Brotherhood of Iron: Omega

Live, I’m always up for a challenge. But talk is cheap my friend.

Also, things like HS row machines are hard to guage IMHO since it really depends on how loose your form is, for one, and two, different machines handle differently in my experience (on one machine, for example, I could do almost 6 plates for similar amount of reps, but on this one, 5 feels like a ton).

DB shoulder press? Bring it. I’m about to deload for 2 weeks so that gives you a chance. But Let’s see who get’s to the 110’s x 6+ first?

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:

Also, things like HS row machines are hard to guage IMHO since it really depends on how loose your form is, for one, and two, different machines handle differently in my experience (on one machine, for example, I could do almost 6 plates for similar amount of reps, but on this one, 5 feels like a ton).

DB shoulder press? Bring it. I’m about to deload for 2 weeks so that gives you a chance. But Let’s see who get’s to the 110’s x 6+ first?[/quote]

I did, 2 years ago, at 199.

First day of 5/3/1 for cg bench

CG Bench
140 x 5
150 x 5
155 x 15 PR

Incline Bench
115 x 12
125 x 12

DB Flies
25’s x 10
50’s x 10
50’s x 10

Tricep Pushdowns
100 reps

I about passed out after my top set with 155. So far things are looking up. Using lighter weight and staying in the upper rep ranges for the time being. Thursday is deadlift day, should be a good show.

[quote]josh86 wrote:
SSC - my in human cgbp is also like 30 lbs heavier and for more reps than the smith low incline[/quote]

Interesting. It could be because my arms (and upper legs, for that matter) are super laggy, though. I’ve literally had guys say “Only your shoulders, back, chest, and calves are big.” Hopefully these hack squats and pinwheels will do the trick. :slight_smile:

/////-----\\\ (<— Whoa looks like a barbell. Didn’t even mean to do it.)

Delts + Back

[u]SHIPS[/u]
85 x 10
115 x 4
165 x 2
235 x 8 (+2 reps!)

[u]Cable Lateral Raise[/u]
20 x 6
50 x 9 (+10 lbs, -6 reps)

[u]Rack Pulls from what seems to be a mile below me[/u]
135 x 8
225 x 3
315 x 1
415 x 6
385 x 8

^^^ Going to be back to 535 in no time. Only at like 5-6 inches lower.

[u]Pulldowns[/u]
50 x 8
122.5? x 3
175 x 12 (+4 reps)

[u]Wierd Heavy Facepulls[/u]
100 x 10 (Machine almost tipped over… har har har)

So, for the record, I’m dominating my numbers day in and day out. And getting lean. Today after my workout there was no one in the locker room. I hit a front double bi and damn, my lats are starting to look huge from the front pose. That’s a good sign. They have visible definition now from that angle.

Now I just have to figure out how to do a lat spread. I think it will come as I continue to fix my posture. I think my shoulder blades currently have a strange alignment that prevents me from doing them correctly.

[quote]xb-C wrote:

CG Bench
140 x 5
150 x 5
155 x 15 PR

Incline Bench
115 x 12
125 x 12

DB Flies
25’s x 10
50’s x 10
50’s x 10

Tricep Pushdowns
100 reps

I about passed out after my top set with 155. So far things are looking up. Using lighter weight and staying in the upper rep ranges for the time being. Thursday is deadlift day, should be a good show.[/quote]

Why are you using light weight for the time being, just letting shit heal?

[quote]Jacked Diesel wrote:
xb-C wrote:

CG Bench
140 x 5
150 x 5
155 x 15 PR

Incline Bench
115 x 12
125 x 12

DB Flies
25’s x 10
50’s x 10
50’s x 10

Tricep Pushdowns
100 reps

I about passed out after my top set with 155. So far things are looking up. Using lighter weight and staying in the upper rep ranges for the time being. Thursday is deadlift day, should be a good show.

Why are you using light weight for the time being, just letting shit heal?[/quote]

For the most part yea. I was doing a 3 way split and my joints just started feeling beat up from all the pressing movements 4-5x a week. I took a deload and was recommended to do 5/3/1 by a few folks around here.

[quote]Jacked Diesel wrote:
bugeishaAD wrote:

DB shoulder press? Bring it. I’m about to deload for 2 weeks so that gives you a chance. But Let’s see who get’s to the 110’s x 6+ first?

[/quote]

That’s great, but the challenge wasn’t to you. :slight_smile:

[quote]SSC wrote:

Now I just have to figure out how to do a lat spread. I think it will come as I continue to fix my posture. I think my shoulder blades currently have a strange alignment that prevents me from doing them correctly.[/quote]

Lat spreads are kind of screwy. Just practice in the mirror at home or something.
Good job on the weight loss and strength man.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
Jacked Diesel wrote:
bugeishaAD wrote:

That’s great, but the challenge wasn’t to you. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Oh, I know, but my accomplishments should be your goals, that is how Live makes progress in the gym. :smiley:

Oh, Austin, I never mentioned this. But DUDE, you really need to work on your posing haha. Especially if you’re gonna be a bad-ass bodybuilder, you need to get on that shit ASAP haha.

The angle of the vid made it tough to see everything clearly, but in my very humble opinion, that front doublebicep could look a lot better if you hit it better. I would turn your fists more in to make your biceps peak more, and lower your elbows to make yourself look wider. You’re kind of doing it like Trey Brewer (which I dislike) and I don’t think it compliments his lack of backwidth too well. Also, take a deep breath and suck in your air to make yourself look bigger up top and smaller on the bottom when hitting this pose (and other front poses like front lat spread).

RE: rear lat spread… Definitely a lot to work on here. I would watch the pro’s hit theirs… I’d shoot your elbows back and scrunch up that back musculature, hook your thumbs pretty deep, like almost near you spine, and roll your scapulae out while “flaring” the lats.

EDIT: attempted to take one pic “imitating” you, and one how I would do it. Didnt come out so hot since I had to hold my phone.

And how “I” would do it.

I don’t think I’m the best poser but I have a little experience dickin around with it plus being around some bodybuilders.

Anyways, just tryin to help. Please don’t get mad and eat me. :frowning:

Is it just me or is bug on sexy bitch?

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Is it just me or is bug on sexy bitch?[/quote]

x2

i may get stronger than him someday, but i don’t think i’ll ever be able to match his sexiness

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
Is it just me or is bug on sexy bitch?

x2

i may get stronger than him someday, but i don’t think i’ll ever be able to match his sexiness[/quote]

Lol

Mega sexy bug, I need to get at least a semi-tan damnit.

oh and BTW, my gym doesn’t even have 110 pound DBs lol.

maybe we should have OHP contest?

my best so far is 185x4

Ok. My best is 205 x 6.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
Ok. My best is 205 x 6.[/quote]

damn you

how are you taller than me, lighter than me, stronger than me, and more jacked than me?

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
Ok. My best is 205 x 6.[/quote]

What # are you guys going to race to? First to get 225x5+ or something?

[quote]josh86 wrote:
bugeishaAD wrote:
Ok. My best is 205 x 6.

What # are you guys going to race to? First to get 225x5+ or something?[/quote]

im just trying to beat him in anything lol.

hmmm lets see

i have a 405x3 RDL

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
bugeishaAD wrote:
Ok. My best is 205 x 6.

damn you

how are you taller than me, lighter than me, stronger than me, and more jacked than me?

[/quote]

I weighed in at 204 this morning(finally back to my pre-injury weight woo), and I’m pretty fucking lean(maybe I will put up pictures here soon so this isn’t just heresay anymore) and Josh and Bug destroy me, we can go post on FML together Live.