensions ss with dips(!) 6 sets of 2! I can do sets of 2!!! :D! AH HA HA!!!

I think the carries have helped my dips actually. Specifically when I am telling myself to make it the last few feet before stopping I tend to really grip and lat is out and some how my triceps get involved in the operation… I’m alright with that!

today
fs 45x6, 115, 185, 205,225, 235 fail
200x3 x 4 sets, 190x4 x 4 sets, 180x5 x 4 sets
135, 185, 205
back extensions ss with non chest supported rows
ALSO dips a set of 2 and a set of 3. I can do three! :D!

Nice to see ya, Brutiful! You’re doing great in here. Look at you with those big sets of pullups.

:D!!! You too Puff! Nice to see you here!! Thanks as well :D!!!

Today
carries #112 / arm x misc distance
No real remarkable events today, might have a distance record or might be a tie with an older one. I got one of around 90 or 100 feet maybe?

After Moss’s walk I came back and tried some zercher walks with the handles. they work out great for em! Just flip em upside down so the handle is under. Did with 112# 160 feet one way, 4 total trips.

I came by with nothing to say really…until I saw your ‘dip report’. You went from 0 to 3 dip sets in 6-ish weeks I believe? Never underestimate the power of a great haircut; learned this years ago!

But seriously, I’ll be looking forward to some video progress next. Those Zercher carries sound horrible by the way; as if you didn’t stand out in every crowd already…(smiley face).

Heard of a meet coming up in about 4 weeks; need more info still. Might be cool to check out though. I will pass along what I find out.

Enjoy the sunshine!

ERIC D.

“Enjoy the sunshine!”…well, never mind.
Just went out to clean some glass (yes, I DO do windows) and it’s cloudy and WINDY here at City Park. Even blew the geese off my property, which is fine by me.

Hope you get in the gym today; I’m off (gym) until Tuesday myself.

Happy G.H.R’s

ERIC D.

Thanks Z! I am pleased with the lil dip progress! MAN I need a new camera. My old one is totally wacked out. But I do have a video thing on my phone. It s a bit pixelated but it might do.

I think Zerchers get a bad name! I used to think they were awful before I really gave em a chance. They are wonderful! And not as hard as they look. Great for those of us with wild misc back injuries.

Yep! USAPL usually has a March Meet…but I don’t like watching meets. Just because they take forever! I am lazy and hit up youtube to see if anyone I know has some good videos!

Today
fs 45x8, 115 135, 185, 205, 220, 230, 235
210x2 x 5 sets, 210x3 x 3 sets
back extensions
And a set o’ 2 dips :}

Zerchers…A lovely walk, in a beautiful field…RUINED! I bet even the dog agrees with me. Alright, alright, over the top?

OH But they were nice Z!!! LOVELY!!! :)!!

Tuesday’s pull ups- 5 sets f 10, sets of 7-3 regular ss with close grip x 3-4 total of 100.

Today
deads 45x12, 135, 205, 255, 285, 305
320 x 5 singles, 315 x 4 singles
back extensions…and that’s it.

To be truthful I am having a bit of a Dear Diary moment in my life.

But it didn’t help with my lifts!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

WHATEVER!!! Off to walk my beautiful dog who loves the shit out of me on a great day.

Today was a bit off. I chose to do carries today since there is supposed to be a big snowstorm with 8 to 15 inches of snow tonight thru sunday. It became increasingly obvious though that it was not a good idea The field was full on incredibly muddy from this weeks earlier snow.

MAN ALIVE Its a sucking, thick, La Brea Tar pits type mud that just pissesd me off! I couldn’t find one of my clips either so of course at one point the plate remained glued and sucked into the mud when I went forward it remained there. Oh I was MS PISSY PANTS!! I threw a small fit at the mud.

carries 112# / arm x maybe 33% of normal distance. I just got mad and stopped. however, the mud wasn’t as hard to work with for zercher carries so I did them instead. All is better!

zercher carries 112# x around 160 feet, then for the longest bit x 360 feet, then again for around 200 feet, then back to the car…you get the idea.

I LOVE THOSE!!! Upper back for sure!!! I felt a bit pissy for having a shitty carry day, but those zerchers are so much fun! And I have not felt this particular area of my upper back wake up like this in my memory. TRAP ATTACK!!! :D!!!

“MAN ALIVE Its a sucking, thick, La Brea Tar pits type mud that just pissesd me off! I couldn’t find one of my clips either so of course at one point the plate remained glued and sucked into the mud when I went forward it remained there. Oh I was MS PISSY PANTS!! I threw a small fit at the mud.”

“OH But they were nice Z!!! LOVELY!!! :)!!”

Right, so…you were saying ???

BTW–there is a 10 week old English bulldog pup that moved into my property/work, “coffee and cream” colored, as I say. And now that a beagle has won the Westminster (again), mine is SO full of himself. People have literally yelled at us from across the street. No joke.

Let us see about this snow coming our way. My sled-dog Jasper will be in rare form if it comes true!

By for now.
ERIC D.

AWWW!!! that’s adorable!!! I do like bull dogs…but my god do they have health problems. Just genetic nightmares. Great personalities, but man…I’ve seen far too many bulldogs come in for a myriad of really BAD issues.

I didn’t know a Beagle won!! HA!!! Well, I can totally relate to being second fiddle to a dog…people do that same with Moss. SInce he was a puppy, I walk him and they yell “GREAT DOG!!!” " WHOOOOO!!! Beautiful dog!!" as I shuffle along–head to toe covered in fabric, hat , and shades to avoid sun exposure-smile and say thanks. Can’t really complain since we are each surrounded by our beautiful pups! Puts a bit of a bounce in my steps thats for sure!

Snow so far has been a bit lackluster. went to the gym at PRIME BRO/BRA time. It was so packed. Its always so packed on saturdays. Now there are tvs mounted on the walls showing misc FIT-MD ads, ads for trainers with various shadowy bikini-clad-dripping-leaned-out physique chicks with chains on their backs doing dips… ugh…Anywho, it took me awhile to get my flow down, and all I got was this.

fs 45x10, 115, 135, 185, 205, 215, 225
210x2 x 4 sets, 205 x 2 x 3 sets, 20x2 x 3 sets, 195 x 2 x 3 sets, 190x2 x 3 sets, 185x10
back extensions

lots of wee reps but they were nice wee reps. No will today to try going on a walk with my boy, its not terrible cold but its misty. SO we’ll sit and chill and make chicken soup in the crock pot.

today
fs 45x12, 115, 135, 185, 215, 225, 230, 235
215 x 2 x 3 sets, 205 x 4 x 3 sets, 195x4, 185 x 4
back extensions
dips 2 sets of 2 , and then just one lil dippy.

Kinda did my fs a bit differently today. Since my upper back is a bit sore still, it made me realize how to kinda activate it-if that makes sense. Things went a bit better than I expected, less core more squeeze and prop up the bar with my shoulders and back. Typically I kinda drop down then expect my legs to drive me up, today I feel I called my upper half to do its share too.

SNOW.

SNOW!! Means just a sprinkle of people at the gym :smiley: !!!
Today
deads 45x12, 135, 205, 255, 285, 305, 325, 340, 350
315x2 x 3 sets, 295 x 3 x 3 sets, 275x3 x 2 sets, 275x2
back extensions
dips 3 sets of 3 (!) 3 sets of 2

:D!!!
I did my deads a bit different today and it paid off for fucks sake! I think the combination of getting my feet lined up right and today’s new chest up instruction it went well. I am tickled pink!!! SURPRISED and happy to see 350. That is only 11 pounds away from a new all time PR. Biggest deadlift I have done ever was 360 well before I hurt myself and at about 10 pounds heavier body weight. :)! I am pleased!

Not that it didn’t take oh. wl a while to get back to it. … For various reasons its been nearly 2 years since I have done that wt. :)!!! Sounds lame but I am down with it taken another forever to get more wt as well. My outlook has changed a lot over the years, I can lift wt’s and I am not busted up hurt!! So I have a lot to be grateful for.

today
fs 45x10, 115, 135, 185, 200, 215, fail at 230, 225
205x2 x 3 sets, 200x2, 195 x 2 x 3 sets, 190x2 x 3 sets, 180x10
anderson zerchers 135x2, 185 x3 then over it
back extensions
misc unloaded ale bar presses 4 sets of 10

Sore today- upper back, chest too! WORD.