Bruno Bar vs. Single Landmine Handle?

I’m looking to purchase a landmine handle. I’m partial to the Black Widow products – their Viking Press attachment is awesome. I’m torn between the Bruno bar and the single landmine handle. The only meaningful difference seems to be the ball on the end of the Bruno bar and I’m not sure what I’d actually use that for. Does anybody have these and have thoughts on which is the way to go?

I guess I don’t really get why you’d buy a single arm handle - can’t you just hold the barbell? I just see those types of handles gathering dust…

1 Like

Lol. I have small hands with sausage fingers so holding the end of the barbell doesn’t work so well for some exercises I want to do (rows, RDLs, even landmine squats with enough weight are hard for me to hold).

Ball grip is an interesting addition for variety. It’s then a question of whether you can hold it and whether you want to pay a bunch extra for the option.

I personally would but I don’t see the value in the handle alone and I care about grip. If you only want to hit your back then this grip will only create a limiting factor and won’t add to your back training.

1 Like

Can you just use a strap? One armed barbell landmine rows are admittedly hard to grip, but I’ve had good results with just strapping in.

2 Likes

I agree. Just use straps.

1 Like

Straps do work pretty well for me for the rows. I haven’t figured out how to make them work for the landmine squats or RDLs.

Can’t see grip being a problem for landmine squats.

And just use the straps for the RDLs like you would for rows.

Thanks. I’m doing the RDLs with two legs and with 4 45s on the bar and high reps am having some grip issues. Same thing with the landmine squats – it is easy to hold up to a certain amount of weight and then gripping the end of the bar becomes the limiting factor. Perhaps a handle won’t fix these issues.

1 Like

What about one like this so you can use neutral or pronated grip?

Or some really wild ones?

2 Likes

I get it. You just want a new toy :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Guilty as charged! Just trying to decide between which new toy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I bought the Bruno Bar from Black Widow and have been using if for 10 days. It’s great! Also, I can’t recommend Black Widow enough – every attachment I’ve purchased from them has been great.

I welded my own similar in appearance to this.

2 Likes

I was thinking about you and the one you made the whole time!

1 Like