Brother's 741 Gangsta Proclivities

My endurance is way fucking down. The weight is light, but I just can’t keep it up for long at all.

Tuesday - Military Press (I cheated on these as my shoulders aren’t quite as strong as I want them, next MP day, I’ll take the hit to the ego and do a strict military press).
3x135
3x155
3x195

DB Military Press
4x10 - #40

After the first movement…my shoulders were not liking it at all, I was glad this was my last shoulder movement, the third set was split in two because of the fatigue in my shoulders. The fourth, was fine after I walked around for five minutes.

Lateral Raise
4x10 - #25

At this point, I feel like shit. This was a bitch, I feel like a complete and utter pussy as I was moving much more weight not that long ago. I grabbed the 40’s and had to put them back, take the 30’s did one set, but couldn’t finish out the forty reps so I grabbed the #25 to run out the rest of the reps.

Upright Row
4x15 - #135

EZ Barbell Curls
4x10 - #95

Eh…I hate goals especially around NE, but since I have actually been attaining goals on my goal list, I decided I would post my goal list…just because it’s goal posting season.

Goals for 2011:
Spiritual:

• Daily Holy Hour
  • Bi-weekly Confession
  • Pray the LOTH, everyday.
  • Pray the Heart of Jesus, everyday.
  • Pray the Rosary after supper.
  • Fast on Friday
  • Fast for three hours before Sunday Mass.
    Physical
  • Lose gut
  • 350 Bench/500 Squat/550 Dead lift
  • Wake up by 6:30 am every morning.
  • Be able to sprint up a hill 20 times.
  • Sprint three (3) times a week.
  • Average 5,000-6,000 calories a day.
    Intellectual
  • Read one (1) book/journal every two (2) weeks.
    Professional
  • Learn about wholesale & foreclosure
  • Save $1000
  • Make friends with friends at work
  • Learn Latin
    Other
  • Donate blood (at least) four (4) times in 2011
  • Donate items I do not use or not need to the needy.
  • Give more to the Poor & Lonely
  • Smile more
  • Hang out with friends more
  • Write two hand written letters a weekâ?¦to someone.
  • Tithe 10%
  • Become better with relationships
  • 2.5 Hours a day on the computer, besides Homework.
  • Cook someone a meal every two weeks.
  • One big feast once a month.

Keep up the good work Chris.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[/quote]

You can start with me.
I like Mexican food, thank you =D

Great to see you back

Whats up in this bitch?

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
Whats up in this bitch?[/quote]

My man, I asked Chris Klenakis from Arkansas to get me a Razor back shirt from the Sugar Bowl and I finally got it today.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:
Keep up the good work Chris.[/quote]

Thanks brother.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[/quote]

You can start with me.
I like Mexican food, thank you =D

Great to see you back [/quote]

Well you’d have to come to Arizona then. :smiley:

My man, I asked Chris Klenakis from Arkansas to get me a Razor back shirt from the Sugar Bowl and I finally got it today.[/quote]

Too bad we couldnt pull out a victory

Eh…I hate goals especially around NE, but since I have actually been attaining goals on my goal list, I decided I would post my goal list…just because it’s goal posting season.

Goals for 2011:
Spiritual:

• Daily Holy Hour
  • Bi-weekly Confession
  • Fast on Friday
    Physical
  • Lose gut
    Intellectual
    Professional
  • Save $1000
  • Learn Latin
    Other
  • Smile more
  • Write two hand written letters a weekÃ?¢?Ã?¦to someone.
  • Tithe 10%
  • One big feast once a month.[/quote]

This is a great goal list. Hand written letters are on mine too. Do your friends write back? Mine always seem to be one way.

My man, I asked Chris Klenakis from Arkansas to get me a Razor back shirt from the Sugar Bowl and I finally got it today.[/quote]

Too bad we couldnt pull out a victory[/quote]

Yeah…I know. I would have cried, but I’m a Kansan, you guys are like my distant cousin by marriage. I just pity you and your on the ground shootin’ ways…I mean really can’t ya’ll make bird hunting a gentleman’s sport in your state and stop shooting birds while their drinking water?

Just kidding…after all you are better than Ohio.

[quote]pch2 wrote:

Goals for 2011:
Spiritual:

• Daily Holy Hour
  • Bi-weekly Confession
  • Fast on Friday
    Physical
  • Lose gut
    Intellectual
    Professional
  • Save $1000
  • Learn Latin
    Other
  • Smile more
  • Write two hand written letters a weekÃ??Ã?¢?Ã??Ã?¦to someone.
  • Tithe 10%
  • One big feast once a month.[/quote]

This is a great goal list. Hand written letters are on mine too. Do your friends write back? Mine always seem to be one way.
[/quote]

Mine are usually follow up letters to appointments and visits, so I do not expect a written responses. However, I could possible write to some friends who I could expect responses back from in letter.

Hey brother!
Your lifting goals are something like mine. I’m working towards a 500 squat, 315 bench, and 600 deadlift. Good luck on that goal list (that’s a lot of stuff). Do you stick to 531 pretty closely?

[quote]jakerz96 wrote:
Hey brother!
Your lifting goals are something like mine. I’m working towards a 500 squat, 315 bench, and 600 deadlift. Good luck on that goal list (that’s a lot of stuff). Do you stick to 531 pretty closely?[/quote]

Yes, I followed something else before, but I knew Jim was doing something similar and with the same principles and I heard some great stuff about it. So, I figured why the hell not, might as well give the guy 30 bucks, get some new percentages and rock this shit out some more.

My goals are pretty far out there, which is fine (I’d rather reach far standing goals, then be a bitch and meet my goals super early). I have a lot of “catching” up to do, because of surgeries, being a dumb ass and not working around the injuries and avoiding training all together (which includes things like walking so that my heavy ass doesn’t lose wind walking up the two flights of stairs to my apartment). I had a pretty solid period of not being able to do anything because of migraines besides lay in bed. I haven’t had a migraine in two days, so hopefully I’m back to normal. I trained in that time period, but it was pretty scattered, mattered if I could see or not. But, I squatted today.

AM workout - Walked to work, worked on the engine of a F650 for 30 minutes, replaced a tire on a F650, shoveled snow.

PM workout -

Squat Worked up to 300x5(+2)
Leg Press Worked up to 3 plates x 10
Leg Curls x50
Calf x75
Neck x40

When I put something like (+2) next to reps, that means that is how much more I did then the prescribed. I don’t do anything more than prescribed except for the last set of the main lift of the day.

Jakerz, this is the guy I followed for a long time (well what he taught as the principles to follow), and still do. 5/3/1 is based off the same principles this guy used when he broke the WR for a 1003 squat.

He’s a hero because of his sheer idiocy to cast aside any and all bodily worries.

[quote]jakerz96 wrote:
Hey brother!
Your lifting goals are something like mine. I’m working towards a 500 squat, 315 bench, and 600 deadlift. Good luck on that goal list (that’s a lot of stuff). Do you stick to 531 pretty closely?[/quote]

Yes, I followed something else before, but I knew Jim was doing something similar and with the same principles and I heard some great stuff about it. So, I figured why the hell not, might as well give the guy 30 bucks, get some new percentages and rock this shit out some more.

My goals are pretty far out there, which is fine (I’d rather reach far standing goals, then be a bitch and meet my goals super early). I have a lot of “catching” up to do, because of surgeries, being a dumb ass and not working around the injuries and avoiding training all together (which includes things like walking so that my heavy ass doesn’t lose wind walking up the two flights of stairs to my apartment). I had a pretty solid period of not being able to do anything because of migraines besides lay in bed. I haven’t had a migraine in two days, so hopefully I’m back to normal. I trained in that time period, but it was pretty scattered, mattered if I could see or not. But, I squatted today.

[/quote]
Sorry to hear about the migraines and such and glad to hear you are doing better.

I personally like to have long and short term goals to keep me going and stay motivated for the long term.

Squatting is the best (next to deadlifting of course).

[quote]jakerz96 wrote:

[quote]jakerz96 wrote:
Hey brother!

[/quote]
Sorry to hear about the migraines and such and glad to hear you are doing better.

I personally like to have long and short term goals to keep me going and stay motivated for the long term.

Squatting is the best (next to deadlifting of course).[/quote]

I have my year planned out with numbers. However, it’s fluid in the sense that if I hit max higher than I thought, or I recover faster than I thought. I can just put it in and I’m ready to go.

AM workout - Walked to work through snow, up hill, both ways. Serious. I’ll have to take pictures, but the snow melted during the day so there will be no snow.

PM workout -

Squat Worked up to 325x3( 4)
Leg Press 3 Plates 4x15
Leg Curls 4x15
Calf 4x15

Okay, I haven’t wrote in my log so I’m copying from my written journal since I have some time.

Bench

• worked up to 230x3

Deadlift

• worked up to 340x3

MP

• worked up to 200x3

Squat

• worked up to 365x1( 4)

Bench

• worked up to 235x1( 1)

DL

• worked up to 350x1( 3)