Brotherhood of Iron? Bodybuilding?

Can someone tell me why a thread like the BOI is in the bodybuilding section? It really has only marginal interest to bodybuilding. Bodybuilding is not solely about how much weight you can lift. Bodybuilding is about using weight training to develop an aesthetically proportioned and muscular physique. It’s more about how than how much.

I think there is a general consensus over there that getting stronger + eating to gain size = the best way to do it.

Quit knit picking you little turd.

[quote]Scotacus wrote:
Can someone tell me why a thread like the BOI is in the bodybuilding section? It really has only marginal interest to bodybuilding. Bodybuilding is not solely about how much weight you can lift. Bodybuilding is about using weight training to develop an aesthetically proportioned and muscular physique. It’s more about how than how much.[/quote]

That thread (the original one) was put together by Amsterdam Animal upon realizing that this entire forum was devoid of actual discussion of people who lift weights and are actually reaching goals. It was his attempt to get it back on track.

While the addition of the T-Cell seems to have helped in that area, there are still far too many people here who TALK way more than they ACT, some of whom probably don’t even lift weights.

With that in mind, that thread is fine where it is. It beats the ridiculous number of threads started by 140lb’ers asking about what their body fat percentage is.

[quote]Stuntman Mike wrote:
I think there is a general consensus over there that getting stronger + eating to gain size = the best way to do it.

Quit knit picking you little turd.[/quote]

Good post.

Getting stronger is how you get big for those dumb enough to not know this.

[quote]Scotacus wrote:
Bodybuilding is not solely about how much weight you can lift. Bodybuilding is about using weight training to develop an aesthetically proportioned and muscular physique. It’s more about how than how much.[/quote]

Is this a serious thread?

The two are more related than you probably think.

[quote]Scotacus wrote:
Bodybuilding is about using weight training to develop an aesthetically proportioned and muscular physique. It’s more about how than how much.[/quote]

Ummm I don’t want to speak for everyone in that thread, but I feel I can speak on behalf of most of us when I say this IS our goal…it just so happens that in order to do that you have to get stronger.

We post up all of our lifting sessions and we give each other support/encouragement/motivation and we talk shop a lot…Cephalic_Carnage has been particularly helpful giving us advice on different exercises to try to bring out different areas of our physiques.

As already mentioned - stop nitpicking.

The original BOI thread was actually in the Get a Life area. It was moved from the Get a Life area to the Bodybuilding area. Obviously the mods or someone on the inside felt it was a better fit over there.

And yeah, stop nitpicking you little turd.

even though it’s not really a BB thread in essence, it seems too be the only thread which is pretty much void of spam or negativity, which is why i keep returning plus not everyone in my life cares when i first bench 3 plates or pull 4 but its good when you post a pr like that you have someone saying good work, it’s a good support system at times

So, I guess I was wrong to make a post about lifting more weight, eating more food, and gaining more weight in the bodybuilding thread.

Let me just fix this little mistake and change it to the Brotherhood of Toning and Shaping.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
So, I guess I was wrong to make a post about lifting more weight, eating more food, and gaining more weight in the bodybuilding thread.

Let me just fix this little mistake and change it to the Brotherhood of Toning and Shaping.[/quote]

You’d do it at your own peril, JB!!!

You know guys, he’s right. Trying to shovel in all this food and lift progressively heavier and heavier weights is not a good way to start bodybuilding. I say we start SHAPING our muscles! Tricep kickbacks with the 5 or 10 pounder? 10 might make me too big…

Hm. Yeah, definitely not related to bodybuilding at all.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
You know guys, he’s right. Trying to shovel in all this food and lift progressively heavier and heavier weights is not a good way to start bodybuilding. I say we start SHAPING our muscles! Tricep kickbacks with the 5 or 10 pounder? 10 might make me too big…

Hm. Yeah, definitely not related to bodybuilding at all.[/quote]

Damnit! I feel so fucking stupid! How did I not see this before???

[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
.[/quote]

this thread makes as much sense as that fucking roll of hay.

i’ve never seen so much god damn hay.

OP is an idiot.

Wow look at the hay.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
even though it’s not really a BB thread in essence, it seems too be the only thread which is pretty much void of spam or negativity, which is why i keep returning plus not everyone in my life cares when i first bench 3 plates or pull 4 but its good when you post a pr like that you have someone saying good work, it’s a good support system at times[/quote]

Great answer, and I completely understand and can relate to what youre saying re pr’s and having even “virtual” support, especially when you add another plate. Glad to hear one other person recognizes it is not in essence a bb thread. Can also appreciate wanting to avoid negativity, Ive noticed there is alot of that on this site. A mature response really stands out.

[quote]Scotacus wrote:
Can someone tell me why a thread like the BOI is in the bodybuilding section? It really has only marginal interest to bodybuilding. Bodybuilding is not solely about how much weight you can lift. Bodybuilding is about using weight training to develop an aesthetically proportioned and muscular physique. It’s more about how than how much.[/quote]

Don’t knock the BOI. Go look at some pictures of the regular members, compare them to your oh so perfect bodybuilding physique, and then go cry like a little girl.

My question is this, of all the threads in the bodybuilding forum to call out for not being “bodybuilding” related, you question the BOI ?

He’s jealous?

Maybe a little intimidated?