Brotherhood of Iron Redux

The current incarnation of the BOI is getting out of hand. Let’s start over on the right foot.

Some ground rules, if you will:

1. No off topic posting. Your girl left you? Still a virgin? Just feeling kind of down? I’m sorry, but don’t post about it here.
  2. No catty bullshit. Want to make snide remarks? Take it elsewhere. If you’re holding onto a grudge over something someone said to you on the interwebz, then this isn’t the thread for you.
  3. No “I just wanna gain 10 lbs” posters. This isn’t the place for you.
  4. If you are a first time poster with a question, make a new thread. Questions are cool, but only if you have been posting your training here so the rest of us have some idea of what you’re doing. “One and done” questions just clutter shit up.

Let’s go.

I’m shirt benching today, any tips on one boarding?

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
I’m shirt benching today, any tips on one boarding?[/quote]

Never stop pulling, tuck hard, and push your stomach up as much as possible.

Rack Deads worked up to 200kg’s *8

Leg Press (1st time doing it) IS FFUuuccckkkkiinnggg BRUTAL. I know it sounds silly but i had a harder time on that than SQUATING !

Set 1: 145kg *12
Set 2: 155kg *12
Set 3: 165kg *7

That last set mother of god, i now have a splitting headache due to holding my breath trying to get back up. Last rep i got stuck in the middle of the rep for about 5-10 seconds going nowhere going purple in the face i say. In short Leg Press SUCKS !

Why i’m doing it again

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
I’m shirt benching today, any tips on one boarding?[/quote]

Tuck hard, pull the bar to you, and don’t let your forearm snap in half?

From the previous thread:

[quote]josh86 wrote:
Vegg if you aren’t even as big as you previously were why do you think you’ll even get more stretch marks before surpassing your previous level? Don’t wanna be a dick but if you don’t want to grow as fast as possible because of stretch marks that’s a pretty shit ass way to train. You wan to intentionally grow slower so you don’t get more stretch marks? Sounds kinda gay. [/quote]

I didn’t say I want to grow slower. I said I don’t know if I want to do the DC stretches, because it was mainly those, NOT the growing that gave me horrible stretchmarks. But jeez, you guys are persistent, rofl. I’ll give them a try, but if I start getting more stretchmarks from them, I’m dropping them.

Cool guys.

I’m out.

Elitism FTW.

Don’t bother responding.

[quote]SmallToBig wrote:
Rack Deads worked up to 200kg’s *8

Leg Press (1st time doing it) IS FFUuuccckkkkiinnggg BRUTAL. I know it sounds silly but i had a harder time on that than SQUATING !

Set 1: 145kg *12
Set 2: 155kg *12
Set 3: 165kg *7

That last set mother of god, i now have a splitting headache due to holding my breath trying to get back up. Last rep i got stuck in the middle of the rep for about 5-10 seconds going nowhere going purple in the face i say. In short Leg Press SUCKS !

Why i’m doing it again[/quote]

I’m with you, I’d much rather squat than leg press. The headrush I normally get on leg press (yes, and I’m breathing correctly) is way too uncomfortable and squats build my legs more than adequately.

I am a fan of the hack squat machine though when my knee’s can handle it.

[quote]Vegg wrote:

josh86 wrote:
Vegg if you aren’t even as big as you previously were why do you think you’ll even get more stretch marks before surpassing your previous level? Don’t wanna be a dick but if you don’t want to grow as fast as possible because of stretch marks that’s a pretty shit ass way to train. You wan to intentionally grow slower so you don’t get more stretch marks? Sounds kinda gay.

I didn’t say I want to grow slower. I said I don’t know if I want to do the DC stretches, because it was mainly those, NOT the growing that gave me horrible stretchmarks. But jeez, you guys are persistent, rofl. I’ll give them a try, but if I start getting more stretchmarks from them, I’m dropping them.[/quote]

I know Modok has said some things before in the past about how he believes that consuming more of your fats from monounsaturated and polyunsaturated sources can help minimize stretch marks. Might be something to look into.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Vegg wrote:

josh86 wrote:
Vegg if you aren’t even as big as you previously were why do you think you’ll even get more stretch marks before surpassing your previous level? Don’t wanna be a dick but if you don’t want to grow as fast as possible because of stretch marks that’s a pretty shit ass way to train. You wan to intentionally grow slower so you don’t get more stretch marks? Sounds kinda gay.

I didn’t say I want to grow slower. I said I don’t know if I want to do the DC stretches, because it was mainly those, NOT the growing that gave me horrible stretchmarks. But jeez, you guys are persistent, rofl. I’ll give them a try, but if I start getting more stretchmarks from them, I’m dropping them.

I know Modok has said some things before in the past about how he believes that consuming more of your fats from monounsaturated and polyunsaturated sources can help minimize stretch marks. Might be something to look into.[/quote]

Ive seen this first hand when I was doing the AD.

[quote]Vegg wrote:

josh86 wrote:

I didn’t say I want to grow slower. I said I don’t know if I want to do the DC stretches, because it was mainly those, NOT the growing that gave me horrible stretchmarks. But jeez, you guys are persistent, rofl. I’ll give them a try, but if I start getting more stretchmarks from them, I’m dropping them.[/quote]

Last comment I’ll make toward this…I don’t care if you do then or not, though I don’t believe they are what caused your stretch marks. Do NOT say you are doing DC if you aren’t goin to do everything the program calls for. The stretches are just as much a part of it as the rest-pausing or training with heavy loads.

Yesterdays Legs 1

SLDL : 315 x 13

PR!

Hack Squats : 515 x 8, 385 x 20/21 - lost count at the end

PR! Beat my previous best of 515 x 7 that was set at a nice and chubby 225. Currently 206 and much leaner, will be shiftig back to a full on gaining approach very soon.

Well in case someone misses this in the other thread. This is a response for C_C as he asked me to write out what I was doing. Anyone can comment if they would like.

Alright this might be long I’ll write down directly from my log book what I did the last week for each body part to give you a better idea of what I’am doing.

7/24
front squats
135 x 3
155 x 2
185 x 1
205 x 1
225 x 2
then 185 for 10 doing 5 sets of 2 cluster sets
155 for 20 doing 8 cluster sets

7/25
delcine bench
95 x 8
135 x 6
155 x 4
185 x 1
205 x 1
225 x 3
165 x 12
145 x 10

incline bench
135 x 8
115 4x12

db flies
25’s x 12
35’s x 2x12

7/26
SHIPS
135 x 6
155 x 6
165 x 6
175 x 6
155 x 12
135 x 15

reverse pulldowns
100 x 12
125 x 12
150 x 10
112 x 12
112 x 12

chest supported row
45 x 15
90 x 2x10
100 x 7

7/27
sumo deadlift
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 1
335 x 3

7/28
incline
135 x 10
155 x 5
185 x 8
135 x 3x8

Decline
205 x 8
185 x 6

DB flies
35’s x 12
45’a x 2x10

Couple things:
This has been what my lifting has been like for about the last 9 weeks. I don’t think I have been slacking in the gym any. Upon getting everything out in the open it does look like my pressing volume is WAY TO FUCKING HIGH at least for now, maybe a cruise week is in order.

@ stunman mike, I’ve still been eating 5-6x a day. so I do not think that is the main reason my weight has stalled. I do need to bump my calories up some though, for the most part however I’ve been waking up around 180-183 and then going to bed weighing about 185-187.

A quick look at my diet in case anyone wants to see

meal one
super shake 1335cal

meal two
pasta, chicken, steak, or fish +16oz of 2%milk give or take 600cal

meal three
pb & j cottage cheese, 16oz 2%milk give or take 600cal

meal four
pasta and more milk

meal five
5-8 tbsp of peanut butter +16oz of 2%milk again like close to 1000cal here

meal 6
cottage cheese and more milk, or yogurt.

I dont know the exact number of calories I eat, if my stomach feels empty I eat something. This is usually and all day thing. I only write down the solid meals I eat. I snack constantly on peanuts, poptars ect. Usually get 8 hours of sleep or more. Dont drink booze, dont drink pop very much maybe 3-4x a month.

The main thing here is just that my joints feel “old” so maybe all I need is a weeks cruise or something, I did not start feeling “beat up” so to speak until this last week or so.

Stronghold suggested I do 531, less volume,huge room to progress. It would also give me the opportunity to rest more since I’d only be lifting 4 days a week. This could help my joints feel better. I’m also thinking of buying some fish oil to help with my inflamation.

Sorry this is so long and drawn out, just trying to get all the bases covered.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Stronghold wrote:
Vegg wrote:

josh86 wrote:

I know Modok has said some things before in the past about how he believes that consuming more of your fats from monounsaturated and polyunsaturated sources can help minimize stretch marks. Might be something to look into.

Ive seen this first hand when I was doing the AD.[/quote]

Thats interesting that you mention this. I remember on my high carb/low fat diet my stretch marks were out of control, even putting lotion on them 2x a day did nothing. I’ve been on the high fat/lowish carb diet for a few months now and it seemed like most of mine magically faded from that angry red. I had no idea why, maybe this is the answer.

Xbc, if you feel the volume is too much you can probably fix that just by cutting out those drop sets you seem fond of. I mean you already ramped up to your top weight, not really any reason to do anymore IMO.

Do you use EVOO and supplement with fish oil? Fixed my joint problem right up after about 2 weeks.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Xbc, if you feel the volume is too much you can probably fix that just by cutting out those drop sets you seem fond of. I mean you already ramped up to your top weight, not really any reason to do anymore IMO.

Do you use EVOO and supplement with fish oil? Fixed my joint problem right up after about 2 weeks.[/quote]

I agree with these recommendations. More healthy fats.

[quote]SSC wrote:
Cool guys.

I’m out.

Elitism FTW.

Don’t bother responding.[/quote]

Agreed. Peace

Sigh lol

I have been waiting and waiting for a stretch mark LOL to show myself that im growing fast… now i might not get any !

Might look into the Mc Donalds gainer -_-

[quote]Vegg wrote:

josh86 wrote:

Not trying to knock you, but have you ever tried to approach it as a pregnant women? They rub themselves with vitamin e lotion and cocoa butter all day anticipating stretch marks. Your skin seems genetically inclined to develop stretch marks, so maybe this is something you need to look into.

[quote]SmallToBig wrote:
Sigh lol

I have been waiting and waiting for a stretch mark LOL to show myself that im growing fast… now i might not get any !

Might look into the Mc Donalds gainer -_-[/quote]

Try one of the super shakes that xb-c talked about in his diet post if you think you need to get some massive calorie meals in there. Much better day-to-day solution than pounding down the McDonalds. Fast food is delicious, but eating it day in and day out might not be the best thing for you.

[quote]Stuntman Mike wrote:
Vegg wrote:

josh86 wrote:

Not trying to knock you, but have you ever tried to approach it as a pregnant women? They rub themselves with vitamin e lotion and cocoa butter all day anticipating stretch marks. Your skin seems genetically inclined to develop stretch marks, so maybe this is something you need to look into.[/quote]

Yeah, I’m actually using Bio-Oil right now. I’m also going to up my fat intake like crazy during my next bulking phase. (My only carbs will be in the morning and peri/post-workout) I’m going to try to keep fat gain at a minimum this time too.