Bruce Lee Was Small and He's Dead

Did granny like to bake on March 14th?

(PI day…3.14 for you non-math guys)

[quote]harris447 wrote:
grey wrote:
Since some of you think you can continue to start threads about Bruce Lee’s super physique I decided to start a Bruce Lee is small thread.
How small was Bruce Lee?
He was smaller than my grandmother (who has also passed away).

Although Granny couldn’t use numchuks like Bruce could I’ll bet ya she baked a better apple pie.

So Bruce Lee is a small dead martial artist/actor.
My Grandmother (God rest her soul) baked apple pie.

The moral of the story is that we remember Granny with love and affection but don’t bring her up all the time praising her baking skills.
Bruce Lee was a good guy but he is now dead a long time and there have been a dozen threads ad naseum on his fighting skills and all the rest of the garbage.
Let him sleep in peace and give us a break as well.

I understand that Granny was small, but what was her relative strength as a baker?

If Granny was 120, then baking six pies an hour would be far more impressive than some juiced-up, dough-bound baker putting 8 pies in the oven.

Simply put, Grany’s functional baking strength was impressive, to say the least.
[/quote]

hahahaha!

[quote]grey wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

That’s quite an interesting thought…or it would be if I hadn’t read the exact same type of comments on 12 other threads.
I am a definate fan of Bruce Lee’s.
Shit I grew up watching all the movies as a kid. The fact remains that he was not the best martial artist in the world. He weighed about 120 pounds soaking wet.
It was a lot of hype and glitter and we kids soaked it all up.
Now time has moved on and continuing to speculate on who could’ve beaten who is a waste of time in my own opinion.
If you guys enjoy shooting the shit about Bruce like a bunch of old codgers gathered around the fire talking about the “good old times” then have at it.
I hope you figure out the secret of his death and the one inch punch of death…
When you do let me know.

[/quote]

I don’t get involved in all the BL was better than so and so crap. I was only explaining to you why he is talked about today. In fact, I only responded to this thread because YOU brought up Granny and I’m a whore for Granny’s threads.

DB

[quote]BRUCELEEWANNABE wrote:
grey wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
Just a relevant thought since you brought up Granny the Good Baker (may she rest in peace), how often do we have “Best Baker” threads on T-Nation? This could be a reason why she isn’t brought up as often as Bruce Lee.

While Granny may have been a great baker of pie, I doubt she was a pioneer, i.e. the first pie baker in the U.S. that taught non-pie-bakers how to bake with the threat of being ostracized by her peers. There are a lot of dead people that are discussed frequently.

People can debate how good a martial artist or physical specimen Bruce Lee was or wasn’t. The fact remains that he started a martial arts trend in the U.S. by opening up the instruction to non-Asians when it was not cool to do so. He also was a pioneer in breaking with the traditional ways of teaching martial arts. Like him or not, he will likely be a topic of discussion for years to come.

Another thing for the flamers to come, regardless of whether or not he was the first to do what I’ve written above, he is acknowledged to be the first, much like a Spanish Jew is an Italian-American hero for discovering America when in fact he wasn’t.

Did Granny do this with pie baking?

DB

That’s quite an interesting thought…or it would be if I hadn’t read the exact same type of comments on 12 other threads.
Shit I grew up watching all the movies as a kid. The fact remains that he was not the best martial artist in the world. He weighed about 120 pounds soaking wet.
Now time has moved on and continuing to speculate on who could’ve beaten who is a waste of time in my own opinion.
If you guys enjoy shooting the shit about Bruce like a bunch of old codgers gathered around the fire talking about the “good old times” then have at it.
When you do let me know.

I’d like to know who was better than BL back in the day? And he weighed more than 120lbs. most of the time. It was like a yo-yo, but most of the time he was above 135. I believe he got up to 165 for awhile there.

[/quote]
Well to start Superman could kick his ass. I think Batman and Robin as well as Spiderman could punch his lights out.
I’m not even getting into guys like the Hulk. Or any of the other marvel comic guys.
Now that i think of it John Wayne could probably rope and hogtie him. I also believe that Blondie from the “The Good The Bad and the Ugly” could shoot him full of holes.
As to him weighing as much as 135 pounds…so does the paperweight on my desk…

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
grey wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

When you do let me know.

I don’t get involved in all the BL was better than so and so crap. I was only explaining to you why he is talked about today. In fact, I only responded to this thread because YOU brought up Granny and I’m a whore for Granny’s threads.

DB[/quote]

I’m just having some fun with the Bruce Lee crazy club.
As for Grannies…all stuff concerning them must be taken very seriously and with great respect.
Did you know that everybody has had two grannies in thier history. It’s true.

Without grannies there would be no Little Red Riding Hood story.

[quote]BRUCELEEWANNABE wrote:
grey wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
Just a relevant thought since you brought up Granny the Good Baker (may she rest in peace), how often do we have “Best Baker” threads on T-Nation? This could be a reason why she isn’t brought up as often as Bruce Lee.

While Granny may have been a great baker of pie, I doubt she was a pioneer, i.e. the first pie baker in the U.S. that taught non-pie-bakers how to bake with the threat of being ostracized by her peers. There are a lot of dead people that are discussed frequently.

People can debate how good a martial artist or physical specimen Bruce Lee was or wasn’t. The fact remains that he started a martial arts trend in the U.S. by opening up the instruction to non-Asians when it was not cool to do so. He also was a pioneer in breaking with the traditional ways of teaching martial arts. Like him or not, he will likely be a topic of discussion for years to come.

Another thing for the flamers to come, regardless of whether or not he was the first to do what I’ve written above, he is acknowledged to be the first, much like a Spanish Jew is an Italian-American hero for discovering America when in fact he wasn’t.

Did Granny do this with pie baking?

DB

When you do let me know.

I’d like to know who was better than BL back in the day?
[/quote]

Any asshole with a Colt 45.

[quote]brucevangeorge wrote:
.[/quote]

Does Lowes and Home Depot carry that?

Wait a sec… Bruce Lee is dead??? Unpossible!

What happened? Was he practicing his one inch punch in front of a mirror when he accidently hit his reflection thus killing his mirror image and thus himself?

Does anyone know if he was buried or cremated? If he was buried, then I have a great business idea. I’ll exhume his rotten corpse and cut off his mostly decomposed balls. I’ll take those balls and grind them up into microscopic grains and then embed each grain in a hard candy shell. These lozenges will then be sold to all the Bruce Lee fanboys so that they can experience their dream of having his nuts in the back of their throats. They live their dream and I’m a multimillionaire. Win-win.

[quote]etaco wrote:
Does anyone know if he was buried or cremated? If he was buried, then I have a great business idea. I’ll exhume his rotten corpse and cut off his mostly decomposed balls. I’ll take those balls and grind them up into microscopic grains and then embed each grain in a hard candy shell. These lozenges will then be sold to all the Bruce Lee fanboys so that they can experience their dream of having his nuts in the back of their throats. They live their dream and I’m a multimillionaire. Win-win.[/quote]

You are one sick and crazy puppy.

Hey…enough of the Bruce Lee bashing!

He may have been thin…small…short, had average strength for his size and was never tested against the best of his day…but he was…um he was…FAMOUS!

So there!

[quote]Doc Stig wrote:
Finest hour in Cinema history ?

Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris in Return of the Dragon. Both guys have insired millions to fill this forum with complete bollocks.[/quote]

Man that is a whole other thread topic…

My vote:

The last 20 minutes of “The Wild Bunch”

The “Ride of the Valkyrie” scene in “Apocalypse Now”

peace.

P.S. Yeah, Bruce was small - but who gives a shit… he was effortlessly cool.

[quote]grey wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
grey wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

When you do let me know.

DB

I’m just having some fun with the Bruce Lee crazy club.
As for Grannies…all stuff concerning them must be taken very seriously and with great respect.
Did you know that everybody has had two grannies in thier history. It’s true.

Without grannies there would be no Little Red Riding Hood story.

[/quote]My little Irish/american granny was known to bake a mean old school apple pie,as well as make some kick butt Home Brew.She could’nt do the fancy spin kicks BL could do but was known to give a swift front kick to the knee or nuts if the ocassion arised,but once in a while she had to resort to a small wood ball bat on her Home brew customers that tried to rip her off.she was about his size also,not as cut but quick.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Hey…enough of the Bruce Lee bashing!

He may have been thin…small…short, had average strength for his size and was never tested against the best of his day…but he was…um he was…FAMOUS!

So there!

[/quote]

So was Jesus dude.

[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
people who admire the looks of his body probably don’t know too much about bodybuilding or martial arts[/quote]

people who make stupid statements like the one above… probably don’t know or respect martial arts or the beauty of the human body… as art or in motion… Your just a dumb meathead…
You should go to website the promotes dumb meatheads…

I love it that idiots get themselves all worked up over what someone puts in a thread. And is also such an attention whore that they feel they need their own thread just to bitch.

Seems like someone needs a hobby/get laid/lift.

Posting again.

[quote]tgatl wrote:
Kliplemet wrote:
people who admire the looks of his body probably don’t know too much about bodybuilding or martial arts

people who make stupid statements like the one above… probably don’t know or respect martial arts or the beauty of the human body… as art or in motion… Your just a dumb meathead…
You should go to website the promotes dumb meatheads…[/quote]

Why are you on T-Nation then? Kind of hypocritical isn’t it?

[quote]tgatl wrote:
Kliplemet wrote:
people who admire the looks of his body probably don’t know too much about bodybuilding or martial arts

You should go to website the promotes dumb meatheads…[/quote]

Maybe you should just go to a website that promotes martial arts. Or maybe finger-painting and ballet